Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

so i got my first apt with the doc on monday. excited. and my gender ultrasound is scheduled for the 5th of sept :D cant wait :D Fingers crossed that all goes well

so i got my first apt with the doc on monday. excited. and my gender ultrasound is scheduled for the 5th of sept :D cant wait :D Fingers crossed that all goes well

FX'd for you sweetie! I hope your LO is happy and healthy in there all 20,000 leagues under the sea! Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Do you have any "women's intuition" as to what you are having? I get excited over people's gender scans! I'll be waiting for those results so you should tell us right away!

Because I never had any ms or any other symptoms for that matter I went with all the wive's tails and thought boy. But deep down I knew it was a girl, so when we got the results, I was surprised, but not. If that makes any sense. My husband on the other hand I think about pooped his pants when she said "girl."

Poor DH. We have two female dogs, me, and a daughter within the next few weeks. He is severly out numbered. AND we had to clear out the "Man Cave" for the nursery. He's slowly getting phased out :cry:

Man cave :haha: I had no ms with my daughter either. Was convinced I was having a boy until about 17 weeks then wasn't so sure.
This time round I was convinced it was a girl until a couple of weeks ago but I've felt so crap now I think it has to be a boy!

Man cave :haha: I had no ms with my daughter either. Was convinced I was having a boy until about 17 weeks then wasn't so sure.
This time round I was convinced it was a girl until a couple of weeks ago but I've felt so crap now I think it has to be a boy!

It's scary not to have any symptoms! I'm glad you're having them now because I know it makes you feel better. I hope that doesn't sound weird... I'm anxious to find out what you'll be having too!

Yes. There is even a "Man Cave" sign on the door. This is actually the SECOND Man Cave he has been kicked out of. I run a home salon, so I needed the bigger room, so he got moved upstairs to a tiny, tiny room, but he was happy because he still had his own space. Now poor guy has none. I told him when we move back to the states he can have a WHOLE BASEMENT!

Ah bless him! What do you do? I work in a salon but I don't have my own. I shall be staying team yellow sorry to disappoint!

I am a hair stylist. Well, "cosmetologist" as my license is hair, nails, and skin. I mainly stick to hair because it is my passion.

Are you a cosmetologist as well? That would be awesome!

Well I applaud you for staying team "yellow!" I guess I'll just have to wait longer to find out!

I always admire people who can wait and be surprised. I am obviously NOT one of those people as I have control issues. I need to know so I can feel like I'm totally prepared. Plus since I knew it was a girl deep down, I really needed to see my DH's face when it was confirmed.

His response was "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

:winkwink:

I'm what we call over here a beauty therapist. I don't do hair, I do manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials, massage, spray tans, lash & brow tints, make up etc.
I don't do nail extensions as its not my thing. I should work for myself, I'd make a hell of a lot more money. I'm on minimum wage at the salon.

I did nails in the states when I worked at a salon as well as hair, and I actually loved it as it gave me a chance to sit down. Here I don't have the equipment to do nails. I never did acrylic either. I thought in beauty school I'd be really good at it, but come to find out, I wasn't. Natural nail manicures and pedicures though I can do very well.

I also do make-up, and I never wanted to as being in someone's personal space made me very nervous. Once I got over that fear, I actually love it now.

It's very hard to find an American hairstylist here in Japan, and I know I'm very good at what I do so I've gained a nice following of other military wives. Unfortunately, I've had to cut back tremendously due to the nature of my pregnancy being high risk and always being at the hospital (which my NST test went swimmingly today).

I also have a degree in Graphic Design. I'm just a creative person, what can I say?

I say one day you should start your own business. It's amazing, and you do make SO much more money. Plus you are your own boss!

FX'd for you sweetie! I hope your LO is happy and healthy in there all 20,000 leagues under the sea! Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Do you have any "women's intuition" as to what you are having? I get excited over people's gender scans! I'll be waiting for those results so you should tell us right away!

Because I never had any ms or any other symptoms for that matter I went with all the wive's tails and thought boy. But deep down I knew it was a girl, so when we got the results, I was surprised, but not. If that makes any sense. My husband on the other hand I think about pooped his pants when she said "girl."

Poor DH. We have two female dogs, me, and a daughter within the next few weeks. He is severly out numbered. AND we had to clear out the "Man Cave" for the nursery. He's slowly getting phased out :cry:

I know what you mean. OH wants a boy but deep down I know its a girl. kinda like I knew my boy was a boy from the get go. but I guess we have to wait. he was almost disappointed that my ultrasound was only in september her thought that my up coming apt was for the gender. It was cute. anyways FXED good luck ladies. :D

Hey ladies,

Crayz, :rofl: about your poor hubby and his man cave!! Bless him, im sure he wont mind at all once he has that little bubba in his arms!!! Really hope you are keeping well!!

MrsMig, bless I agree you should start out on your own, perhaps being on maternity leave is the perfect time to start, do friends and family, do some cheap business cards and do home visits, thats what my friend did ... i guess its a lot to fork out for the equipment though??

Morm, yay for appt and scan booked (5th Sept, i should have given birth by then :argh:!!)

Husbands are wierd arent they, I asked Ben how many weeks he thought i was the other day and he said "42"!!!! Oh dear!!!

Bump, dont despair chick, it is still early days yet, keep up the PMA and the good work you are doing bringing awareness of the evilness that is miscarriage and good karma will come back around to you i just know it will :hugs:

Loz, where are you?? Hope everything is going ok??

xxx

trying my best with the pma lol just hoping it doesnt turn into pms lol in 20 min af will be offic late according to ff lol

Hey Clobo! So nice to hear from you! How are you feeling these days? I hope you and LO are well. Thanks for looking out! I'm good, just playing the waiting game. Dr. said anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Got more steroids, and have had 2 NST tests this week, one more tomorrow, and another growth scan tomorrow as well (those are the most traumatic). NST are good, as well as flow, and movement, so no worries there!

Morm-I guess you will find out soon enough! I'm excited :) Whatever team, I know you'll be happy. But if you find yourself team pink, we'll have to exchange addresses as I'll have LOTS of clothes I can send you!! My sister actually met a friend on the Internet that sends her clothes from England. She sent me some of them recently. I could tell by the sizes, lol. All my friends and relatives who are having babies are having girls, but within weeks of me, so all of these cute things she'll barely wear will go to waste!

I'm kinda glad we're team pink because DH is a very calm person. I think this makes him very good with women as far as patience goes. I think a boy would actually make him crazy.. I don't think he would be able to remain patient with a son. Especially if hypothetical son pulled the same kind of stunts that he pulled when we were in HS! like for example, stealing caulk from the home improvement store and then caulking the McDonald's drive thru window shut.. Then watching them struggle the next morning! Or stealing a Bob's Big Boy statue (it's a chain in the states) and putting it on the front lawn of our HS. There are so many more.. I could go on and on.

Besides, since we're looking at IUGR, and we're both short already, AND my father and his father are both bald, I think a girl is just better genetically for us. LOL.

Bump, any news my dear?? :dust:

Crayz, ah your DH was a bad boy!!!! Lol!! It deffo makes sense to pass baby things on, they wear them so little its a shame that they go to waste!!

All my friends keep saying im going to be the opposite and have a humungous boy like Ben!!! But both Ben and his Dad are tall and have lots of hair so its not too bad for us :rofl:

Hope everyone is doing ok .... almost the weekend :yipee:

xxx

Nope no af no bfp either not even a faintest faint one using asda and ic tests :/

Aw :hugs: my dear, dont want to get your hopes up but i didnt get a BFP either time till at least 16 dpo!! Keep up that PMA and dont let it turn into PMS!! See you are doing well, still joking about things, i really admire you chick xxx

I dunno if it's my mind playing tricks but I do feel a tad queasy today :/ I got 2 Evaps this am with my son my af was 4 days late before I got a faint pos and I was only out by a day with dates :)

Bump, my best advice to you (if you wnat it!) is to try to stop thinking about it (much easier said than done I know!) and plan something nice to do this weekend .... if nothing else it will take your mind off things and remind you that there is life besides TTC .... hope that doesnt sound harsh but its exactly how I felt each month and around AF time id always arrange a cinema trip or day out etc with OH or friends so that I HAD to be positive and get out and do something fun. Sending you big hugs and ill be checking up on you!!!

xxx

Lol yer thanks I'm not totally obsessing just twice a day haha and I deffo have tons planned this weekend it's my husbands surprise 30th on sat so got lots to do :) went and treat myself today n got my nails done ;) x

Brilliant Bump just what you need and deserve, pampering and a party, have fun and happy birthday hubby :cake: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->