Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Thank you Lozdi :hugs:

I have spent quite a bit of time today reading some PAL journals and it is really helping to see the good news there. Many tears at all the happy moments.

I feel for you Mindy. That 10 week milestone was tough for me too as the day I turned 10 weeks with my second loss was the day I woke up to blood. I got through thankfully, you have us here to support you. I can't believe how quickly your first tri is flying past.
I went to the hospital and to my surprise they scanned me. Everything was ok thank god, and I got chance to ask the midwife about the pelvic pain. She gave me some info on pelvic girdle pain and told me what to avoid if possible. Like lifting which isn't easy when you have a great big almost 3 year old who wants mummy to carry her a lot.
Loz you could well be right about the stomach muscles. After the hospital we went to a barbecue at a friends house and got back fairly late, and I didn't feel a lot of movement until I sat down finally on the sofa.

Thank you Mrs. M. :hugs:

I am just about to go to sleep now and I am really hoping I don't wake up to what I did the last time I got to 10 weeks. I don't feel like it, so I am going to take that as a good sign.

I can't believe how fast my first tri is going too! It is really crazy. I think the reason why it is flying for me is because we are off on summer holidays now and it always flies. I was actually really happy at how it worked out. I got pg right before we let out for summer and now the weekend before we go back I will be 13 weeks. :D We get 10 weeks off and it was at the perfect time.

We just got back in from the backyard. We were watching the meteor shower for a little while. It was so great to be out there with the dogs just lounging, wrapped in a blanket, watching the shooting stars.

I am off to bed now. I hope all you ladies are having a wonderful night and a great day tomorrow.

great to hear everything is all good MrsM :)

I think our little ones have lots of padding around them. Sometimes I feel bad for sleeping on my tummy - but I just can't help it and naturally go into that position during the night.

Thanks for the reassurance about DS too ladies :) He's 18 months old and very active. I read a toddler book I bought 6 months ago from a charity shop and felt better - the book agreed with you lot and that it's just a phase and he's not automatically destined to be a thug haha

hope you're all well, I have my scan tomorrow eek x

Hey ladies, hope everyone is ok :wave:

I think our babies can take more than we think although its obviouy still good to get checked out, there is a lot of padding in there, especially in the1st and 2nd Tri's. Yay for sneak peek at Migglet, did you get any piccys??

Ginny, dont worry about sleeping on your tummy, you will know when the time is right to stop, thats one think i really miss so make the most of it now!!

Mindy, im sure you will wake up to feeling fine, you have to stay positive and try not to compare this pregnancy with the last one chick, there is no reason why they should be the same in any way at all. Big :hugs:

Where has the sun gone today??? xxx

TS -:hugs: getting through those horrible milestone memories are hard but as mrsmig said we are here for you.

Ginny - I slept on my tummy till I really wasn't able to, make the most as I am struggling atm to get any decent sleep as no position is comfortable. What time is your scan tomorrow - exciting!!

clobo - sun must be somewhere else as its definately not with me

It's 2.30pm here - so I think you'll all be in bed, hopefully you'll hear good news from me when you wake up!

Ginny its 10.45 am here so most of us should be up and about. Although I am still lying in bed contemplating a shower!!

looking forward to your scan ginny will put your mind at rest xx

hope all you ladies are ok, im very sad at the min i have a 10 year old great dane and hes not been very well over the last couple of days and he really is going down hill im so sad dont want to lose him hes such a lovely boy

Pink I wonder if you would get along with my method of sleeping? I have one of those long pillows, which I bend into a v shape and use it so my head is in the valley of the V, and the ends I use to tuck under my neck and over my shoulder, when laying on my side- in addition to that, I use a full double duvet which I 'smoosh' up near the foot of the bed, with one corner extending out, that corner goes under my bump, propping it up, and between my knees, and my feet go on the smooshed up bit at the end, so they are slightly elevated even though I am on my side. Then I use a sheet to cover my body, because its too warm at the moment for a full quilt but my boys enter the room in the morning so don't want to be totally naked! The whole set up works wonderfully, because of the method of placing the full duvet and the long pillow, I can switch from left to right effortlessly without needing to rearrange my bedding every time, because the duvet stays put between my legs I just turn on over with it and bump is still supported. Honestly without that set up I would really really be struggling to get any comfortable sleep! Looks like an essay, but its really simple I am not always good at explaining stuff!

:hugs: Kelly :hugs: I am so sorry to hear of your dog. I dread the days when my boys get old. It just breaks my heart to think of what you are going through :hugs:

Ginny, I can't wait to hear your update! I know it is going to be wonderful news!

Thank you ladies :hugs: I woke up at nearly the exact same time as I did the last time too. :S It was all ok, though. I made it through the mornings so hopefully I will be able to be more positive now. I think I will put up a small ticker counting down until my scan and then I will replace it with one of those fruit ones!

Lozdi, your method of sleeping sounds interesting! I might have to borrow it sometime!

Clobo, how are you? Pink, how are you?

Speaking of the way you are sleeping, how long is it ok for me to sleep on my back? My hips are hurting so badly on my sides that I have been waking up on my back the past few mornings. I have heard after 16 weeks it is a no-no. I am still ok, right?

I hope you are all having a wonderful day :) I just had a piece of chocolate for breakfast... :haha:

Oh, one more question. Do you ladies still drink tea or coffee or anything with caffeine? I have been having one tea or coffee a week, but have been having chocolate nearly every day. I will also have a mouthful of coke every now and then. Sometimes coke is what I need to settle my tummy. I am doing harm like this?

I got the ticker to work finally, but I can't make it small. :dohh: Hopefully this doesn't make me too crazy. I will be counting down anyway, so I may as well have it on a ticker, right?

a ticker is a good thing to let you focus on :D
You can have the equivalent of 3 cups of tea a day I think it is? Maybe its 2 I can't remember hehe anyways- you'll be more than fine with the amount you've had. Its not tea and coffee that are my caffine fixes... Its fizzy drinks :/

Ginny Emily went through a phase of hitting and biting I used to go to all the mother and toddler groups and she was a terror. She thankfully grew out of it. It's awful though when other mams give you that look. I know it well.

Ts glad all was well when you woke this morning. My ladt mikestone was 11+4 when i started bleeding with my second loss. It's a feeling of achievement passing each of them.

Mrsmigg glad your ok after your fall. Scary stuff. Happy 20 weeks your halfway there. Whoo hoo.

Loz that sleeping regime sounds good I may try that soon.
As for the piercing debate I hate seeing it on little girls and boys for that matter. One of the girls in our mummy group had both her little boy and girls ears pierced at 18 months. They also wore heavy gold jewelry from being babies. I had a stand up row with her about it. I had mine pierced at 5yrs at my request I now have loads of them but still wont let emily have her ears done yet.

Kelly hope your dog pulls through. Hugs.

Afm pregnancy insomnia has left me alone for the past two nights Whoo hoo. Pregnancy headaches have returned not Whoo hoo.

Ginny - I can blame it on my lack of sleep :dohh: I will get on to the computer at work tomorrow afternoon to see your update!!

Loz - thanks so much, will give it a try. I do have one of those long body pillow and OH not so keen when it straight down middle of the bed 'separating us' but tough!

ts- glad today is going as well as it can and you are keeping the pma on such a tough day. It will soon be over and another milestone gone and your scan to look forward to. I have decaff coffee but still have chocolate and now in the last few weeks I have the odd can on coke zero.

Kelly - :hugs: hope your dog is okay. My mum has just lost both her dogs (13.5 and 14yrs old) within a few months and it is so hard, I really hope he pulls through.

Good luck tomorrow Ginny :hugs:

Kelly, aw mate im so sorry to hear your dog is unwell, its awful isnt it :hugs

Loz, sounds like you have a very full bed at night :sleep: I have a pillow but dont need it so much now, they are fab though, the best £45 i ever spent!!

Mindy, yay for ticker, i love counting down for things!!

Im fine thanks, lovely day today and no work tomorrow, yay!

xxx

Sorry I just focused on the sleeping thing earlier, I was sleepy!

Kelly I'm so sorry to hear your dog is unwell, are you going to take him to the vet? It may be something simple like a bug or flu? I don't really know what things affect dogs, wish I could be of more help. :hugs:

I went and took a massive nap today, and thought oh well I won't be sleeping long I won't bother with the set up, and just fell asleep normally on my side without all the sorting of blankets etc- and woke up 3 hours later in more agony than I ever experience from a 10+ hour sleep wit my duvet/pillow configuration in place! Absolute proof it works for me!

Pink you can tell OH not to worry, in the Loz Bump Support Sleeping System, the long pillow is not placed between the couple, but instead its utilized around the shoulders, offering support to the shoulders no matter what side you turn to! He can still snuggle up to you, or you to him. :happydance:

Mindy I only just stopped sleeping on my back recently- I am more comfy on my back but had to draw the line somewhere as the heavier I get the greater chance of sleeping on my back making me feel unwell, and baby too if the vena cava is squished. Apparently to actually compress the vena cava, you have to be lying very flat- I always had the duvet bunched up at the bottom of the bed to keep my feet elevated, the the long pillow in shoulder formation so was never actually completely flat.

I think I'm going to give myself the title Sleep Master! Its an art y'know!

My computer is having a wobble, its taking up to 10 minutes to scroll down a page, making typing extremely frustrating too by randomly not typing the keys I'm hitting. I hope its not going to implode.

Looking forward to seeing scan pic Ginny!

Clo your done with work now right? I forget...and don;t want to go back through the thread with my computer being so blooming sluggish.

Debzie- try having a tea or coffee to shift the headache, I found it would work for me really well.

I largely avoided caffeine in first tri except the odd cup of tea here and there (though usually decaff), I went off it, 2nd tri and onwards I liked it again, and will sometimes have 3 or 4 cups of tea in a day, less usually though if its humid like today.

Yup all done with work :yipee:

I only drink decaf tea but thats cos i started on it whilst TTC and havent changed back!!

Im going to bed in a mo to watch the end of the Olympics ceremony, im sleepy after all this pillow talk, hee hee xxx

Woohooo! No more work! Well until baby comes but thats a whole different type of work and much nicer than regular work! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->