Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Thanks for the advice about caffeine, ladies. I also have a weakness for fizzy drinks, coke being the culprit. I try to have no more than a few sips if I am going to have some - usually every 2-3 days. But, maybe once a week I will actually have a glass of coke. It seems something about the coke will help settle my stomach sometimes when nothing else will. Tea and coffee is really more of a once every 2 weeks or so thing since I usually drink hot stuff in the winter and it has been too hot lately. Decaf is ok? I have never had decaf tea before. Do you guys have any recommendations for decaf tea? The amount of coffee I drink doesn't really justify me buying decaf coffee.

Wooooooooo! Clobo!! No more work! That is really wonderful. I hope you enjoy your free time to the fullest until your little baby arrives. :D

Thanks for the advice about sleeping on my back, Lozdi. I try to keep a pillow under my knees when I lay on my back but it is never there when I wake up! Haha!

These just totally crack me up :)

https://www.icanhasinternets.com/2011/10/how-to-properly-handle-your-baby/358133_460s/

hey ladies - just a quick update while I have a moment. The scan went well and there is a little bean in there measuring exactly to my dates, so 6+5. They also found a heartbeat of 130bpm which they said was normal!

Will catch up with everyone else later on when I get home xx

Ginny, yay thats brilliant news chick, you must be so pleased :cloud9:

Mindy, that is hilarious, might have to print out and give to Ben!!!

xxx

kelly - sorry to hear about your great dane :( Is it your scan tomorrow? Hwo are you feeling about it?

Debz - I'm glad there's hope that Max will grow out of biting too!

TS - When I was pg with DS I had diet cokes a few times a week and I know that people go on about how diet coke is worse than coke etc etc. Maybe that's why he's a biter now :haha: just kidding

Some of you ladies are sooo close to the end! How exciting! I wonder who will be first :)

yesssssssssss ginny so pleased for you not looking forward to my scan tomorrow i will be 7+3 and not feeling hopeful

I bet everything will be fine! I'll be thinking of you x

Ginny that is great news!! :wohoo: I am so happy for you!!

Kelly, I know it is going to be great news for you tomorrow too! You are going to be sitting there with a big grin and happy tears. I just know it!

For those ladies with dopplers, what brand do you have?

I'm looking at buying one on ebay

yay for a wonderful scan Ginny!! I have the angelsounds one and it has been fine for me but I didn't get it till 12 weeks or so and I think others struggle before then with that brand.

Kelly - It always diffiult the days leading up to a scan. Just try to remember the last scan was on track but it is only natural to feel the worst to mentally prepare yourself. I won't help that you are also worried about your dog. Did you go to the vets today?

Kelly, before my last scan I was convinced that I was going to go in and they were going to tell me that was it was all over and I would need a d&c. Convinced 100%. Then I went in and the first thing I saw was the heartbeat. It was the best thing I have ever seen.

I know it will be ok for you :hugs:

Yay Ginny! Looking forward to seeing the pic! :happydance: My doppler is the HiBebe one, it doesn't have a bpm count (though some models do), but I didn't want one with a bpm count because they can cause more worry than relief! I heard baby's HB form 9w5d, the day my doppler arrived (also got it from ebay) I'm convinced I would have been able to hear it sooner, though would be reluctant to try too early for fear of annoying little beany! I found with the hi bebe doppler it was easier to find the HB by way of.....'twinkle dopplering!' You put the probe into your twinkle just half a centimeter or so, and angle it about til you find the HB, much like a trans vaginal scan, its much easier to find that way early- just don't chase baby around, because they don't like the dopplers at all, I would just listen to a few seconds of HB then switch it off.

Kelly it would be strange if you didn't have a bad feeling- I was convinced it would be bad news at my early scans too, now here I am with a mega bump with headphones on it and baby is dancing to Johnny Cash! :haha:

I think Clo and I might go at the same time, during the full moon! :haha: Full moon babies! :haha:

Whooo hoooo Ginny so pleased for you hun. I too jave a hibebe one I found babys heartbeat from 10 weeks when it too came from e bay. Mine Doesnot have the lcd display either. I also have an angel sounds which again picked up a hearbeat occaisionally from 10 weeks.

Kelly I agree with loz if you didn't feel worried there would be something wrong. I too eas convinced before all of my scans something went wrong. I'm sure everything will be fine. What time is it. X

I had my consultant appointment today. He is happy to hand me back to the midwifes until 36 weeks. I can have a vbac and has started me on low dose aspirin ( again) for my bp as I had pre eclampsia with Emily. I also habe to see those madwives (lol) every 4 weeks to monitor my bp. All is good.

Hey

Kelly, try not to worry my dear, i know how you feel though, after a mc scans are never the same again but just try and get an early night and do something to take your mind off it untill the time comes, we will all be sending positive vibes and im sure everything is fine :hugs:

Loz, remind me when the full moon is so I can plan! If only we had just a weeks timeframe, rather than what for us is now 5-6 weeks!!! :dohh:

xxx

Madwives! :haha::haha::haha:

I think full moon is 30/31st of august! :happydance:

I think you and Clobo will be having your beautiful babies then for sure!!

During the last full moon there was way more 'This is it' and 'That was it' threads on third tri than there is when the moon isn't full! :haha:

Ooh ill prepare for that weekend then, im due the 3rd anyway so that would be perfect!! It cant be the weekend before cos Ben is away for the night and im not keen on going overdue!! So we have just under 3 weeks to go then :baby:

:argh: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->