Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

What an idiot Kelly? Is he on the same centile for height and weight? Is there anyway you can request another HV?

If he's following the same centile I wouldn't worry hun. Ignore the HV, mums know what's best! I'd also request to have a new HV like Ickle said. Don't let her make you feel your not doing a good job when you clearly are! Daniel is happy and that's all that matters. Don't cut his food down x

apparently the centile hes following if he carrys on he will end up obese the water is just making him so loose and hes dirtying his nappy at least 5 times a day

Has he gone up centiles since he was born? If not then she's talking out her arse. You need to watch the trend of his weight rather than one individual measurement, because like mrs mig said, he could be fattening up for a growth spurt. He's 8 weeks old though so that's not really long enough to see a trend.

I agree with everyone else kelly i wouldnt worry, and i would ask for a different hv

Im soooo mad kieron hasnt been very well last few days and turns out he has an ear infection and his poor little ears are so sore, got antibiotics and when i went to get them the pharmacist informed me he shouldnt have them as theyre for ages 2+, they may not have done him any harm but what if it had of been somethin that really could of, i wouldnt of checked the ages as i wouldnt of expected to be given somethin he clearly shouldnt have, needless to say i will be going back to complain on mon, in the meantime i now have to wait until tomorrow to go to the walk in centre and get somethin he can have bless him

Hope you ladies are all well :flower:

Hugs Kelly I agree with everyone else. That HV is daft, if he is following his centile then there is nothing to worry about or even if he moves up one centile. No one told me to feed B more as he is only 9th centile so its just the same the other way. You know your baby best and if he healthy and happy then thats okay.

Hope - hope you get little Keirons ear infection sorted tomorrow and get new antibiotics for him. Was is the dose or the type of antibiotic he shouldn't have.

Ickle - thanks for the link to dani's blog.

Hi everyone!

there is nothing wrong with that at all. It isn't like hes shot up from 9th to 90th! Silly hv

Health visitors are plonkers. It's official.
Just received two BEAUTIFUL nappies in the post from Kelly. Thank you, can't wait to try them. I really appreciate it. Xx

I got a nappy in the post today too :) I think I overpaid a little but it's in good condition and is a good make (itti bitto delish). Need to double my stash though so I'm going to have to start shopping around.

20 weeks today! Can't believe I'm at the half way mark. Got a busy month ahead of us so need to get the paint bought and the livingroom emptied so that we can start decorating there, hopefully tomorrow. I've noticed a couple of old stretch marks are looking more purple than silver so I think I need to start moisturising.

Happy halfway Ickle!! When is your scan? I got a couple of nappies on eBay yesterday too so at the moment my stash consists of 5 size 1 tots bots bamboozle which I love but they are a little on the small side now, so I've got 2 size 2 tots bots easy fit which are nice, one brown, one bright pink (sorry LouBoo, it looked red in the photo :blush:) but they aren't quite as soft and fluffy as the bamboozle ones, the two Kelly sent which are really plush and gorgeous, and last night I got four size 2 bamboozle on eBay which I hope are like the size 1 ones that I have, and that should do me as I'm still using disposables too. Ickle if you are planning on expressing I recommend the avent electric pump. Everyone raves about the Medela one but I borrowed my friends avent one and I think it's great. I've just ordered one for myself because my friend has just had her second baby and will need it back.

happy 20 weeks ickle its gone so fast when is your scan?
that's ok miggins sorry there was only 2 I swore I bought 3 if it turns up ill send it xxx

Scan is on Wednesday at 11.30. I've taken the whole day off work though because I'd have to go in for 2 hours leave for 4 and then go back for another 2 and drive nearly 200 miles.

The itti bitti I've got is preloved but still really soft and fluffy.

Is the avent any cheaper than the medela? I'm not planning on buying one until I decide I want to use it, but I want to work out which one I want and where is cheapest to buy it locally so that I don't have to faff about trying to google it when I'm busy with a newborn. I'm doing the same for bottles and dummies. Will make life easier for DH because he'll probably be the one that gets sent out for it lol!

Hugs kelly heath visitors are not nurses, ignore what she said, if your baby is hungry feed him! My bfriend had trouble with her boy becase he was bigger than all that stats for his age group suggested and she struggled to be believed she wasnt force feeding him! Well she and hubby are both really tall for one and how can you over feed a baby, they puke or refuse it if they dont want it?? Her little man is perfect, once he started crawling he lost his baby fat personally i think your health visitor over reacted they have boxes to tick and need to be seen as doing something!

Well done on 20wks ickle whens your scan? Xxx

I think the avent are a bit cheaper than the Medela, but still £80 to buy new. I can't recommend it enough though, I got mine on eBay for £20 and its only been used a couple of times. I found expressing with Edie HIDEOUS but so much easier with this pump, and with Edie I had the manual version of the same pump. I got 5oz out today, the most I ever got with the manual was 2. And that would take an hour, today took ten minutes.

That's a huge difference in time and output. I think I'd go for an electric one just out of laziness lol!

Hello ladies I've been crap at getting on here.

Kelly ignore the hv they have a standard patter do what your gut tells you do do Hun and soon they will be out of your hair.

Happy half way ickle I would go with mrsmigg suggestion of an avent pump I too have the electric single pump but prefer the manual. Each to their own. I bought mine new in box fir £30 from eBay.

Hi everyone clse have read but cannot remember.

Isla is keeping me very busy she hates being put down and loves to be entertained. She has cut her first tooth last Saturday and has a second on the way. Teething is has brought with it really bad eczema on her stomach and now it's spreading to her legs. She very fussy and has been totally refusing my breast during the day this as made my milk drop again. She's not sleeping too good either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->