Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Yes im sure the washing will be my major down fall but i think if i can get through the first busiest months of pooping it will be ok! I have 27 so far but obviously i have no idea how big skippy will be when born i will get some beaming baby disposibles in newborn incase he/she is tiny i will prob use them at night to start with until i decide on an overnighter. Bumbles are supposed to be good overnight and affordable. As for making them th3re are tons of diy websites if your crafty im not! Look on nappy lady for reveiws on fits and absorbancy to get an idea of variety!

I used cloth nappies for a while with Thomas when he was one ... I never used them overnight though. I loved the Itti Bitti's. I know a friend who makes the nappies and they are amazing! She's done Monsters Inc, Disney ... all sorts! They are quite pricey at over £20 a nappy though! I was just saying to hubby last night that I'd hav loved to do cloth with Noah again but I just don't have the time to wash them all. I done all our washing on Saturday and I have another 4 loads to do today :wacko:

How's everyone doing today? Any plans? X

is that hugaboo customs by any chance mmm?

washing breads in the baskets here haha

Don't get me wrong I love cloth nappies but with 3 kids it's hard enough to keep on top of the washing, I'm sure you'll manage Merri :)

Pichi no it's a lady from here Dinky Dot Bots :thumbup:

We're having a nice lazy day today, I'm catching up on housework, the kids are watching a film and playing in their room, Noah is asleep in his moses basket. I'm just going to go put the washing away and then clean the upstairs bathrooms and dust upstairs before lunch x

Haha its going to be a shock to system for me, we only do one load a week and hubby does his work stuff sepefately as its muddy! I have been given so many baby clothes im hoping i wont have to wash any!!:haha: lol

Mmm you are always so busy and house proud how do you do it??! How was noah last night?

Im contemplating a trip to primark, i need some sleep shirts with botton fronts for bfing and some bigger pants and leggings! Got my maternity allowance sorted im entitled to full amount thank god! I was panicking i would be on 30 quid a week! Phew! Now i need to decide when to stop workin, this month was ok so i think i will see how i feel over june when did you ladies stop work?

:lol: I've no idea tbh! Although I have neglected the house for a week or so, it needs a good thorough clean now, kids permitting :lol: Looks like I'll have to put the cleaning on hold as Noah's just had a catnap and now wants another feed :lol:

Enjoy your shopping trip :) I finished work at 16 weeks but that was due to SPD, if I didn't have that I'd have carried on working till around 34 weeks :thumbup: but it's just whenever you feel ready :) X

i think you have to plan a day out to fit housework,kids, rest in haha

with work both times i worked up to 39 weeks but i don't get anything in pregnancy at all other than a bump and Heartburn

aww those nappies are so cute! wish i could afford an embroidery machine right now but they're at least £300 :( maybe if i sell a few cot bumpers/pram liners/footmuffs i'll save up pennies for one :haha:

if my wee 'thing' takes off i may invest in one. Especially since you can create your own designs :)

I finished at 34 weeks both times. My job was quite active and requires lots of bending and running up and down stairs and I was so tired.

I'm thinking about finishing at 36 weeks so that I've got time to relax and finish getting organised. 2 weeks will be holidays though and 2 will be mat leave.

Its hard to decide but im a gardener so im thinking 34wks to be safe, bump is really in the way now and spd means i cant bend or over reach! 5wks and counting!

That's what I did tickle but would have left a couple of weeks earlier if I could as my job involved lots of standing/walking but couldnt really due to staffing

You are so brave girls!
I think I went on mat leav at 29 weeks. I was so ill and tired all the time. Plus I was really hormonal and emotional with ds2, I couldn't handle the pressure at work.
34 weeks is very sensible I think, It gives you time to rest and prepare the last bits and bobs before baby arrives.

Hope your boys and girls are letting you ladies sleep a bit better now. Hope everyone is ok. Sorry for not posting too much, but I'm still stalking!

Any news on Dani and Amie?

Amie is doing well at the moment. She's trippled her birth weight and is heading towards 4lbs. She's had quite a few ups and downs but she's getting there. Dani has a blog about Amie's progress https://daniwkd.wordpress.com/

It was different second time round as you don't get to rest as much (although with a child that naps like mine does I didn't do too bad) but I was really glad I finished at 34 weeks first time. I ended up with 7 weeks more or less as my due day was a Monday and she was born on the Friday to rest, relax, prepare for the birth, and by the time I went into labour I felt well and I was completely chilled out. Chance to lay in bed on a morning, I remember FarmVille was popular then so I spent lots of time playing that and reading books. All stuff I basically haven't had time to do since. But I remember waking up on the morning of the day she was born, feeling the start of labour and just lying there for an hour before Marks alarm went off, feeling really peaceful and kind of zen like about the whole thing, not panicked or nervous at all. So I say take the time, get yourself rested physically and mentally.

well have ben a bit upset since the hv came, as you know she weigheddaniel he was 14 8 ounces she said I should start giving him water after each feed so he doesn't eat as much as he is on te ote to being obese wtf h doesn't even look chubby to me, cant it just be that he is a big boy?? both me and oh are very tall im 5 10 and oh tller and Danieli s very long 67 cm at 8 weeks and most of his weight is in his length it really upset me her saying to cut down his fed how can you do this to a baby?????
isn't it harder enough tht it is drilld into s all to look a ertain way let alone an 8 week old baby. sorry for the long post ladies and the rant but it really upset me

Kelly i dont blame you for being upset, i would be to and bloody furious how can they say an 8 week old baby is on the verge of being obese!!!!! They dont know daniel and if he wants that feed i would give him it, my neice is nowhere near fat and my sister was told by the school she needed to lose some weight as she was becoming obese she was 4 for gods sake, when i was a kid it was just 'puppy fat' and we all grew out of it

aw hun try not to let it upset you :hugs:hv might have caught him going through a growth spurt. Usually babies go like wee barrels then stretch haha well, that's what Xavier done! He will slow down weight wise soon anyways:) i cant remember what his birth weight was...:s

Kelly sorry the hv upset you. It's totally crazy!!
How can she say that?
You little man is quite tall, bless him. I think the 67 cm is an average for 3 months old babies; so don't worry, your baby is really healthy. Where did she take that advice of giving some water from? I'm really angry for you. Some people are just incompetent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->