Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Hi ladies!

Pink: the weather is not helping at all. We all get runny noses and it surely is not nice for little ones like Ben.

Ickle: add some orange juice as well. It hasn't got any iron in it, but helps absorbing the iron in other foods you take. Lentils are a great alternative too. Ds2 was slightly anemic when he was 15 months old, he did not need any supplement, but the doc advised on adding more iron packed food on his diet.

I'm surprised they don't automatically check your iron levels? It's standard over here with your first blood test

I had low iron stores with Max and I was extremely tired! My iron was also low a couple of months ago when I had it checked - I started taking iron tablets up until my MS started getting really bad. I'm just waiting to hear back about my blood test results to see if I need to go back on them or not.

what's pale mucous membranes by the way?

Maybe they did check it Ginny, I just haven't been back since then. Is it part if a full blood count?

Mucous membranes are the tissues that excrete something so the inside if your eyelid, your gums etc. They go pale when you're anaemic. I remembered this from doing animal care at college lol!

I never knew that Ickle!

I know it's ferritin levels that indicate your iron store levels, not sure if they look at it during a full blood count? I think you can have normal red levels cells, so technically your not anemic but have low iron stores - which will make you tired. Always worth asking about it at your next visit :)

It was my ferratin levels that were low when they said I was anaemic so I guess they do check for them in the bloods x

It's not a conclusive sign but its a good indicator, especially with other symptoms.

Usually with FBC they would check Fe levels. I was using spatone, iron rich water (taste like watery blood yuck - used to add it to OJ as like you said helps absorption) as my Fe levels were a bit low towards the end. I was a bit sceptical about it but it worked for me as they were back up to normal by the CS.

What Ginny says is true too.

Thanks for that pink. Can you get the iron rich water anywhere?

ETA - I googled it :) Going to get some tomorrow and see if it does the trick.

Ickle I used spa tone and had no problems with my iron levels until the last few weeks if pregnancy. Mixing it with fresh orange helps the absorption also steal clear of and caffeinated products before or after you take it as this stops the absorption. Guinness also helps but I don't have any until later on. You can get low alcohol version now. I know many abstain from alcohol though in pregnancy. I had a can a week mixed with lemonade it also boosts prolactin level apparently.

Hi all bit sleep deprived this morning so can't remember much.

Isla had her first jabs yesterday as well as her 8 week check. Check went well everything is normal. I have a very strong little girl. Jabs nicked her she was twisty all day and night despite infant paracetamol. Seems better this morning. Here's a pic for those not on Facebook.

Isla Jessica 9 weeks yesterday. Nearly fills the Moses basket but is lost in her cot as it is a cotbed. X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
debz shes stunning xxxxx
ladies Daniel has a really sore bit where his leg crease is near his winkle im using sudacream is this the best thing or is there out else as its mega sore?

We use burt's bees baby bee diaper ointment. It works wonders on Finn's bum. It smells so good, too. Only problem is that the lavender oil separated so you have to try to squish the tube a bunch to mix it back in. A tiny little bit goes very far. I hope Daniel feels better soon.

Isla is beautiful. <3

Sorry I'm not on much, no sleep at all here with Finn's cold. He seemed to breath even worse last night. I am so very tired.

Hope you are all well :flow:

Kelly as he gets chubbier you will have to keep an eye on all his creases. I bath Isla on a night and then talk them so I know they are dry I top n tail on a morning and do the same. I also use burts bees you can get it in boots over here and sudocream. Also nappy off time is excellent.

Mindy hope the cold clears up soon. Xxx

Debzie: Isla is really gorgeous! And her name suits her so well!

Ts: sorry for no sleep. Hope Finn is getting better soon. How do you clean his nose with the saline drops? When my babies had a cold i used to wash their nose with it. Tilt their head on the side, empty 1/2 a 5ml bottle of the solution in the nostril, same in the other nostril. Takes everything out. Baby won't like it, will settle down quickly when he can breathe better.

Kelly: if he is really I'd advise to leave him bare bum for a while (just a bath towel on top so he doesn't wee everywhere and repeat that quite often during the day. And use sudocreme when you put the nappy back on. You can also try "bum bath" in salted tepid water and then dry him well. That should do the trick.

Thanks Ummi. :) I have just been putting a drop in each nostril before each feeding, as per Dr directions. Then I use the bulb syringe if things sound bubbly. Usually nothing comes out because most of his problem is post nasal drop :( the saline does help to open his sinuses, though.

Hi all trying to remember everyone!
Pink glad film night was fun what well behaved babies :)
Debz, beautiful lilttle Isla just lush
Kelly maybe Weleda Calendula cream- natural organic goodness use after bathing make sure he's dry like others say air is good.
Ickle Spa Tone is what the recomend for iron levels its fast acting unlike tablets, mix with orange juice, everyone i know is on it during pregnancy! If you feel that tiered im sure it will help to boost iron levels. Tieredness will pass in 2nd tri woowhooo!
Ts hope Daniel is feeling less snotty have tou tries a drop or two eucalyptus in a bowl of hot water and placed under his bed at night may help?

Afm Just been sorting baby clothes again, getting them organised into 0-3months jumpsuits, body vests, tops, bottoms, outdoor wear! I had a little embarrassing thing happen too-i was sat on a bean bag so bladder was a bit squashed and i think i peed myself without even realising!! Oh the joys!!!:wacko:

We use sudocream or Lucas Papaw Ointment on Max :)

Isla is beautiful!

Do you ladies think it is ok to take Finn for a walk outside today with his cold? It is sunny and about 5 degrees. We will bundle him up good. I was thinking I would take him in his carrier.

Is this a good idea? Get him some fresh air? The walk will be 20-25 minutes.

I think fresh air will be good for him make sure he is cosy. I always breath better if im out side with my colds xxx

We just used sudocreme with the kids Kelly but nappy off time also helps :thumbup:

How's everyone else doing? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->