Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

thanks clobo :) i am 8+1 today, exactly what i am according to ovulation date. :happydance:

the dr referred me to get another scan at 12 weeks. i have an appt with my gp on thursday so i guess i will be told the appt time soon after that.

wow, ladies!! fast labours! pichi, i hope this one comes much faster than Pixie! labour is something that i am really nervous about! haha!

here is my scan :cloud9: the measurement on the scan says 8+0 but the tech did 2 measurements at 8+1 and one at 8+0 so they said 8+1 :) (sorry for the bad cell phone picture. my scanner isn't hooked up right now because we are renovating the room it is normally in)

Attachments

• IMAG0358.jpg
    IMAG0358.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 10
love scan pic TS!! You must be so excited!

I was induced with DS... so they broke my waters and started the drip at 3.30pm and I had him at 6.40pm! I only pushed for 15 mins which I don't think if very long for your first. So every quick and intense, but I think it was because of the induction.

love the pic ts made up for you xxx

omg labour for two days i thought labour lasted maybe 1 to 2 hours lol

yeh for super fast labour

im worried now i still have cramping and middle backache shouldnt be this long should it?

unless it's really bad Kelly, I bet it's normal :)

I had my own scare today... I had another hcg test done on Monday with the GP that will be monitoring my pregnancy. Anyway, I called the GP's office today to find out what my levels were and the nurse could only see the comment "pregnancy level 1-2".

So had a bit of a freak out - kept thinking are my levels that low she thinks I'm 1-2 from conception? I just couldn't figure it out so I bought a digi and got 3+ on it which I'm happy about since I'm 5 weeks tomorrow :happydance:

I'll have to wait to next week to see what 1-2 is referring to...

That sounds odd Ginny. Does she know what she is on about? Kelly, if it just feels like AF is on her way it's completely normal. What did you decide to do about the aspirin?

TS, lovin the piccy my dear, what a cute little bean you have there!!

Kelly, i had wierd cramps early on too, basically in those first 12 weeks your body is changing so rapidly that it would be abnormal not to feel some twinges ... if they do get really bad though id ring your MW just to give you peace of mind more than anything. :hugs:

Im the most impatient person in the world so whats the betting that my labur is a late and long one!!!! xxx

I'm still having them! They come and go but I was having lots the other day, and quite bad round ligament pain as well. I think Migglet is having a bit of a growth spurt. Movement is still very sporadic, some days I feel quite a lot, (on an evening anyway) other days hardly any. Used the doppler this morning and found the heartbeat straight away loud and clear, but not much in the way of fists and hooves.

i was having quite a bit of cramping in weeks 4 and 5. it was so bad that i actually got a scan early (5+4) to make sure everything was ok. everything was great :) i am just paranoid! haha! the dr was placating me.

i am still getting weird twinges and pinching feelings every few days.

that is scary about the 1-2 pregnancy thing, ginny! that darn nurse shouldn't be saying anything on the phone if she doesn't know what she is talking about! but, YAY for the 3+!!

Lovely pic Mindy! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

You think 10 hours is fast for a first! (it is).....I was just under 4 hours from waking to a trickle to holding baby with my second labour! And I was on my feet (which I keep saying I'm sure lol)

So if the pattern remains, this one could be even faster :wacko:

Clobo, if you can stand on your feet when you are fully dilated, gravity can help alot! They never got chance to examine me with the last one but judging by the speed and ease in which he shot out, I expect I was fully dilated by the time I got to the hospital, an entire 17 minutes before meeting baby! :haha: Baby must have been in the optimum position for labour also. I have a sneaky feeling this one might decide to be awkward....:wacko:

That makes me nervous Loz! Especially when I live an hour away from the hospital and have to await child care of some sort!! Yikes!

that makes me nervous too!! i live about 2 1/2 hours from the hospital we are planning to deliver in. 2 hours from the other one, but it is in the opposite direction from our hometown, where we are hoping to go so we can board the dogs and be closer to family. our hospital here doesn't deliver babies.

i don't expect to go too fast, since this is my first.

my friend's sister delivered her first with only 15 minutes of pushing after she slept through her labour! she went to the hospital and told the nurses she was going into labour, they kind of laughed at her and sent her home. she went back a few hours later and was a little forceful about it. they admitted her but still didn't believe her. they gave her something to help her sleep. she woke up a few hours later fully dilated and ready to push!

a friend of mine had a 5 minute 2nd stage of labour! it was practically 2 pushes and baby was there haha!

we're 45minutes away from the hospital here but i would think for those that don't live close you could go in as soon as you feel the on-set of labour... don't want you pushing in the car!

Loz: this is what i'd like - to be standing up for as long as possible not stuck in a bed, i'd hate that.

I live a mere 10 minutes from the hospital if traffic is favourable....but I don't think I'd make it if I slept through dilation, I would wake up to find crowning! The number one reason for homebirth is to avoid the need to get to the hospital! Also, to avoid the needless hours and hours of waiting after I'm ready to go home just for a doctor to confirm I have had a baby! They can check his ears etc at the home visits the midwives do after! Worst case traffic scenario for getting to the hospital would be at peak time when it could take 40mins + :wacko:

Mrs Miggins whats your childcare plan for labour? Mine is my mum will be on call, she lives just on the next street and is a light sleeper and can be at my house within minutes of The Call no matter what time it is- she will then take my boys over the road to my oldest's dad's house, he literally lives right opposite us, and there they will await a call saying Lil Fella is here. Worst case scenario is me going into rapid labour when my mum is at my grandad's (a minimum 20 mins away) and oldest's dad is at work (another 20 mins away) and OH at work (only 5 mins away by taxi but in a loud environment where he doesn't always here his phone) in that case.....my sons would be my birthing partners and I would have to give up wanting to use yelling as pain relief for fear of freaking them out! :haha:

I expect the midwife will get here fast upon the call though- they know how fast I went last time. :haha:

a friend of mine had a 5 minute 2nd stage of labour! it was practically 2 pushes and baby was there haha!

we're 45minutes away from the hospital here but i would think for those that don't live close you could go in as soon as you feel the on-set of labour... don't want you pushing in the car!

Loz: this is what i'd like - to be standing up for as long as possible not stuck in a bed, i'd hate that.

5 minutes! Hahahaha! Thats excellent! I didn't push at all with my second, he really did just shoot out, pushing would have only served to push him out faster than the midwives catching reflexes...and I'd be telling him the story of how his first action in this big wide world was to faceplant! (he faceplants often, clumsy devil) :haha:

I couldn't stay on my feet with the first, it was really intense and totally an alien experience, but with the second it was ok, so I reckon you have a good chance of doing it stood up- because you won't have the fear of the unknown making your legs wobble too much to stand! The bed in the room was chest height, which helped, because it was just a matter of leaning on it with OH on the other side holding onto me while I deafened him most mightily!

Im definitely up for the upright, forward and open positions we have been shown in NCT and yoga! I want to stay as active as possible!! I have my ball and Ben is 6'3" and 16 stone so rather a good support!!

Im lucky i only live 5 minutes away from hospital, unless i have to go to Bath and then its normally a 30-40 minute drive!!

xxx

Yup i live about 20 minutes away and work just south of Bath, I love it too, hate the drive to the RUH though!!! xxx

i used to live in a village called mells my grandparents still live there i got married there too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->