• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

yeah lots here too just not sure where im going to put it all lol not long faye how exciting xx

Faye wow not long now. I know the feeling we eventually got moved house when I was 37 weeks was nice to finally get settled and more importantly things in their rightful place.

Didn't go too mad with Islas Christmas presents this year as she has loads of Emily's toys. I purchased a big blanket box before christmas so they are tucked away in there. It's the rest of the stuff like all the rude on toys and rocking horse that rakes up the space. Everything will be sorted once the massive tree is down next week. We had a lovely christmas despite Chris being away. Went to my mam and dads Christmas Day. My brother and sil Boxing Day and even got turkey and chips made by my parents yesterday. Today is a chill day. Plan on housework and letting my two cherubs play with their toys.

Turned six weeks yesterday. Along with it came the first waves of nausea in the supermarket of all places. Funnily enough the same happened with Isla and Emily. Feeling really tired too. Really could have done with an early night last night but Isla wouldn't settle. We are in the midst of a really fussy phase. Wish this next leap would happen soon.

Did any of you ladies suffer post partum hair loss? I have very long hair but I'm certain its shedding massively. I keep pulling out great handfulls daily and have to empty shower trap every wash!?! Very weird I hope I don't go bald! Xxx

My hair is just starting to fall out again after stoping during pregnancy. It's just a few strands at the moment but my hairdresser told me it can be a lot more.

My hair fell out really badly. From about 3 months pp to about 8 months. It got really thin at my hairline, especially where I part my hair. It started growing back pretty much right away but my hair is horribly fuzzy now. :cry: I'm actually quite down about it. :( When my hair is short it sticks straight up so I have a ring of fuzz around my hairline now and absolutely nothing will keep it down. :cry::cry:

I hope you ladies don't have hair like mine!

Oh Mindy I'm sorry to hear that lots of hugs. I'm definitely not imagining it then. I haven't got my hair cut in over a year I'm dreading going now as I will need several inches off. I've gone fuzzy too my curls have relaxed and I've got sticky out sideburns like when I was a kid and my curls were coming in! No one prepared me for this!

Thanks merri. It sucks but headbands help. I am just so over my hair right now. The colour is grown out and I have no stylist because my last one moved away. So I have frizzy grown out hair :( At least I have pretty purple sections to take my mind off the top. :wacko:

No one ever tells you about the parts like this do they? No one told me I would have disgusting night sweats for weeks. Or that my hair would fall out :( The doctor said the hair thing is normal unless you end up with bald patches. He suggested I get rogaine! I'm not sure if you guys have that brand but it's some kind of shampoo to help grow hair on balding men! I told him I'm bf and he said it was OK!! No thank you!

We don't have that shampoo but that's so ridiculous! Your hair will grow out I'm sure. Once the hormones settle and your able to get some good sleeps I'm sure it will. My problem is I don't think I'm eating too well at moment so that can be helping. We keep falling back on ready made pies, fish fingers etc because we can't be arsed to cook. Could you go out of town for a hair cut?
Why don't they give you a list of possible side effects of childbirth!? Hair loss, dry skin, generally dishevelry! Oh and fear of DTD :(

We have regaine, I'm guessing that's the same thing. I just looked up the women's version and it's not suitable if you're bfing. Dangerous advice from your doctor!

My hair, which is very long and very thick, came out in clumps. It's only just settling down. I can't get mine cut and coloured either because it's so expensive and I'm fed up about it too. Edie really needs hers cutting too, the pair of us look like a couple of members of ZZ Top :growlmad: oh and Mindy the nightsweats, god they were hideous.
Mindy your hair should grow back fine. I know a girl who had such bad alopecia she had to wear a wig but it did grow back. I know it must be really depressing though.

It is starting to grow back but it's sticking up so bad :( I look like a haggard mess.

I can go out of town but it's such a pain. We have two dogs that we leave home when we go out of town. It's a 2 hour drive and then we usually try only to have 4-5 hours there and then 2 hours home so the dogs aren't waiting too long. Sometimes we get someone to come let them out, but I hate to bug our friends to do that. Usually we're rushing to get things done. Fitting a 2 hour hair appt into that is just too hard.

The night sweats were absolutely horrendous. So, so cold when I woke to nurse Finn. And it is disgusting to wake up in wet pajamas. :(

Mrs. M, I hope you are able to get your hair done soon. Can you trim Edie's hair yourself?

Merri, I'm not eating wonderfully right now either because of the holiday and there being chocolate everywhere. We have to make most things from scratch because of my gluten thing. Unfortunately, we have too many chocolates that are gluten free. Haha!

Chocolate is my biggest downfall and biscuits with tea mmmm! Shame its such a mission leaving town :( I'm really fussy about hair dressers none cut curly hair well here so I stopped going! Hohum

I didn't get night sweats but I had terrible after pains when may latched, I went in to shock or something

Awww Mindy that's awfull but it dies grow back. Mine was like that with Emily. With Isla it fell out in clumps but fortunately around my ears and around the back. It's growing back now so looks stupid when I have my hair tuned back as it all sticks out. I'm lucky as my niece is a hairdresser so she cuts and colours mine. I remember the night sweats well. Ease ally in those early cluster feeding weeks. Isla often ended up stuck to me at night. Not good.

Fir those that don't know from my other threads I'm certain I have miscarried again last night. I have a follow up scan on Monday to confirm. I don't think it has hit me yet just feel numb.

Merri, I didn't get after pains. I guess we are lucky to get off with somethings and have to deal with others.

Thanks ladies I'm fine really. Going to look into birth control wanting one that is not going to make me gain weight or zapp my sex drive. B

Oh Debzie I am so sorry, don't know why I never went to your journal before now. Sending huge hugs.

My hair wasn't too bad and didnlt get much hair loss although I have a little patch left side on my forehead/hairline thats all fuzzy and all the same length just sprouting out like the shot from 'something about mary'!!

My goodness you poor things, i didnt know about potential hair loss ... not looking forward to that one at all ;0( Thinking about all you lovely ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->