Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

my thanks button doesn't work, thanks ickle I failed at bf just using formula now im deeply disappointed with myself but it just became to much I just could never get him full he drinks between 7 and 8 ounces every feed and couldn't keep up with him

Sorry I didn't realise. You haven't failed, you're still feeding your baby and he's happy and healthy and that's all that matters. I'm not sure about giving water if you're FF. There is a formula feeding forum though if you want advice. I'd think that he was getting everything he needs from the formula though since its designed to replace BM.

yeah recon so too thanks ickle don't be sorry thanks for the advice xxx how are you ��

I'm good. Being putting clothes and bedding into vac bags to make space in the spare room tonight. Hoping to Hoover the room as much as poss tomorrow night. There's two chests of drawers so I won't be able to do behind them but every little helps.

You definitely haven't failed at all :hugs: Daniel is getting everything he needs from you. <3 You already did more than I would have been able to do. There is no way I could pump like you did. :hugs:

I'm no expert on formula Kelly but I know the reason why it's so important to mix it exactly as they say is so baby is getting exactly the right quantities of everything including water. He doesn't need extra water.
As for his willy I would take him to the docs. You aren't being over cautious, he is only little and they won't think badly of you.
I have had a very crabby boy today. Awake since 5.30 am and hardly any naps he was exhausted by the end of the day. My little winter baby doesn't like the sun either.

Kelly: you didn't fail! You succeeded bf'ing *that many* days! It's all good for Daniel.
I bfed ds1 for 2 weeks and then bottlefed him. Babies don't need extra water (to second mrs mig, hence the importance of putting the right amount of water when mixing). They would only need extra water in extreme hot weather. Ds1 was born the year of the extreme heat wave we had in france (2003). He was 4-5 months old and only then I gave him extra water, the temperature was somewhere between 40-45C and the bottle was helpful to drizzle water on him. (I remember dreaming of some rain coming down!!). If you notice it's a bit warm, take off one layer of clothes. If you fill his tummy with water for no reason, he'll be full up and won't be hungry and will miss out on the nutrients in the milk.

Ickle: I like what you said. A good way to get someone off your back!! Lol!

Kelly - I switched M to formula at around 8-10 weeks, please don't feel bad or guilty about it. It's just the way it worked out - trust me there are a million things I would like do for M but it doesn't always work out. Before M was born I said he was not going to watch TV until he was at least 3 and even then only educational programs - lol Fireman Sam has been my saviour during this bought of morning sickness.

As for the water, I was told the exact thing Ummi said. Babies only need additional water if it's extreme heat. It can cause a whole heap of problems if they are given water before 6 months.

I never gave M water in a bottle, only in a sippy cup, so he would have been around 7 months at least before he started using a sippy cup, and probably close to a year before he started regularly drinking it, but by then he was eating lots of solids and had cut back on his milk a lot.

oh and if you're concerned about his willy, like MrsM said, take him to the drs - they will have seen every type of mother with every type of problems before :)

M rarely got nappy rash, but once or twice his willy had gotten "stuck" to his nappy, and it's been red when I've changed him - maybe something like that has happened to D? I've just put extra ointment on until it's cleared up :)

thanks ladies don't get me wrong oh mum is lovely but just interfers all the time and bosses me around wish I wasn't such a doormat!!!!!!
miggins Daniel doesn't like the sun either and doesn't seem to open his eyes outside, he was crabby too and I put it down to the heat he was hard work yesterday screaming on and off all day. When will Daniel have his first vaccines?

I think most mums are like that :) Must be hard sometimes for them being told that all the things they use to do (and obviously turned out OK) are now wrong and old fashioned. I know my mum got a shock when I told her that a lot of her ideas were no good and she's a nurse!

In Australia, besides whatever is given at birth the first vaccines are at 2 months

I got my downs screening results back today, it was low risk which is nice to have. One less thing I have to think about :)

Also let myself look up a couple of prams online. I felt a bit cheeky for doing it since I told myself I wasn't going to look at anything until 20 weeks, but couldn't help myself. I'm really liking the Bugaboo Bee. DS will be almost 3, but he never uses his pram anymore as it is, so I don't think it's worth getting a double. I think I might try and get the skateboard attachment thingy, not sure if he'll behave enough to stay on it though! At the moment for walks we use a smart trike and for shopping centers we use trollies.

Ginny Edie was 3 about 6 or 7 weeks before Louis was born and I have never needed a buggy board or double buggy, she just walks everywhere. Having said that most of her same age friends do use buggy boards but Edie likes to walk. I got her out of the habit of going in the buggy while I was pregnant and she has done really well. That's great news about the downs screening.
Kelly you should get a letter calling you for the jabs, he should have them at 8, 12 and 16 weeks. Louis hasn't had his 3rd set yet though.

Max likes to walk and when we walk like in a park he's fine and in our estate I'm OK with him because it's so quite with hardly any cars etc.

But in shopping centers, supermarkets etc he just runs away from me and either just keeps running or takes things off the shelves etc. Hopefully he'll be a bit better in 6 months

kelly, the only time to give extra water is when Daniel may be suffering from constipation. Xavier has problems pooping so he has 2oz of water a day to help with it. There is nothing wrong with giving water as long as it isn't substituting for milk consumption :)

Ginny, sneaky peaking at prams is fine hehe. The pram is the fun part ;) the bee is supposed to be very light :)

how is everyone this morn? Babies are still sleeping in this house....

Love the PMA Ginny. There's nothing wrong with getting excited :)

Kelly my mum was a bit disappointed when I told her that the bedding she made for the crib we have isn't suitable anymore. It had a little quilt and that's not recommended anymore. It was made 40years ago though lol! She does think its great all the info we get these days. She just had my granny to advise her who wasn't great about that sort of thing.

It's always easier with your own family though, I'm so glad I don't really have a MIL when I hear what some women go through with theirs.

ginny -great news about your downs risk. I loved the bugaboo bee when I was pram shopping.

kelly - I agree with what all the other ladies have said, well done for bf/expressing as much as you did that is an achievement NOT a failure. I have given B some water last week when he was ill as his poo was very thick and I think he was a bit dehydrated but he was 5 months and it was only an ounce. My mum and in laws were that same about water too, especially when he had hiccups, they kept on at me to give his some water then. I just told them its not necessary anymore and he wasn't suffering with his hiccups.

Hi everyone.

afm - back home monday night, yesterday was fine getting back into our normal routine but last night was a disaster. He did the same the second night at my dads so hopefully tonight he'll go back to his usual wake ups. I want to start putting him in his own room so might start putting him in their for his naps but I don't want to have to keep getting up into another room if he regularly has night like he did last night.

Hi ladies.

Kelly I agree you only give water to babies in extreme heat and if they are showing signs of dehydration ie dark wee and of their soft spot looks sunken in. In their day you would have to with formula. As for his bits go to the drs he could have thrush hugs Hun hope you are well.

Ickle yeah for sorting the spare room exciting times.

Ginny I loves all the growing for baby stuff.

Mrsmigg Isla I'd rage self same thing yesterday got up with the larks then was twisty all day. She now has a gear rash on her tummy too.

Pink hope b settles into a night time routine again. Soon!

Sorry If I have forgot anyone.

Afm Isla took the heat badly and it was not that warm here. She confines to have good night bad night last night was not too bad went to bed at 7.45 woke for feeds at 12.30, 4.30 then 6.20. I bought some blackout blinds and put them up last night. Bedroom is not pitch black but much improved. I went to bed early too so feeling more human today. Just put her down for her morning nap in her cot for the first time.....fingers crossed after 30 mins protest she is asleep. Think ths may be the way forward for her. She's falling into her own routine on a morning but on an afternoon its still ad hoc with feeds and naps. She still dies not like being out of my sight or playing alone and has developed one hell of a temper.

Hope everyone is well. Here's a pic from this morning Isla is getting so big this sleepsuit is 3-6 months.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3
I bought blackout sheet for our room too as I think being a winter baby was used to going to sleep in teh dark so struggles (if home anyway) to fall asleep if it is light. I hope the blinds help little Isla

I agree with Pink Kelly, what you have done is an achievement not a failure hun! :hugs: I've heard expressing is a lot harder than BFing so you've done amazingly well, well done!!

Pichi, lucky you :lol: does Pixie and Xavier sleep well normally?

Ginny there's no harm in looking at the prams :) it's great PMA! Caitlin was 2 years 3 months when I had Thomas and I got a buggy board but if I am honest I used it a handful of times and that was it as she preferred to walk holding the pram.

Pink hope you get Benjamin back into his routine soon :hugs:

Debz poor Isla! Noah wasn't fussed with the heat really. She is gorgeous Debz :) She obviously gets her temper from her mother :winkwink: :lol:

AFM: Today is Noah's official hospital due date (yesterday was my date) as if he's nearly 3 weeks old :wacko: Noah tends to sleep pretty well in the night waking around 2/3 for a feed and 6/7. I took this photo of Noah this morning, he is changing so much already I think!

https://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy269/MissMummyMoo/FB_IMG_13679990459317984_zpsd5f29b7f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->