Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with first tri fatigue? I thought I'd be starting to get over it by now. I'm just exhausted all the time and I'm struggling to get basic housework done like cooking a half decent meal or washing clothes. I've given up on ironing for now. DH has been great but he's away pretty much all of next week and then again at the weekend and I'm not sure how I'm going to cope.

I'd love to be able to take a short nap at work but there's nowhere to go.

No answers for you ickle i had dh do everything in my first tri i really struggled too. Nap after work and early nights are my suggestions as is dont do housework unless visitors are coming!

Don't stress about the house, so what if looks a little more lived in for a week till OH gets back. I sometimes used to hide in my room at work and lie down on the stretcher beds and although never slept just shutting my eyes seemed to help. Oh, and I used to get some takeaways but not sure what you are doing diet wise in that reagrd.

I agree with merri pink, don't do housework unless visitors are coming. If you can't nap during the day have a little one when you get in from work and make sure you go to bed early too, it will pass eventually :hugs: x

The house is a tip. I haven't hoovered in a couple of weeks but I'm still struggling with the essentials like washing dishes and clothes. . I think I'll get a few ready meals and have a couple of takeaways while he's away. Diet has gone completly out the window. I'm not able to look at raw meat and chopping veg is too much work lol! I'm trying to split the jobs into little bits I can do in the evening. I did put on some washing when I left the house this morning, so hopefully I remember to hang it up and put on the next load when I get home.

I do go to the loo and close my eyes for a few mins. Maybe I should do that a bit more often. Our building is all glass and overlooks the carpark so I'd feel a bit self conscious going for a sleep there.

Well so far so good on the tiredness side. I thought I'd be good and have fruit rather than junk to stop me having sugar highs and lows but I threw up the 2 apples I ate about an hour apart. I'm not sure why I can tolerate fatty junk food better than fruit lol!

How's everyone doing?

I'm predicting boy for you then Ickle!! With Edie I craved apples and healthy food, naughty little Louis made me eat rubbish!
I don't have any tips conquering the fatigue other than what the others said.

I can't compare with regards a girl but I ate rubbish too! I know how you feel about the house though it has taken me until now really to stop stressing so much about how the house looks and doing bits at a time sounds like a good plan.

I craved apples the whole way through. I ate at least one a day, every single day., I also wanted salads and I usually hate salads. But, I also had to have chocolate every day. :haha:

Sorry I can't help with the fatigue. Other then resting when you can and forgetting the housework, I'm not sure what else you can do. It will get better, though. :hugs:

Thanks everyone. DH has done a few bits and pieces before he went out tonight so that's helped. I didn't have any fizzy juice today I just had cordial instead so I think that's helped too.

I've got a page in my spreadsheet ready for gender guesses :) I have no gut feeling either way, but I'll have a guess when I see the next scan.

going by this thread im guessing boy ickle!! I craved salty foods early on with mine, then lately chocolate so easter fell at the right time! Apples made me feel icky bananas are my total saviour. I dilute fresh juices 50/50 which is less acidic and easier to stomach, havent fancied an apple in ages, we have three going mouldy in our fruit bowl! I love avocardos too! deff avoid junk food and sweeties as these are just empty calories of no use to you or babs.

afm I had a horrid thing today, early on in pregnancy i had belly button pain it comes and goes but i havent had it for months. Today i had it for over an hour, and it hurts so much i takes breath away and almost makes me cry. it is strething im sure but it feels like the baby is pulling and twisting my belly button inwards it's sooo tender to touch even my clothes hurt to touch. Eventually it sort of poped and then it felt ok again? :/

Hope everyone is chipper today xxxx

Oh that doesn't sound fun merri. My cravings keep changing. I have a Lindt Easter egg that I haven't touched yet but I am a bit obsessed with the giant strawberries you get set pick n mix lol!

lol ickle, i cleaned out my car today and was suprised how many bags of salt and vinegar crips and haribo there were!!

Lol! I'm impressed with myself, I took down the dry washing, hung up the wet washing, put another load in and stripped the bed while my tea was cooking. The clean sheets aren't ironed but they don't stink lol! Next job is sorting which of my clean clothes actually fit me - I'm not ironing anything that doesn't fit. I'm going to close the living room curtains and do it in front of the telly :)

Pretty impressive for a tired preggo lady!! I never iron anything especially bedding!

That's my limit for today, just waiting for DH to come home so we can get the duvet cover on and then I'm off to bed. Feeling much better now that I've got a few bits and pieces done.

We got a leaflet through the door for a maid service. I'd totally go for that but it's £8.50 an hour!

Merri, I had pain like that too. It scared me enough for a trip to the hospital. The Dr said it was round ligament pain.

I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Ickle, you got so much done! Enjoy your evening.

Baby Daniel arrived just after 5 after a nightmare labour, ending in Csection. 9lb 3. Kelly said he was worth it all! He is beautiful!! Well done Kelly. Xx
https://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r232/daphnetiger/9B3C3C35-F3B9-4796-B154-F6F5750678B5-2693-0000022D2696410D.jpg

Working on reading through...

Congratulations Kelly he is gorgeous! :hugs::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back