Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Loz- sounds like you are really healthy! I have been keeping up my routine of checking my BP and it has hung around 140/80, which is a little higher than it was in 1st tri, but still not terrible yet. I hope it stays right where it is!

We are in the middle of a heat wave where I live! I am not sure that little dude or my pregnant body really care for the heat too much! I am just trying to stay in doors where it is cool. Braxton Hicks have came back today too :( Luckily still randomly spaced and not too strong, just uncofortable!

Hey ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Oh me? I just had a baby 2 hours ago. Not much else going on here!!

Yeardley Ray was born today at exactly 34 weeks via c-section. She is 3 lbs. 1oz. and currently in the NICU doing GREAT!! She came out breathing on her own!!

I still can't feel my legs. So I haven't seen her aside from right after birth. My husband has been taking pics to update me!!

Thanks bump! She is tiny. But she's perfect. She is a fighter!!! Severe IUGR was the diagnosis. Nothing more. I'm satisfied with that!!!

Hey ladies!

Yeardley Ray was born today at exactly 34 weeks via c-section. She is 3 lbs. 1oz. and currently in the NICU doing GREAT!! She came out breathing on her own!!

I still can't feel my legs. So I haven't seen her aside from right after birth. My husband has been taking pics to update me!!

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures. The good news is if it was only IUGR, then she she do very well! My SIL works in a NICU and she says that girls tend to do better than boys too. So she has a lot working in her favor!

How are you? Recovering well from your C-Section?

Hey ladies!

Oh my goodness Crayz I just LOVE how you dropped that into your post like that LOL! I can't wait to see the pics!!!!!! Ohhhhhh I bet she is just the cutest thing ever! Pics pics! I bet she isn't in the NICU long at all! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Its so hot here today I am melting...and even more so now I am sat here squeaking with exitement about the first birth on this thread! :haha::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thanks ladies!

It still hasn't hit me yet. I did finally get to see her. I got to hold her and try to feed her, which she is not able to do on her own yet. I was confined to a wheelchair so was a little limited, but Daddy got to bathe her and change her diaper.

She will probably spend around 3 weeks in the NICU, but right now she is doing amazingly well for such a tiny little thing.

I will post pictures once we get home in a few days! DH has already taken a million!!

Right now I'm going to enjoy these drugs and try to get some sleep before 4:00 a.m. wake up call.

And wow, c-sections hurt.

:yipee: our first baby!!!! Congratulations Lexi and loving the name!! Blimey 3lb is teensy but im soooo glad she is doing really well my dear, massive hugs to you and hubby and i wish you a speedy recovery so you can all spend time at home as a family!! Cant wait to see a piccy!!!

Bump, yup, I was never actually sick but i was so nauseous from about weeks 7 - 12 and it did feel worse in the car in the morning, make sure you take something to eat with you in the car, cereal bar type of things, and some water too! :hugs:

Im having what I assume are Braxton Hicks today, had a few before but tummy really tightening this afternoon, also baby is all on my right hand side cos im looking down and my tummy is all wonky :rofl:

xxx

Ah congrats Crayz! That's amazing news. It sounds like she is doing fantastic. Well done.xx

awww congrats crayz :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: so glad shes doin so well, cant w8 2c the pics

Bump car travel makes me feel hellishly sick, even now...today infact I had to be in a car and it was an effort of will to keep my stomach calm!

Wonky tummy is funny :haha: I get it alot during BH. Lil Fella has not kicked me in the cervix today, the kicks are closer to my ribs....its a relief after all the cervix stomping, to know that he has not decided already to be breech!

I can't wait to see some pics Crayz! :cloud9:

Hows the little Migglet doing? Won't be long before your getting wonky belly too! :hugs:

What do BHs feel like because to my knowledge I didn't get them with pixie

I got bad car sickness with all my pregnancies, even with my daughter and I hardly had any sickness at all with her. It's far worse in my OH's Saab than in my corsa, and funnily enough pretty much every time my daughter goes in the Saab she throws up, yet she is usually ok in my car.
Loz, all ok I think! 14 weeks tomorrow, starting to wean off the progesterone (scary) and getting a decent sized obvious bump now. Not wonky so far but I know from using the Doppler that Migglet hangs out over my right hand side. Getting frustrated that I haven't felt much in the way of movement yet.

Hey everyone!

I'll post some pictures tomorrow with my laptop. Hubs was nice enough to bring it to the hospital for me. I've been officially discharged, but am still here under "Boarder Status" which means I basically live here. I get to stay in my recovery room and added sme blankets and smell goods to make it feel like home. Right now I'm in the "Patient's Lounge" (it sounds so fancy, and considering this is a cold, dark military hospital, this longe is pretty posh) writing to you fabulous and pregnant ladies.

So far this is what's happening: She still refuses to feed. She jasn't gotten the suck, breathe, and swallow thing down yet. I think it's more that she's just not interested. As soon as I pick her up to feed her, she falls right to sleep in my arms.

She finally pooped today. Like 12 times from what I understand. Hubs changed the first poopy diaper, lol. He said it was like up her back.

This morning they found a heart murmer? My brother and I were both born with one that later rectified itself. Well it got louder so they're running tests. So far they know there is a minor defect, but they can't figure out what it is. The NICU nurse assured me that it wasn't any of the serious ones that are easily seen like the usual, but it's still scary. She is still breathing fine, and she no longer needs anti-biotics, so that IV is gone. She is under the bili lights for jaundice at the moment gettin her tan on with these eye patches that look like really cool shades, lol.

I cannot believe how much I love her. It's insane. DH is so in love with her it blows my mind. He's so solid all the time. She melts his heart and I can see it every time she looks at him with her tiny little eyes. We get jealous of each other when we're holding her during feeding times. Like each one of us wants to hold her all the time. I just want her to get healthy soon so we can take her home, because all I want to do is hug her forever.

Sorry so long. It's been a stressful few days!

Thanks for the update Crayz. I hope the heart murmer turns out to be nothing serious. Are they tube feeding her?

Yes. She is being tube fed. They moved the tube from mouth to nose thinking maybe it was in the way in her mouth.

She does eat a LITTLE from the bottle, but seriously, it's like 2 mls if we're lucky.

So I try every feeding to give her the bottle, but she's all like, "Nah..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"