• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Debzie if Chris is so adamant he doesn't want another will he get the snip? I know it's really final, but it's our only option really as I don't want anything hormonal, truth be told I want another baby but Mark is certain he doesn't so I think that's where we are headed.
Mindy, I wouldn't dare cut Edie's hair. I'm good at styling hair in terms of plaiting and stuff but I wouldn't know how to cut and she has such a lot of beautiful hair I would hate to make a mess of it. Louis needs his cutting too, so I think I will have to take the pair of them soon. Mine can wait longer. Like you Mindy I feel haggard. I look awful. You expect to feel and look exhausted in the early days but for me I think it's worse several months or a year on, when you still haven't had a lie in, you still haven't had a pedicure or a bikini wax or a colour cut and blow dry, you still haven't dropped that dress size and still slobbing about in comfy clothes and slippers and have grey in your hair, and can't wear decent clothes anyway because you are still nursing so never go anywhere alone and your wardrobe is still limited and nobody expects you to be nursing at 12 months so they don't understand. And you just get used to feeling and looking drab.
God. Sorry, for you new mums among us I'm sure it doesn't happen to everyone. I think I maybe need to get a part time job.

:hugs: miggins and to all of us strung out new mums. We deserve a bloody pat on the back and a spa day and a bloody Mary but damm it I for one feel too guilty to drink and breastfeed! Let's all make a deal with ourselves we will find time to feel good about our ourselves before January is over. Be that taking off that chipped nail varnish on our toes, wearing our new Christmas perfume even if its just to washup or buying ourselves flowers because you know your dh won't bother because they're dead!! ;)

I feel the same, Mrs. M. I feel like I look worse now than I did when Finn was 4-5 months old! I am still in pj pants and t shirts most days. I only put on real pants to go out, and sometimes I don't even bother if I'm wearing yoga pants. Dressing to go out is frustrating because like you said, limited nursing wardrobe. My hair is grown out and frizzy. I usually am covered in Finn slobber. But, I did get my eyebrows waxed today so at least I know they look great! Haha!

I hope you can get your kiddos in for hair cuts soon. Although I think it's a tragedy to cut Louis' curls!

Merri, I like that idea. I'm definitely going to have to come up with something to make myself feel better about how I look.

I think I need a new hair style. I got glasses (talk about feeling old! Haha!) and now I need a new style to go with it. I thought about doing all my hair purple a while back but chickened out. I'm thinking about it again. What do you ladies think? Here's a picture of my glasses. Not a wonderful one... :wacko: (I was wearing actual pants because we just got back from checking the mail. I promptly changed to pj pants again right after this) please excuse the messy mirror.

https://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w654/mindy_russell1/IMG_20140108_160153_zpsv5byyen6.jpg

Those glasses look really good on you. What sort of purple were you thinking of?

Love them very cool. I think if you get the shade of purple right it could look amazing. I want to henna my hair as its supposed to help condition but I don't want it to go too orange! Oh and Mindy I think you could pull off a shorter funky hair style let out that rock chic xxx

Mrs migg he's sort of changed his mind with regards to having more. I don't know if he was just trying to comfort me yesterday but said that a baby
Right now wasn't the right time but maybe in a year or so. I know it's not the best thing to say to a woman that hast miscarried but it gave me some thread of hope that maybe Isla is not my last. So that's why I'm looking into possibly the iud. That way I still have my natural hormone balance.

I've lost all my baby weight now but am still wearing maternity jeans with a belt. I have two pairs of pre isla jeans that fit but spend my times lobbing about. Chris did buy me a new coat for Christmas which does cover my clothes. Isla still doesn't sleep through so I perminantly look haggard. Going to be even worse when I return to work in a few weeks 12hour shifts. God help me. Yawn.

That makes me feel happy for you Debz. I'm pleased there is hope. Mindy, I think you look great. I agree with Merri, shorter and purple would look great. The glasses look fab. I wear glasses at home too and contacts when out and about. Well, when I say out and about I mean Playgroup run, toddler groups and Lidl, the only places I ever go.

Oh and Mindy don't worry Louis' curls are going nowhere! He just needs the fringe trimming cos it's in his eyes.

Thanks ladies :)

The purple I plan is a dark purple with a blueish undertone rather than a reddish undertone. I can post a picture when I'm home later (back at the doctor with little man :()

I've had my hair short in a pixie cut (no more than a half inch long) and super long and everything in between. Right now I'm liking my hair long. I love the rockabilly style and one day I might just try to style my hair again rather than just sticking to a messy bun.

Debzie, that is promising. I hope you get a sibling for Emily and Isla next year :hugs:

Oh! I forgot, merri, if you do henna you can't colour over it or bleach it out. Henna has to grow out and be cut off.

Mrs. M, I haven't had glasses before. This is my first pair. I might get contacts when/if my eyes get worse. And, I don't go anywhere either. Just the grocery store and the post office and baby group. Usually I'm left in the car when we go to the post office and the grocery store because Finn falls asleep and Shawn does the shopping while I sit with baby.

I don't dye my hair normally I just facied going a bit darker redy shade. But I love my natural highlights so I don't know.
I love rockabilly looks too but I'm more earthy hippy!
Big love ladies we will have a day snot and sick free honestly!

I've just copied Mindy and put a selfie on my journal. I'm not looking good today!

I'm a confused mess, merri! Haha! I'm earthy hippy and rockabilly and god knows what else. Can't figure it out!

I was a hair stylist for about 5-6 years until I went back to school. Henna is beautiful but it doesn't come out and will cause lots of trouble if you try to change it. But, if you only ever do henna and don't colour over parts you already coloured you are good to go. :)

I'm going to look Mrs. M. You never look bad in the pictures I see of you. :)

I think you look great too mindy but I suppose its all about how we feel and I am sure no one else sees us the way we see ourselves.

Hi Ladies :hi:

Its been a loooong time since I've posted on here, how are you all??

I've found myself back on b&b as sadly DH and I have just gone through another loss since having Ted last September and looked at my subscriptions and saw this thread was still going so though id drop by and say hello xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->