Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Louis is such a cutie!! I can't get any pic of B smiling as as soon as I put the camera on him he becomes all serious lol! Hope you get sorted soon, maybe just put things in cupboards roughly to were you want them to get rid of the boxes then reorganise later. Its great to see them doing those things like grabbing their toys!

ts - I think its only natural to worry. B had a bit of a cold at 10 weeks and with his eczema I was getting worried he has asthma (as I do). When do you get checked over again? I am not sure nasal aspirators are much used over here. Glad he is sleeping longer hopefully soon his waking time will reduce a bit. Can Shawn take him away during those times so you can get a bit more sleep?

afm -got my hair cut this afternoon it was desperately needing it as I haven't been for more than a year. I kept putting it off not knowing how B would be whilst I was there. Lets hope he isn't too bad when I go to the dentist next week. We are going to a mummy and baby showing of finding nemo 3d next thursday so looking forward to that.

Just wondering when people first took their LO's swimming?

It seems i missed a few posts when i wrote earlier.

Mrs mig: Louis is soooooo cute !!!!
Moving house is really exhausting! When you're done packing you have to do it all over again, the other way round!

Thanks ickle for updating on dani and aimee. It seems she is getting getting stronger despite the infection. Go on little fighter! Hugs to both of you.

Thanks Pink :flow:

His next check up is on the 16th. I have spoken to the dr about his stuffiness and the dr suggested the saline drops. He seems a little better this morning. Hopefully it will get better soon.

Shawn does get up to help me, a lot!!, but he goes back to work on Monday and I have to make sure he gets lots of sleep then. Last night he changed his diaper and snuggled him to sleep and I got a little extra sleep. I hope that Finn is able to get back to sleep faster from now on. It will make a world of difference if we can only be up for 30 minutes rather than an hour and 30!

I really hope B doesn't have asthma! Lots of no asthma vibes coming his way!

Hi everyone :flower: I hope you are all having a good day!

Oh! One quick question. What temp does it have to be outside so we can take Finn for a walk outside in his stroller? If we bundle him up nice and warm? I am worried about his little face getting cold. Today is beautiful and sunny (before the storm coming tonight :growlmad:) and 6 degrees. I would love to take him for a short walk, about 20 minutes. What do you think?

Mindy I have taken Louis out in all weathers. I had no car and had to get Edie to Playgroup. I just dressed him warm, snowsuit and hat on, 2 blankets on the pram and he was fine. In Sweden people leave their babies outside to nap apparently! In the snow!
Pink I think I first took Edie swimming at 4 months. I used to take her to weekly Aquababes lessons. We loved it.

Merri, sorry I didn't see you had posted about the Sweden thing as well!

Yep I went out in all weathers from when he was born. I think he liked being so snuggle warm in his pram! Getting some sunlight/daylight also is supposed to help them start to regulate day/night patterns.

Haha we read the same articles ladies!!
Same advice from me Mindy. Ds1 was born in february, took himm outside the first time when he was 15 days old in the snow. As long as he is well wrapped up it's ok. Sure he'll love it.

Thanks ladies :)

I can't imagine letting Finn sleep outside! That is completely crazy to me. I have relaxed A LOT with my craziness but I still have to have him where I can see/hear him when he is napping.

I don't have anything that is like a pram. I have a "travel system" that has the carseat attaching to the stroller so there is no where that he can actually lay down. He will have to be sitting up, bundled up in his carseat. When my carrier comes and we are both comfortable with it I will walk with him in that and Shawn will take the dogs.

We didn't get to walk today. Finn is having a sleepy day and I didn't want to disturb him. He is eating every 1-2 hours during the day again. I wonder if he is sleeping more today because of the stuffy nose? It has been stuffy for a while now but it is worse since yesterday. I also wonder if he is going through a bit of a growth spurt again. It is pretty good, though, because he will eat a lot during the day and sleeps well at night.

Thanks again for your help ladies. Next non rainy/snowy day I will bundle him up and take him for a walk :)

Ummi - I'm pretty strongly for vaccinations, I know it's a highly emotional topic though. To me it's simply a case of the diseases that it helps prevent outweigh the risks/side effects of the jabs. Not only that they help protect children that aren't old enough to be immunised yet.

There is so much information out there (especially on the net) that is both for and again, and unfortunately I think a lot of it isn't based proper science.

This website is a for vaccinations so it kinda disproves some of the arguments that people have against vaccinations. Even if you don't believe in what it's saying it's easy to see how people can twist information to make it suit their arguments. https://antiantivax.flurf.net/

Baby is perfect. Measuring 12w4 and now everyone knows :). So happy I keep tearing up. Pic isn't the best as baby was jumping about like crazy :)

Yay!!!! I thought you might be a bit further ahead. I'm so thrilled for you!!!

Woo hoo yay for being able to tell the world! so glad you had a great scan. So happy for you to be able tp share this with everyone now.

It said "After over 5 years of trying, one very sad loss and a lot of tears, I'm over the moon to be able to announce that our baby is finally on the way, due in October".

I've been overwhelmed with all the lovely messages, phone calls etc that we've had today. My poor Dad couldn't text me back straight away because he had tears running down his face and they've known as long as we have lol!

Omg!! It's lovelyyyyyy!!!! Wish you the best with lil bean, lots of dirty nappies!! ;-)

So busy these days! It's so nice getting the house sorted. We are getting through the boxes and bin bags slowly but surely. It's so hard with Edie and Louis to get stuff like that done. I love this house though, I've got so much cupboard space, ideal for hoarding all my crap that had no place to hide in the old place :haha:
Put a pic on Facebook of Louis in his owl hat that lovely Mindy made. I'll post it here if anyone didnt see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->