Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Oh yes for afterwards i brought a few cheap primark sleep vests with button fronts they are cotton and so comfy, bottoms wise i borrowed some and brought one pair of ridiculous size 20 ones from matalan! Need to start writting my birth plan eeeeek!

morning ladies if anyones on early Daniel has his jabs today just wondering whats best for him to wear to make it easy is it in his leg or arm? hope your all well xxx

Just prepare for your birth plan to go out of the window Merri! Have an idea of what you want and try to get your OH on board to fight your corner because you may find the midwives try to influence you to do something you aren't keen on. Obviously they are professionals and they do know best - in most cases - but you are very vulnerable in labour and maybe more open to a suggestion you may go along with and later regret. If your partner is there and being rational for you it's a help. If I had done what the duty midwife on the antenatal ward suggested to me I would have given birth to Louis in a Vauxhall Corsa somewhere just outside Hull and that was certainly not in my plan. My advice - be firm, but be open minded (as I know you are, you are that kind of person) and never say never.
Neither of my births went to plan but I was very keen to do it without any drugs but gas and air and that happened both times. Not through choice really, luckily my labours were both too quick. My friend desperately wanted pain relief with her second and the midwife was a big believer in doing it naturally, and kept telling her she could see in her eyes that she was strong enough to do it without. It ended up being a horrible experience for my friend who ended up wanting to slap the midwife, got so stressed she discharged herself after a couple of hours and then getting quite poorly.

Morning Kelly! It's in his leg so I would put him in jogging type trousers you can pull down and up easily. Jab day poor you! Hope he is ok.

thanks miggins xxxxx
I have two nightys that button down front only one has been worn once ,pink got them for me and sent as miggins said my birth plan never went to plan so never got worn my midwife was the same and kept saying how strong I was and insisted on no drugs so wasn't very nice for me at all I agree you really have to speak yp for yourself as they really cants be bossy buggers, so if anyone wants the nightys let me know and ill send there lovely and big as I wanted masses of room xxxx

thanks ladies :) i know things dont go as`planned most of the time but as you say im open minded and realistic about my choices! in an 'Ideal world' i am opting for home water birth water and me just work! im hoping to have minimum pain releif, just water maybe tens and maybe gas and air. who knows how i will cope with the pain, i read somewhere that redheads are the worst birthers!!lol we are wimps! oh well...so if there is a need for hospital transfer i will happily go but only if its an emergancy or if things grind to a holt or something! who knows, its exciting though! I like to play things by ear so we shall see what the world has in store!

I think my birth plan is going to just be a list of things in the order I want to try them. So starting off with TENS, water (not at the same time lol), gas and air and then building up from there. I like to delay the cord clamping too until its stopped pulsating. This is all if baby is ok though, if there's a hint of anything being wrong, then I don't care as long as baby is ok.

Feeling lots of kicks today. It's just the lovliest feeling :)

I've got a fan at my desk that I want to take with me everywhere! So glad I got a new car with working air con. My only complaint today is major heartburn but I've got Rennies so I should be fine.

Hiya. How is everyone?

Got a question, especially for those that had/have SPD. I was sitting on the sofa with my left leg tucked under the right and I went to cuddle DH so leant to the left and pulled my right leg up so my knees were both pointing in the same direction. I got a huge pain in my pubic bone, does that sound like SPD?

That sounds exactly like SPD Ickle :( Have you been referred to a physio yet? I found I could only sit in an upright position ... no slouching. I couldn't 'crawl' into bed I had to sit on the side and bring my legs round, I couldn't stand slouched either :( x

No I haven't. I think I need to go back to the midwife. My back is much better since I started yoga but the pubic bone is just the same. I slipped in the shower this morning and that jarred it too but not as bad as last night. The midwife did tell me to get in and out of bed like that so I have been. I make sure I get up every hour at work too to walk around. Makes me keep my water glass filled which is a good thing.

Oh ickle it does sound like spd. Your joints are very soft now due to pregnancy hormone relaxin so you need to be aware of this from now on. Like mmm said knees together in and out of bed, in out of car. Dont cross your legs when sitting etc. Yoga should help but tell them your joints are loose, some moves you should not do ie sitting in lotus position(cross legged on floor) Standing on one leg is bad for me too i have to sit down to get dressed. As soon as i said i think i have spd at 13wks i was reffered to physio it was free obviously. Ive only been once as i can manage my pain without help but mmm had a rough old time of it. My pain has good days and bad days but excercising daily and swimming has helped for me xxxx

The yoga instructor is actually the midwife I spoke to 2 weeks ago about my sore back, so she's pretty clued up about common ailments. She offers us alternatives too since some ladies have massive bumps.

I think I will give them a call at some point and go back and hopefully get a referral this time.

You definitely should hun. I ended up on crutches at 28 weeks :( it was awful but helped. They will probably try a support belt first which may help. Also ask about acupuncture, it didn't work for me but it does work for some people x

I hope it just disappears after a few weeks like mine did.
I'm v excited I won a Gumigem teething pendant this afternoon!

I phoned the midwife. Because I'm not at the point of having to take painkillers, I've just to avoid things that hurt and be careful to keep my knees together. They could give me a tubigrip for my bump but I already wear a bump band so that's possibly helping. I've to let them know if it gets any worse. Thanks for the advice :)

aw awesome MrsM. they're great! what pendant did you win?

ickle, hope it's just a short term thing :(

ickle- hope things improve or is bearable. I never had spd but did occasionally get pains moving in and out of bed.

mrsmig - yay for winning the jewellery. I have a gumigem heart pendant but keep forgetting to wear it but when I do he does use it.

Kelly - how did Daniel get on with his jabs?

Hi everyone hope all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->