Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

he's gorg! so tiny! heeh

yeah, they're both good sleepers MMM. bed at 7/7:30pm and up at 8am :thumbup:

Beautiful babies Debz and Mmm!
Ginny im loving the pma i dont see any harm in looking at stuff now. I didnt buy anything until about 20wks because i wanted to be certain, but people have been giving mre stuff since 14wks!
Pichi you have good kiddos there lucky lady;)
Pink welcome back sorry ben had some bad nights i agree with the black out blinds i bet they help winter babies sleep.
Kelly you have done brilliantly so dont kick yourself about it, bf is hard.

Afm i started painting my cot its just white and then im fixing butterflies onto the head and tail boards im glad i started early because its taken me ages to strip old paint off of it and prime it! Mum and dad are buying the matress for us, we struggled to find the right size because its over 20years old its a little narrower than todays sizes.
I brought my fabric yesterday to make my sling it cost a bit in the end but for 25 quid i can get 3 out of it so i might give one to the next friend who has baby and keep two. Exciting :)

Merri how did you strip the cot? We've got 2 pine chest of drawers that aren't matching, so my plan is to strip them and paint them the same colour and put new handles on, so they look more alike. Think I'll need to get started soon.

Wow I'm jelous Pichi :haha: It's great when they sleep well though!!

I bet it's going to be lovely Merri are you going to post a piccie on here?

Ickle when's your 20 week scan? Will you be finding out the flavour? x

Ickle my cot had been painted previously so firstly i sanded it by hand which got tidious so i used a wall paper scraper to remove all loose paint then got out the electric hand held sander and buzzed it all over, fiddly mind! I have primed it now ready to top coat later. Mmm i will put up a pic when i get it finished!
Ickle not long until 20wks! Have you used doppler yet? Think i got hb at 16wks low down in pelvis xx

20 week scan is on the 5th of June so 4 weeks to go :) DH wants to find out but I want to wait. I don't think they tell us in this area at the 20 week scan anyway, I think we'd need to get a private scan for that.

I hope these next 4 weeks fly by for you! Oh really? I guess there's no harm in asking when you go :winkwink: x

Lovely pic mmm.

Pichi you are so lucky with them both sleeping through.

Merri sounds fab can't wait to see pics.

Ickle I forgot to say earlier I have a throw on Islas cot at the moment that was mine and its just fir show she sleeps on top of it in her sleeping bag. Perhaps that is one way you can still use yours? Unless you are going for bedding.

Well Isla slept for 40 mins this morning in her cot. We have been to twinkle time ( sensory light play session for babies) and I have again just put her in her cot and she's asleep. Here's hoping that I can establish some routine so I don't have a crabby sloppy tired baby. I have a,so booked in her next set of jabs Friday.....dreading this set as its the one that Emily was really poorly with.

Aw well done Isla, did she settle ok Debz? What's on at SS tomorrow? I may come once I've dropped Thomas off at nursery? How long are the sessions? x

That's a good idea. The crib would look a bit bare otherwise when baby's not in it.

She's still asleep 1 hour 30 mins and counting eek have got all sorts done as well as time on here.

Mmm we have mother and baby play session at the earth centre up the Main Street. You can park at the rear whine the factory shop. It's on 10-11.45 but trn up and leave when you want. You could also get Noah weighed.

hi ladies ive decieded to set up a parenting journal can anyone in very simple terms explain how I do this xxx

I've just read back and my mind has gone blank!
Gorgeous photos of Isla and Noah. Noah reminds me a bit of Louis when he was newborn and had delicate little features, he is all chunky now though!
Lots of admiration Merri and Ickle for all the creativity, stripping cots and furniture and making things. I wish I A - could do stuff like that, and B - could be arsed. By the end of the day when I get my two to bed I either go for a run or collapse on the sofa and watch Corrie.
My days seem so busy since I started cutting out Edie's naps. I'm getting exhausted myself so I may give the play session we go to on a Thursday afternoon a miss tomorrow and let her nap, and have a bit of a rest myself. I will still have Louis to entertain - he does not nap in his crib, but if I time it right I may be able to get him to nap on me. Then I will chuck a blanket over us and have a kip on the sofa.
He had a much better night last night, for the first time in as long as I can remember he slept from 6-6 with just one wake up. He may have slept longer in the morning but he had a dirty nappy. I'm not sure if his tummy had been bothering him the day before and that's why he was cranky because an hour later when I was getting ready to take E to Playgroup he had a total nappy explosion that resulted in an entire outfit change and Edie being late to Playgroup. I think it might have been the sun, I often get a but of an upset tummy (tmi) if I've been in the sun all day. However he has been back to his usual sunny self again today, napping well in car seat and buggy while we were out and about and feeding a lot better too. I am wondering if the altered mood is to do with the fact he is coming to the end of the fourth leap in the "wonder weeks". He almost rolled over today, he has just started to pick toys up and look at them with interest, particularly his Lamaze "Freddie Firefly", and has been vocalising a lot. Lets see what tonight brings. I hope you all have good nights/days. It is midnight. Why am I not asleep? :dohh:

That's another thing I meant to say, Debzie is it the second set of jabs Isla is due? I feel for you, Edie and Louis were both awful with those.

I've woken up with RLP on my left side. Holy cow it's sore. Feels like I've done 500 sit ups but just on one side. Does RLP usually correspond to when baby is having a growth spurt?

It's DH's birthday today. He's away on a course in Edinburgh though until tomorrow. Really miss him when he's away at the moment and don't have many friends here to go out with to take my mind off it. Hoping to make some friends once I start ante-natal classes etc.

Wow mrsmigg well done Louis. Lets hope he settles into a routine now. Yes it's Islas second set of jabs Emily was really unwell with them. I'm dreading them but it needs to be done.

Ickle I can remember about 16 weeks I suddenly popped and looked very pregnant overnight with lists of twinges that's why I decided to make an appointment for a ginger scan as I couldn't wait until 20 weeks for another scan. Ouch.

Isla slept again in her cot at lunch time nap 12-2 but then started a screamathon at 5 when she was tired again and point blank refused to nap. I ended up putting her in the bath at 6 and she was in bed by 6.45 and zonked. Fed her at 12 then 3 then she woke at 5.30 so. Put her in with me and we slept in. Woke up at 7.45 to the sound of bins bring put out. Was a mad dash to get Emily ready. She's now her usual twisty self because I've put her down.

Bless her Debz, hope the wrap helps.

Mrs M, I found it so hard with Caitlin and Thomas as she was at home almost all day too! I cant believe Louis is over 4 months now it's mad!!

Kelly make sure to let us know when you've set your journal up!!

I'm just waiting for a guy dropping a laptop off for hubby then I need to take Thomas to nursery and I'm hoping to go meet Debz and take Noah to ge weighed, then I'm meeting my friend at Toby Carvery for lunch. Later this afternoon I'll be picking the kids up from school/nursery. I'm off tea making duties tonight as hubby is coming in from work early to make shepherds pie :D x

How's everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->