Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Hi everyone :)

We're sleepy but doing pretty good over here :)

How are you doing, Ickle?

Hey everyone!

We're not doing too bad. Bad night with Noah last night he was up every 2 hours from 11.30! I'm shattered today. Thought he might have slept well with ask the sea air yesterday but obviously not!

Anyone got any plans for today? X

I'm good Mindy. Feeling more movement today but I'm at work so I wonder if sitting up properly puts baby in a different position. I'm also wearing leggings where I was wearing dresses over the weekend so maybe that makes a difference.

MMM, sorry about the bad night with Noah. I hope tonight is better. Is there any way you can nap today?

Ickle, sitting in a different position could make your LO easier to feel for sure :) It's so nice when you can feel baby more and more :cloud9:

No plans today other than to try to get Finn some sleep. Unfortunately sleeping in bed with us isn't helping him sleep any more :( He woke at 2:30 to eat and then again at 5:45. Not too bad. Only problem is he spent most of that time thrashing around and smacking himself in the face :( So, I spend most if that time trying to calm him. He would calm and rest some and then I would drift off only to have him start it all over again a few minutes later. He wasn't really waking up, just restless. My poor boy.

I hope you are all having a good day. :flow:

poor wee man T_S. Poor Noah too. hope these little babies get better soon :flower: Ickle, this will sound strange but, to find baby on the doppler; lie on your bed with your legs off the edge and then look. i found it dispersed my squish haha :haha:

we're ok here. Xavier is moving on to 3 meals soon O__O! which means his 11pm dreamfeed will be dropped. I always get a bit scared dropping that feed because he's more likely to wake at a silly time in the morning then it throws the whole day out >__< we've nicknamed him Om nom now though as he just sits there and om noms the food haha

we went to the beach saturday and went to a country park on the sunday so pixie was knackered. Unfortunately her and her brother both have a touch of a summer cold u__u

I'll give that a go Pichi. I did notice that I got on better when I was lying nearly flat, so that makes sense. I really don't like lying completely flat, with no pillow, at the moment - it makes me feel panicky and I have to move. Weird!

Xavier is growing so fast!

I've been trying to get DH to start thinking of serious names but he hasn't suggested anything. Someone I know had her baby a few weeks early and they didn't have a name picked out and a week later, they're still deciding, so I at least want a short list!

I've been looking at cots again but I haven't made any decisions yet since the one I liked best is a drop sided one and fili told me that they've been banned in the US. I have found a bit on the Which website that explains that the US safety standards were lower than the British ones but I've now got that grain of doubt in my head. A drop sided one would be better with arthritis and being short but I don't want to compromise baby's safety. DH says just to go with whatever I'm happy with, so it's all up to me.

Thank you Pichi. I hope your kiddos feel better very soon. I can't believe Xavier is on 3 meals a day soon! Time is zipping by!

Ickle, you may not want to be on your back anymore until after Ickle Ickle comes. I hope you are able to get your DH to get a short list of names together soon. Drop side cribs are also banned in Canada. I'm not sure how our safety regulations compare.

Isn't that frustrating that DH says it's all up to you?? Shawn does that to me all the time. He thinks he's being accommodating, but all he is doing is making me angry. I have to tell him that I am asking his opinion because I want it!

My breakfast this morning... cheese and orange juice. Hopefully Finn settles and has a nap soon. He has to be exhausted. :nope:

babystyle cots are nice and sturdy :) the higher mattress setting seems a good deal higher than the toys r us one we had for pixie.

I think you're right Mindy. It just feels wrong. They tell you to sleep on your sides anyway so that's good.

I'm going to steal that line about asking for his opinion because I want it. Design stuff is one thing but the baby's name and its safety are different.

I'm going to get Kev to put whatever cot we end up getting together since he'll be able to tighten it more than me.

I just had a look at the babystyle cot beds, they're lovely but a good bit dearer than the East Coast ones.

Hi all sorry those boys are still poorly and restless one day soon they will go the whole night!
Ickle woowho for movements, you will deff notice them more dependi g on how your sat, how much activity you have done and how hungry you are ie before eating and after! Hadnt hear drop sided cots were no longer safe! Bloody hell its a wonder anyone makes it to adulthood anymore what with all these crazy restrictions!

We had a busy bank hol, went swiming on friday, then to a fab wedding and danced for ages to the band which was cuban style music, yesterday we had a bbq at my folks and today we have been pointing the
floor.
Afm i have been getting alot of reflux the last few days so drinking milk like a calf! My bump really feels
huge! And sleeping is getting difficult the weight on my hips is really painful and rolling over causes my pelvis to seperate slightly ouch :(

Hope all you ladies enjoyed your weekends xxx

They're not unsafe here because the mechanism to drop the side is different to what was used in the US and possibly Canada but I'm just wary now. They were banned there in 2011 so I'm sure that if there was the same problem here then we'd have banned it too by now. Rationally I know it should be fine but I'm not that rational at the moment lol!

I can understand that Ickle - I think that was the reason I ended up going for fixed sides despite initially wanting drop side, that little bit of doubt creates havoc. As for Kev and Shawn, Pete is also the same and it drives me nuts!

Merri- sounds like a fab fun packed weekend. Sorry about the reflux. I was always told milk can make it worse as you get rebound increase in acidity, although I still used to drink it. I came across this

What both schools of thought do appear to agree upon is that if milk should be capable of neutralizing the stomach acidity in order to help with acid reflux and heart burn, the best type of milk to use should be completely fat free milk. It is believed that milk is capable of providing a soothing and protective layer in the stomach and esophagus, protecting sensitive tissue from the harmful burn from the acid reflux. The fatty part of the milk is capable of creating further acidity which is why nonfat milk is the preferred method when trying to combat the acidity of the stomach.

pichi - sorrry your hear Pixie and Xavier have colds, hope they pass soon. Wow Xavier on 3 meals! B still not overly keen on his foods yet, some day better than other and occasionally I might give him some tea to try if he didn't have much at breakfast. I gave him a soft carrot yesterday and that was nice to see him gum that. BLW may be more appealing than I first realised. Will try him on some porridge next week, want to wait till he is 6 months before introducing gluten.

ts - hope you got a bit more sleep, it is so hard hearing you struggle with Finns nose. I just wish there was something could be done to help.

MMM - these boys just like to stay awake! Hope you caught up a bit today during his naps.

afm -we went swimming today, OH going to waterbabies on Friday so wanted a bit of practice first. Sleeping at night still rubbish. HV suggested trying formula as it *might* help him sleep longer but in the past when we have tried it it never made a difference as he doesn't wake due to just hunger but we'll see.

Thanks pink good to know about milk! I like it even more than usual at the mo must be because its calciyummy! Its exciting introducing food to the babas my friends twinnies are loving their meals and just want everything they love greens with kiwi or apple! I hope swimming goes well for you pink xx

I replied earlier but it didn't post :grr:

Pichi I can't believe how fast Xavier is growing up!

Pink does Ben like swimming? I can't wait to start taking Noah! :D

Ickle we had a drop sided cot with Caitlin and Thomas and I also have one this time with Noah :thumbup: We never had any problems with them.

Mindy - Hope you managed to catch up on some sleep.

Merri big :hugs: for the pelvis it's awful isn't it :( one thing I definitely DON'T miss about being pregnant! Sounds like you've had a lovely weekend

AFM - We haven't really done too much today. We went and got our food shopping and that's all we've done today! Not sure what we're doing tomorrow x

MMM - B seems nonplussed with it really! Not scared and does smile when singing or blowing bubbles. No need to wait, at our first class was a lady with her 3 week old!! She slept through most of the class!! The baby not the mum lol.

merri - he does seem to like the veg more than the fruit which is the opposite of what they supposed to like! Haven't tried kiwi yet.

Really? When Caitlin and Thomas were little I was always told that you had to wait till they'd had 2 lots of jabs? X

hi ladies how are you all sorry ive been awol lately work been so busy and with my wee man too its been hectic will read back now for up dates xxx

thanks ladies :hugs: going to order an air purifier to see if that will help. it seems today that one cheek is a little swollen. i do't know if it is from his sinuses, maybe he's teething, or maybe it is something completely different. i put his amber necklace on so we will see if that does anything.

merri, it sounds like you had a great weekend :) as for the reflux, an apple used to do the trick for me. green apples or gala apples. also a few raw almonds work too. i always found milk made it worse, but then i found out i am lactose intolerant so... :haha:

pink, that is strange about B wanting veggies more than fruit. it is great, though :) i hope your oh enjoys swimming with B :) our silly boys all hate to let their mommies sleep. if you do decide to try formula i hope it helps :hugs:

mmm, i'm glad you had a little down time today :) you are one of the busiest people i "know".

kelly, i hope you aren't doing too much! :hugs:

hope you all have a good evening.

mmm - They say you don't need to have the injections now but I think the 3+ month mark is probably a good age to start from anyway.

Will read more and post later just off to the dentist (again!!) for impressions for teeth clenching guard thingy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->