Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Thanks Debzie :) I will give your tips a try too! I find using the shield for a bit first helps, but getting him latched after is still hard. I shape my breast with my hand and try to get as much in as I can but he still doesn't open his mouth enough. :wacko: He is growing like a weed so hopefully soon!

thanks for the update mrsmig.

Thinking of you Kelly and can't wait to see pics of Daniel.

ts - it does get easier as they get bigger. It suddenly seemed to get easier for me around the 6 week mark.

B still asleep! The last few weeks have been really difficult with his increasing night waking. This week he was waking every 2 hours or so and I had a bit of a meltdown at the bf group on Thursday. The nurse suggested he wasn't getting enough hindmilk and that as is feeding during the day not very long he is making up for it in teh night. I am trying to encourage him to drink more from the first so I have to feed from one, switch then back to first. We also decided I would sleep in the spare room and OH would bring him to me. So Thursdat night was 11pm, 3.30 then 8 and last night was 10pm (thinking this doesn't bode well) 3.30 and still asleep now. Not sure if he is just over it or me being next to him and smelling me was waking him up but I haven't had much chance to get into the switch feeding so not sure it could me that

oh how exciting about Kelly - sending lots of positive thoughts her way :) xx

Oh great to hear danny boy is on his way hope he turns for her xxxx hugs
Happy easter everyone im off for the weekend to see friends hope you enjoy the four day weekend xxx

Thank you Pink. I am looking forward to Finn getting bigger. :) I'm sorry you had such a hard time lately with B. :hugs: I hope last nights sleep turns out to be a habit for him. I hope you get some sleep soon. Sorry I have no advice about the bf'ing. I wish it was easier for everyone. :(

How are you doing Ginny?

Enjoy your weekend Merri :)

I hope you are all well. :flow:

Had a rough night again, Finn doesn't sleep very long overnight yet. One 4 hour stretch where we manage to sleep 3 hours and then 2 two hour stretches, but I only get about 1 hour then. He always takes at least an hour to end up back in bed. :wacko: I have given up on sleep. :cry:

big :hugs: ts I know how you feel! Early on I had to go to bed for an hour during the day and let OH look after him and that does help a bit and try to nap when he was napping, but that is easier said than done.

Hope everyone is having a nice Easter

Thank you Pink. :)

I was planning to nap today but I just remembered my inlaws are coming. NOT happy about that. Nothing I do with bf'ing is right for them. They are experts. Did you know his jaundice was my fault? I think the nurse at the desk nearly fell out of her chair when Shawn's dad said that. And then when I told Shawn's mom that Finn was fussy one day the first words out of her mouth were what did I eat to make him like that. Also, I am not making enough milk, that is why he was eating so much. I explained to her it was cluster feeding and perfectly normal during a growth spurt but she didn't believe me. She called every single day asking Shawn if he was eating normal yet. But, this is coming from the woman who let her 2 week old sleep for 12 hour stretches. She knows best. :wacko:

Shawn won't say anything either. It frustrates me to no end. I told him if I say something it won't be nice.

When I talk to my parents about what is going on with Finn they are supportive and it is great. When Shawn's parents find out (because I don't want to talk to them about it!) they blame me for everything. Just what a ftm needs. Especially when I am already doubting myself so much. :(

Sorry for the rant. I am just so tired and I really don't want them coming out. Shawn won't tell them no because he is their grandson and they want to visit him. But I am his mother and if I don't want them here I should get a say! Argh! Maybe I will take Finn up into the bedroom to feed him and not come back down. :(

Again, sorry for the rant :(

Thinking of you Kelly! Hope you are doing well and snuggling Daniel right now.

Hope Daniels here by now kelly!

Omg Mindy I'd be furious if my in laws said that :grr: x

mindy that is just a horrible attitude your inlaws have! how dare they blame you for things like that! i'd be refusing them in my house i think :nope:

ooo wonder how Kelly is getting on?? hope little :blue: is here :D

evening everyone else :waves:

Mindy, I agree with the other ladies, what a terrible thing to say to you. You need to get Shawn to stand up for you. If it was up to me, we would have nothing to do with Kev's Dad but its not my decision to make and luckily we hardly ever see him anyway.

I hope Kelly is busy cuddling and getting to know her little man.

Thanks ladies. The visit started off ok but then went down hill. They asked again what I was eating to make him gassy. Then laughed that I had a breastfeeding book, especially since it is called "Breastfeeding Made Simple". FIL actually said "how can it get any more simple?" Then after I ate ONE cookie and FIL said that was the reason why Finn was fussy.

Shawn will never stand up to them. He is very non confrontational. He tells me to just ignore them. That is what he has always done, just take the hurtful comments and ignore. We had a bit of an argument about it actually and it really sucks because we never argue. :(

How are all of you ladies today (tonight)? I hope your Easter weekend is going well.

Mrs. M, how did the move go?

If Shawn isn't confrontational could you not say something to them? It's not right the way they are treating/speaking to you!! :grr:

I'm tired so just about to head off to bed if these BH's leave me alone :lol: x

Shawn would rather I didn't say anything. If they come to visit more often and continue to say things then I will say something. I wasn't overly friendly when the comments were made. I am pretty non confrontational too. We will have to see what happens.

I'm sorry you are having so many BH. I really hope they ease off so you can get some rest. :hugs: When is your scan on Tuesday?

I know what you mean. My hubby is the same, he's not very confrontational at all and hates conflict even if it's coming from me :lol: luckily I don't really care and say what I think :haha:

My scans at 12.30pm, think I'm going to go and see if I can speak to the MW about a HB too providing they're happy with that. I still want to get a sweep at 38 weeks but I think I am leaning more towards leaving induction x

Oh, I really hope you can get your home birth! That would be great :) I am crossing my fingers and toes for you.

I hope you get your home birth. I'd like one if we lived in a house, but being in a flat we have neighbours above and below us and I think I'd worry too much about what noise I'm making rather than just concentrating on what I'm doing.

Baby Daniel arrived just after 5 after a nightmare labour, ending in Csection. 9lb 3. Kelly said he was worth it all! He is beautiful!! Well done Kelly. Xx
https://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r232/daphnetiger/9B3C3C35-F3B9-4796-B154-F6F5750678B5-2693-0000022D2696410D.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->