Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Its the woman who decides when its the last baby! The man can have an opinion, but needs to accept that eventually he must agree with the woman! Fact of life, that is :haha:

I wish someone would tell Mark that! Maybe I should just leave it, like I did with Edie's middle name. It was never discussed (apart from when I told him adamantly it would NOT be Grace as her initials would be EGG) and then ten minutes after she was born, when he was all misty eyed, I gave him a choice of two :haha: he said he didn't like Florence, so Violet it was.

Edie Violet. What a beautiful name! I really like Iris too :)

Re: the crying kid - of course I will comfort and do whatever is needed if the child is hurt or crying for valid reasons. I just melt into a puddle when I see children crying. If they are crying to get their own way there is no way I will go running to them. Crying like that is manipulation. Maybe I am a cruel person. I don't know. I just know there is no way I would be able to run a classroom with a kid crying like that all the time. The crying kid will also be hated by every other kid in class. I wouldn't do that with my own kid either.

Yeah, Pichi's Mr Pea is Xander with an X.
Zander sounds good with your other two though. I like really old fashioned names, but there is a fine line. I like Elsie for another girl, and think it goes well with Edie, but my friend told me it reminded her of an old lady at a care home she used to work at who always smelled of wee. I also wanted Eloise for a girl, but Mark has put his foot down at that as well, saying it sounds too much like Louise and he doesn't like Louise. I like Iris, but no. We had this with boys names when I was pregnant with Edie, but we had settled on Edie when I was around 20 weeks.

Ooh I love the name Elsie, its so timeless. Before I knew Lil Fella was indeed a boy, I pondered girls names along with boys names and got just as stuck, but did find I like Carys, I have a friend called Carys and she is a right character!

Its not at all cruel to ignore crying when its that type of crying- kids needs to know that crying does not get you your own way, in my house, there is no reward for bad/manipulative behaviors! Obviously its very different when they are upset for a valid reason.

Wow its been busy on here there is no way I can remembervit all apologies.

On the name front I am stuck on boys names I have loads of girls names I like. Maisy, Tilly, chloe and maddison. None really leap out yet though. I had two chosen for Emily the other being Sarah Elizabeth. Not keen. on that now.

I love the name Chloe :)

Ginny! I just remembered that I didn't comment on the dog breeds you listed. :dohh: Haha! I just looked up Australian Bulldogs and they are super cute! I love bulldogs. I wouldn't want one, though. I worry too much about breathing problems for breeds with pushed in faces. My next breed choice is either going to be a malamute, a newfoundland dog, or a st. bernard. I want something BIG! Haha!

When I was pregnant with Edie we had sort of settled on Joshua for a boy, but not because it was a name we both loved, more a name neither of us hated! This time round it hasn't even been in the running. The fact that we have settled firmly on a boys name that we both like makes me think this little one is a boy.

wow ladies i love the names we have chosen Daniel and Olivia,
Ts we have a great dane called solo hes massive the dog in my aviator is a shepherd cross hes called Timber

Forgot to comment on the cute ferret pics. Cant remember if I shared this on this thread or another. This is my brothers dog George (the naughty) as a pup will try and find a pic of him now. For those that are fans of bulldogs.

Attachments

• GEORGE 3.jpg
    GEORGE 3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 0
This is from the other day.

Attachments

• 270906_3916942397865_2042671542_n.jpg
    270906_3916942397865_2042671542_n.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 3
Awwwwww so lovely, and a very majestic pose in that pic!

Kelly, I always wondered about your dog in your avatar. He is beautiful. Great name, too! How are you feeling today? I love the name Olivia :)

Debzie!! George is SO handsome! I want to kiss his smushy face :D

im ok dont feel so dizzy so able to get out and about still have bad ms mornings are really bad always feel like death,my symptons still dont make me feel better as lots of people have said they had symptoms right up to the point of them being told about mmc just hoping things are going to be ok.

mrs migg what time is your scan tomorow? my mind is dredful

You have to keep your PMA going, Kelly :hugs:

I forgot to ask, do you have any pictures of your great dane? I love great danes, I think they are beautiful.

Good luck with your scan MrsM, not that you'll need any luck!

I love everyone's name ideas - I have a couple of them on my list too. I love William (Billy)... DF is from Northern Ireland and but it adamant he doesn't want an Irish name (I still don't fully understand N.I. politics). Anyway, there is a castle not far from where he grew up where a King Billy lead the invasion/claim of Northern Ireland. So I like that connection :)

I also love Olivia - it was at the top of my girl list. But, I'm not sure if Olivia and Virginia sound to similar/rhymey.

Oh well, plenty of time for me to think about names - some of you not so long to go!!

TS - the Aussie bulldogs are breed so they have a bit of the look of the British bulldog but none of the health problems. Their noses aren't as squished up.

Debzie - I do remember George from the other thread!! I love the name George by the way, it really suits him!

Kelly - hope you morning sickness eases up. I don't feel very nauseous today at all, but I'm at peace with it. I still feel "off" almost like I have a hangover - which is how I remember describing how I felt with DS to someone. So that makes me feel better :)

Thanks Ginny. My ex husband was from NI as well, and he too hated all connections with the place. I visited a few times, it's beautiful but I never fully got my head round the politics either.
Feeling a bit off is good. That's how I felt too. Still do, most of the time!
Well today is the day. Weird dreams last night have unsettled me, but I think it's probably just my interpretation of the dream.

Morning ladies.

Good luck today mrsmigg will be thinking of you today and im sure everything will be fine.

Kelly and Ginny I felt like death at times unitl 10 weeks but no sign is ever reasurrance with pal. Hand in there ladies.

Pregnancy insomnia has stepped up a notch the ladt few nights been up since 5 am ( on my day off and Emily is still snoring) my appetite has returned in full force too. I'm allready worried I put on 3 kg so far. I'm eating so healthy too. Seems we are never happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->