Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Mmm: sure Noah will put all that weight back on. Try not to focus too much on that though.
How are you doing?

Merri: sorry for your sis, hope she gets better soon. I find butterfly totally ok for a baby boy. I'm sure whatever you choose will look gorgeous.

Pink: I was about to suggest the same thing, try and check for some last minute flights.

How's everyone else?

I'm fine Ummi, a little tired but fine :) Finally got my painkillers too so I managed to sleep a little better last night! X

Sorry to hear about your sister Merri. I really hope she makes a full recovery and it doesn't affect her work in the long term.
Ickle, I don't blame you for not committing to the show. Louis is almost 4 months and no way would I be able to have that sort of night out just yet.
Pink, I really hope Ben is better soon. It's so tough when they are poorly and you feel so helpless.
MissMm it sounds like Noah is doing great, sure he will pile that weight on soon enough. Edie dropped quite a bit in her first week, you can't help but stress a bit about it can you?
Kelly, Hope, how are you both?
Re butterflies if you like it, do it. He will probably be out of the cot at 2, and the Spider-Man / Thomas / Ben 10 or whatever things won't have become that much of an interest by then! Poor Louis is surrounded by Peppa Pig, Hello Kitty and Disney Princesses at the moment. He also has often been seen with a pink muslin draped over him, and Edie has 3 plastic pelican bibs which I am not going to bin just because they happen to be pink. Bless him :blush:
Afm, had a couple of slightly better nights and feeling a bit more human. I imagine I will get him settled again and it will be time for his 3rd set of jabs and we will be back to square 1 again.
In other news, I am cutting down Edie's naps to just a couple a week as she was using nap time as an opportunity to poo in her pull ups rather than the toilet, and also because she is going to be doing 3 full days at Playgroup in September so I need to get her used to it. It is working, she seems to have got to grips with pooing in the toilet, and we made it to a Thursday afternoon stay and play group that we haven't been able to go to for almost 2 years because of her naps. She enjoyed it and it was great for Louis as well.

Merri - sorry to hear about your sister, that must be very scarey! I wouldn't worry about boy/girl themes - babies don't care :) I'd be careful about sticking on butterflies though in case when bubs is a bit better they pull them off.

MMM - happy 1 week Noah :)

AFM - I put a long entry in my journal, but basically I managed to get a scan today :) Measuring 11+1 and looking good :)

Great news Ginny. Glad you didn't have to wait 2 weeks for one, especially with 11w5 being one of your milestones to pass.

yeah it would have been nice if bubs had measured 11+6 today, but would I have been a bit freaked out by the growth spurt too haha

Next Thursday I think is my last weekly scan with the RMC as you "graduate" at 12 weeks, luckily i also have my first midwife appointment so at least i'll know what's the plan going forward.

Lol! I was a bit worried when I was out a whole week ahead on my LMP dates mostly because it means that they could be pushing to induce me when I'm only a week overdue. I'm happier with a couple of days ahead.

Forgot to say the test drive went well last night so we're buying the car. Spent so long shopping around for insurance and sorting the money out that I forgot I'd have to empty my own car. So I was out at 9.30pm throwing away sweet wrappers and wrestling with a golf umbrella lol.

DH is going to start the painting tomorrow afternoon after training so I'll spend the morning cleaning skirting boards etc. I'm loving how we're getting our fingers out and getting all these things done that we've been putting off for ages.

That's great news Ginny!!

Mrs M that sounds like a good plan. Hopefully it doesn't upset Edie too much x

Thanks ladies re my sister she had lots of blood samples taken yesterday so some results will be in on monday. As for butterflies im going to do it like you say ginny,mrsm, he/she will be too small to understand its girly! I will secure them really well with a lick of varnish or something.

Mrsm it sounds like a good plan for eddie and it will be good for both of them to get out and about meeting other kiddies. Hope your house is all up together now xx

Ginny woop woop for the scan so happy for you, when you 'graduate' will you still be under consultant led care?

Ickle glad you got a car sorted, it will make a real difference having more space to play with, my car is pretty sad a berlingo, but its so useful! Lol

Heres a sideways bump shot 24wks now! :happydance:

Attachments

• 20130425191652596.jpg
    20130425191652596.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 2
Love;y bump Merri!

Not quite sure what consultant led care is. Usually in the public system over here you see an obstetrician at around 14 weeks and 26 weeks then 41 weeks if you need it. All the other appointments are with midwives.

So my appointment next week is the usual first one except I'm seeing a high risk obstetrician and he'll decide how often I need to see him, I'm assuming it's going to be more frequent. I also have to see a physician at the hospital every 4 weeks that will make sure my blood pressure meds dose is going OK. I think it's a combination of my blood pressure (even though it's only mildly high) and the miscarriages that put me at the high risk status. My BP today was 140/90 which isn't great considering that I'm already on meds, but I get very stressed at the appointments so going to start monitoring it at home.

The hospital is an hour away if there's no traffic, but it's the best one in the state, so worth it. Plus I'm lucky that the majority of my appoints are on a Thursday which is when M is in daycare.

Beautiful bump Merri!

Ginny I think your OB is the same as our consultants :)

Noah is 1 week today! How did that happen?! X

Really sorry I haven't been around to give support, but I have tried to keep up with the reading. The hyperemesis is still hitting me for six, leaving me too tired most days to do much more than read.

It's been an eventful few weeks for me though, not all good. I had a small bleed at 10 weeks, followed by a scan the same day showing Twiglet was growing well. Saw the midwife last week (11+3) and stupid me asked her to listen in, only she couldn't find the hb, which has freaked me out no end. Keep telling myself that I wasn't anywhere nearly as sick as I do now with my losses, but it doesn't help that my "dating" scan isn't until Monday when I'll be 13+1. I thought that I'd stop freaking once I saw a hb, but am still having wobbles most days and rather than looking forward to the scan, I'm dreading it.

Aw hang in there firefly, 11wks is still early to find hb easily my midwife said they wouldnt even try until 16wks! Im sure everything will be ok its only natural after a previous loss to be scared. Deep breaths until monday :hugs:

I agree with Merri hun try not to worry it's really hard to find the HB before 16 weeks :hugs: Great to see you again x

Firefly I had a go with the Doppler tonight and struggled to find the HB and I'm nearly 15 weeks. I'm not 100% sure it was the HB I heard. Try not to panic. Easier said than done though.

I didn't get anything on the Doppler until 13 weeks and that was very hit and miss. Pre scan wobbles are hideous and the nerves from them can mask your symptoms. A drop in symptoms is also normal as the corpus luteum breaks down. You are totally justified in feeling scared though. Keep us posted, though I'm sure all is well.

How is everyone today?

We've had our first day out as a family of 5 and it's been lovely :cloud9: x

hey girls. not been in here in so long!

congratulations to any little bundles that have arrived and i've missed. MMM i see you had your little blue bundle. Congratulations :) :flower: I hope everyone is well and those little babies are also great :)

firefly. just hold on in there - i hope everything is fine which i'm sure it is.

Can't believe how quick this year is going already .Xavier is already 5 months and i think it's fair to say that Pixie is well on her way to being totally potty trained :)

Great to see you Pichi, so glad your all doing well. How on Earth is Xavier 5 months?! :wacko: X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->