Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Lozdi, I am having that problem already and my bump is only small! I think it's because I eat on my lap and I've changed my seating position. I need to borrow my daughters bib. And it's going to get worse.
TS sorry the room is a bit grotty, also I hope that spotting is nothing to worry about and it doesn't happen again. Are you on progesterone?

When OH has cooked, he hands me my plate, gives me a look, then silently hands me a napkin. :haha: Bless him.

loz that made me lol

ts cant wait to hear from you tomoz xx

ladies i have a question dr wouldnt give me high dose folic acid so im just guna take the right amount of tabs to make 5 mg can you ladies check if my sums are right ok the folic acid im taking is 400 ug and mother to be have 4oo ug in them so i worked it out to be taking just over 12 tabs a day? so if i take 11 a day as the mother to be tabs have 1 included is that right?

Bloody hell Kelly. I don't really know - Pink is a good person to answer this. I would be wary as the mother to be will contain a lot of other vitamins and you don't want to overdo it. Plus, those prenatal vitamins made me sick, just taking one of them. If I had taken 12 I would have no stomach lining. Plus it will cost you a fortune. If I were you I would try to get the high dose folic acid another way, maybe try a different GP?

Stay on the prenatals, but also take separate folic acid alongside them. So, one prenatal plus one or two (whatever the dose is that you want to achieve) of folic per day. Folic acid comes on its own with no other vits and is really cheap, whereas the prenatals get costly! If you find they make you feel ill or be sick, simply take them just before you go to bed, thats what I did. :flower:

If you are going to do it, just take prenatals and some extra folic acid on its own would be my advice. And try to get as much folic acid in your diet as you can.

so ok to take with parentals as to get the 5mg dose thats advised i would need to take 12 tabs so ill tale 1 parental and 10 folic acid

Kelly, 11 x 400mcg folic acid (only) tabs plus your normal prenatal vitamin will give you just short of 5mg. Folic acid is water soluble so you can't really overdose as you just pee out any unused folic acid. It is found in lots of veg and is fortified in breakfast cereals too.

ps love the ticker!

TS - glad you got there safe and sound but it a shame you got a smelly smokers room. I remember telling you my friend was originally from St.Johns, it seem strange to think you are there now. I am sure the brown discharge is nothing to worry about as the other have said.

Thanks ladies :)

Mrs. M, I'm not on progesterone. My Dr said my levels were good when I had them tested.

Lozdi, what was you said could be coming away? I don't know what all the abbreviations are yet. Oops!

My scan is in about 13 hours. I hope I don't have to wait too long. I will update when I can.

Thanks again ladies :hugs: I am stressed over this and you are all helping :)

TS - good luck with your scan and I'm glad the spotting has stopped already!

Kelly - 11 pills sounds like a lot to take - especially if morning sickness kicks in soon you might have a hard time taking them all. I'd ask a GP for a prescription so you only have to take a couple of pills instead. Hope you're feeling a bit better too :)

I have my dating scan referral but haven't book the scan yet. I also have another doctor's appoint on the 8th Aug with my preferred GP that I want to actually manage the pregnancy so I might be sneaky and get another dating scan referral off her.

Hope you're all well x

wow sounds like docs are a lot better where you are ginny, i tried getting the tabs she didnt really want to listen to me she just kept smiling at me like i was stupid.

thinkong of you ts xx

oh has the raging hump as didnt want sex why are men so selfish sometimes,just worried to do it just in case something happens am i being silly

thanks again ladies. We just got up. Less than 2 hours now. I am so nervous.

Kelly, I take pregvit folic 5 prenatal. They are 5 mg and haven't bothered my stomach yet. I wonder if you can get them there? They are prescription. Good luck with your Dr!

No Kelly you are not being silly. Tell him to tie a knot in it :growlmad:
Thinking of you Mindy. Got a new date for my anatomy scan, it's now on Thursday 9th at 2.30. I'm very nervous.

no they dont do them here without getting them from docs and she said no just took my 11 tabs man that was a task

so excited for you mrs not long now

cant wait to hear from you ts

tie a knot in it lmao i thought it was selfish of him i know its guna cause an argument

oh yeah almost forgot to add this lol as if kelly:happydance:

Attachments

• 2012-07-30 12.01.49.jpg
    2012-07-30 12.01.49.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 3
Oh that has made me smile Kelly 3+- lovely to see!! Maybe take half the tabs in the morning, half later in the day. I have no problems with tabs and can take them all at once, sometimes without water! Can you not do a little white fib and say the Dr/mw suggested waiting a few weeks?

TS - good luck!

Mrsmig - I have your original date in my diary but can't remember off the top of my head is this one sooner now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->