Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

thats what I am doing pichi, feed when he wakes up then puree about 45 minutes later.

no i've not introduced proteins yet Mrs Miggins. just trying to get him used to the basic fruit and veggies first then move on to lumpier and 'fuller' foods if that makes sense? I offer water with his pureés too as the porridge or cereal in particular is very stodgy :(

I can't offer any advice really, I'm sure you have done the Annabel Karmel stuff. All I would say is keep mixing it up. I started with single purées but I had batches of about 6 or 7 different things in the freezer and I would pop 3 or 4 different ones out a day and keep mixing different things together to keep it interesting. Then started to turn them into little meals.

yeah - it seems so long since i weaned Pixie haha! thank you for that :)

Hi ladies. Sorry it has been so long :(

Mrs. M., I hope Louis feels better very soon. Poor little guy :( Darn old needles.

You ladies seem to be having so much fun with weaning. I am excited to start but I don't want to wish my time away.

Ickle, our mattress is sprung. I didn't have the option for anything else around here.

I hope you are all doing well. :flow:

I have been using saline drops like crazy (before and after eating) and it really seems to be washing the boogers away. He slept better (calmer) so far tonight. Hoping for a few more hours now.

Have a great day :flower:

Glad it's helping Mindy. I know when I've got a blocked nose that once I get it unblocked, it then seems easier to keep it unblocked if that makes sense.

I'm the same as Mindy I can't wait to wean again but not wishing my time away, it's already going too fast :(

Glad the drops are starting to help Mindy :hugs:

As for us, Noah still has a really really sore bum :( I've got steroid cream for it and I'm use metanium in between the steroid cream changes. I've also changed to cloth wipes and water which will hopefully help too as I'm not sure if it may be the wipes? Caitlin and Thomas never had any problems with wipes so I don't really know. We're off to twinkle time with Debz and Isla today and have a few errands to run too x

Thanks ladies. His nose is nowhere near clear but it is much better than it was. He is able to breathe through it but it is still bubbly. :( A step in the right direction though.

I really hope Noah's bum clears up soon. Poor little guy :( Our friends' little girl had such a bad bum for a long time until they finally got a prescription that worked. She had open sores on her bum :( But she was a lot older than Noah at the time. Hopefully this new cream will work quickly.

Noah has a bungy nose too but thankfully it's not too bad. It's awful when there isn't much you can do to help them isn't it :(

Yeah Noah's is open sores too :( It's awful it's bleeding every time I change him. I ended up taking him to urgent care last night and they just gave me a prescription for more of the steroid cream I already have :grr: x

Poor little Noah, hope he gets better soon xx

I used Paw paw ointment with M, but he never had a bout of nappy rash as bad as your describing.

Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? I wonder if a change in diet/formula brand might help? Might change the acidity of his poo/wee. Just a thought

I've never heard of PawPaw. The doctor asked what I had been using and I told him metanium and he said 'Oh good! Keep using it in between the steroid cream changes as it's a really really good barrier cream'

He is formula fed, I was wondering about the formula too. I am going to ask my HV tomorrow and see what she says. I have changed to cotton wool and water too in case it was the wipes so I want to give it a few days to see first :thumbup: x

Ouch poor noah that sounds horrendous. Are you giving him plenty of nappy free time too? Could be the formular he may be a sensitive soul :(

He's having lots of nappy off time too :( Spoke to the HV today and she said that she doesn't think it's the formula. She sent me to the doctors and I got some new cream for him. If it hasn't cleared in a week I have to take him back AGAIN. Poor little man :( x

poor wee man :( hopefully plenty of nappy off time will help - maybe a bath would help too? i always found if Pixie had a sore bum i'd give her a bath then put cream on and it seemed to absorb better and by morning her bum was 50% better :)

Poor little guy :( Don't know if you can do this for a baby, but will a small soak in warm water with oatmeal help? I hope the new cream helps quickly.

Poor Noah and you. Not nice trying to sooth and heal a sore bottom but I hope the new creams help quickly. Everytime B's eczema seems better it is back again the next day and thats can't be anywhere near as sore as little noahs bum. Did the HV say why it might be happening?

Thank you all.

I've no idea Mindy, I might mention it to my HV.

Pink my HV doesn't know either but she said their skin is so sensitive when they're so little it could be anything from nappies to milk but I need to change one thin at a time so that we know what it is x

I always had exactly the same problem with Edie's bum. It would be red raw and like an open wound. I have had various creams for it, wipes have always been a no, as have cheap nappies (though we got on ok with lidl ones). Sudocrem was always too harsh. I had to stick to pampers, cotton wool and water, prescription cream and epaderm when it was bad, very mild nappy cream when it was ok (the Tesco one was good) and sometimes her poo would make it bad especially when she was teething. Poor Noah its horrible. Louis doesn't seem to suffer but Edie had it right up until she was out of nappies a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->