Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better today, Mrs. M. SPD sounds really terrible. I really hope you don't actually have it. I think it would be difficult to be really pg and on crutches.

I have always wanted to live on Vancouver Island. It really looks beautiful there! It is a rain forest and I think that is really pretty cool. I love the huge trees and the water. I hope you get to visit your family there one day.

How are you doing today, Clobo? I can't believe how close you are! That is so exciting.

How are you, Pichi? I just realized that your new LO and Pixie's birthdays are very close. That is really neat. A great gift for a big sister!

Our plumbing is coming along. We learned something interesting when the guy from the town came out to shut off our water yesterday. He said the previous owner of the house had troubles with the main line leaking right before he sold the house to us! They did not disclose this information to us. :mad: I have no idea what they did to "fix" the problem but they definitely didn't fix it. Now we have it fixed thankfully! Unfortunately, we still don't have water in any places in our house. But, Shawn and our friend are pulling out the old copper now and then will run the new pipes. They said they will be done tonight. That makes me really happy!

It is another hot day here today. I am thinking I am going to take my book and go downstairs to sit in the rec room and read all day since it is a few degrees cooler down there.

I hope you are all having a good day.

Oh blimey you can't be going without water! I really hope they get it sorted smoothly and asap.

Mrs Miggins it sounds like how my friend described- are you possibly tensing your tummy muscles at all? That can make it seem like baby isn't moving much.

Oh dear Clo! Good to get practice at walking bent double though, because its hard to stay upright during contractions! If you can walk double with a bump you stand a good chance of being able to be upright for part of the labor experience!

Good to see you Pichi! :flower:

Kelly how you feeling? Found any epic food combos to fall in love with yet?

Ginny hows the tummy troubles?

Midwife came at 10:30- all is go for a homebirth :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I see Boots do a small inflatable birth pool, giving serious consideration to getting it- then even if I don't get to use it in labor I can use it as a bath when the ceiling has fallen in! :haha:

Ooh I forgot to say, one of the midwives on the team that I see lives right opposite me- so if its her on call when I go, it'l be nice and convenient for both of us! :haha:

That is fantastic news, Lozdi!! I am so happy for you! :happydance: :happydance:

Yes, we have been living without water since Saturday :( Up until yesterday evening Shawn could still turn on the water for me to use the bathroom, shower, and wash my hands, but last night they cut the old line and put in the new line. So, there is nothing connecting the new line to the rest of the house :dohh:

Oh no TS, what will you do??

Im fine thanks, waiting to finish work on friday then im just waiting basically!! :coffee: will be nice to have some time off work before baby comes but im kind of almost ready to meet my baby now :baby:. Yup Loz, hoping to stay nice and active in labour and try out the pool!!

Loz, not too long for you either! Sooooo glad your home visit went well, sounds cool about the home water birth, do you think you will go for it??

xxx

They are putting in the new plumbing very soon. Hopefully it will be all finished today! Or at least most of it!

I hope the sciatic pain eases off soon Clo. Hopefully when you finish work it will feel better. I know when I went on maternity leave with my daughter I felt loads better!
Loz, that's great news about the home birth, and a very handy midwife!
TS I can't imagine having no water all this time, how hideous.
Kelly, Ginny, hope you are both ok today. Crayz, I hope Yeardley is doing ok.
The lucozade seems to have done the trick, I'm feeling a few little fists and feet now. I really ought to be ironing but I can't be arsed. :haha:
My latest craving - Rowntrees random sweets. Mmm.

Oooh randoms are yummy!

Mindy I really really hope they get it done today, pregnant ladies cannot be without water!

I was thinking about Crayz and Yeardley earlier, I expect they are super busy getting to know each other at this point, and will update us when they get a minute!

Yay for lucozade! And tiny fists :happydance: Not long at all now til the scan, I hope your Migglet is less awkward than my Lil Fella- I did NOT like having to be tipped almost upside down for the tech to get a head measurement!

Pretty sure I will at least attempt the water birth, though my labor was short with last baby, it did begin as a trickle in the morning when I woke, so for all I know, I could have been laboring for hours while I slept just not intensely enough to wake me, then woke up when the waters started to go, my only reason for deciding not to have water was the possible disappointment of getting it half full then delivering before its ready- but that works both ways I guess, I'd get annoyed if my labor was longer than anticipated and I didn't have the pool! Plus its only £121, which is just about affordable.

great news loz bout homebirth soooo happy for you

mrs glad you are feeling a little better today and feeling movement it mustbe so lovely i really hope i get to feel that

ts hope you get your water fixed by tonight fingers crossed

clobo i just relized how close you are waho

good to see you pichi

afm ate my first bite today in 4 days had two slices of cheese pizza so thats a good thing feel a little better today hope thats not a bad sign

Its a good sign Kelly, despite the feeling awful, we still have to eat! Expect to be randomly ravenous some days and not hungry at all other days.

I'm having a ravenous day!:munch:

Clobo, I forgot to mention earlier, it is really great that you are going off work soon. I think it is important to have a little time to yourself, to rest and get prepared, before baby comes. I hope you enjoy your time to the fullest. I hope your sciatica is doing ok today.

Kelly, I am happy to hear you are feeling well enough to eat today! That is great. :D

We have a toilet and a sink working now! Wooooo! Lunch break and then they are doing the shower and then the kitchen. The other bathrooms will wait a little but I don't really care right now. So happy to wash my hands just now! Haha!

loz ive had 3 bags of monster munch hell i love them

Yummy!

Mindy I'm soooo glad you have water again! :happydance:

Clo I don't know how you managed to work this long, I was working when pregnant with my first and got so huge and tired I went on mat leave at 28 weeks! :haha:

How are you, Pichi? I just realized that your new LO and Pixie's birthdays are very close. That is really neat. A great gift for a big sister!

it's going to be tight that's for sure! just hope that i can get Pixie's birthday over with before Mr Pea arrives - need to make a birthday cake and stuff :haha:

my new sewing machine arrived today :happydance: only ordered it yesterday at 2:40pm! it was here at my house at 11am! :thumbup:

mmmm all this talk of monster munch - could go for a bag of beef monster munch just now haah

I really hope he gives you the time you need!

Wow! That is really fast shipping! Do you do a lot of sewing? I used to love to sew but haven't done any for quite some time. I really have to make some ferret hammocks for a rescue I am a part of... I should get on that!

haha! Yes :)

I used to have pet ferrets until my allergies went crazy. :( I am still a part of a rescue and they sell the hammocks to raise money. Ferrets like to sleep in hanging things, generally. They will be super easy to make and my mom just gave me tons of fabric, I just haven't gotten the energy to pull out my sewing machine yet.

Now I MUST see a photo of a ferret in a hammock! That would make my day!!

Haha that's a funny yet cute picture to have in your head. Funnily i picture it sitting there with a glass of something in its paw like its on holiday :haha:

I've not sewn in a little while but im making all the nursery bedding/curtains :) I've been harping on a out it in my journal haha.

Here you go Mrs. M :)

my heart boys, Fawkes and Fred

https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm17/craftingiswhereitsat/IMG_1651.jpg

This is Fred and Ginny

https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm17/craftingiswhereitsat/IMG_2124.jpg

(I could post cute ferret pictures all day...)

Pichi, I will have to have a look at your journal. I have no idea how to sew any of those things. :) Are you planning to post some pictures when you get it done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->