Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

I can't wait to see a bump pic, Mrs. M.! I bet you look as cute as always!

Thanks Mindy, but god I look bloody awful. I seem to have developed cellulite at the tops of my arms. I have NEVER had that before! I'm all arms and boobs and arse. It's not a pretty sight. With Edie I piled it on around this stage and lost it towards the end, I'm hoping I do again.

You were running before this pregnancy, right? I think you have nothing at all to worry about. I think you look great now (even though I haven't seen a picture since 18 weeks) and you will look great in 18 weeks and you will be a smoking hot mommy of 2 soon! :)

I'd just started running. I'd been doing it for about 8 weeks when I got my bfp, but I obviously haven't been doing any exercise (apart from the usual everyday activities) and been eating what I want and you can tell. I am usually quite active during the week as Mark has the car for work and I walk everywhere but as I've been struggling with pushing the buggy around and feeling exhausted I haven't been as active, I've been doing grocery shopping online and stuff.

I wish I could do grocery shopping online! That sounds great :)

I think that if you just started before your bfp you can start again :) I did the same. I plan to start running again once baby is here. There is a 10 mile race in July that I would love to make my goal. My friend lost her brother a few years ago and has since started raising money in memory of him to donate to Kids Sport and a group got together to run this past July and raised a lot of money. I want to be a part of that group next year. I don't know if 4 months will be enough time for me to get in shape to run 16 km but I can give it a try. A friend of ours started training for it and trained in only about that amount of time and did it and lost a ton of weight to boot! He is such an inspiration to me. I am really going to give it a try. I am actually thinking of getting a running stroller just to make sure I do it! Haha! Since they are about 2 times the money of a regular one (more than that actually... :dohh:) it should be good motivation.

https://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11712442 This is what I want. I know it is really early to be looking at this stuff but I am trying really hard to keep my PMA. Also, I am not ordering it yet! Maybe when we go to St. John's for our 3D scan we will get it then... Haha!

Anyway, that has really gone off topic... Haha! I am feeling really fat lately and this is how I am trying to feel better about myself. I know it is all for a good (the best!) reason and I know I am going to have the determination afterwards to lose it all again :)

Wow that's a serious piece of kit! I'm sure if you can train with that you'll soon build up to 10 miles in 4 months! Seriously though don't try to overdo it. Even if you complete the run but in a slower time than you normally would you will be pleased with yourself.

Oh, don't worry! Haha! I won't be running with the stroller too early with baby. I don't think you can run with a baby before it can sit up on it's on anyway. I plan to run on our treadmill until the snow goes and then when I can I will go outside. I doubt I will go with baby until after July anyway.

I really wish we had a treadmill. My plan is after Xmas get onto the 30 day shred then onto insanity O_O I've seen amazing results and coupling that with swimming twice a week and looking after practically 2 < 2 I won't have time to eat rubbish :haha:

MrsM im sure you look great! Remember how quick some of those lbs just fly off after having a baby :)

Sorry for the brief post - ill catch up better when not on the phone :)

arh mrs miggs ive missed you xx

well today i still feel totally rough like really bad ive lost so much weight as i just cant eat is this normal to feel this poo?

I'm sorry you feel so bad, Kelly :hugs: I hope you start feeling better soon!

Yes, we are going to get a 3D gender scan. They won't tell the gender here at the hospital so we have to pay to get it done. The only place to pay is the 3D place. I am so excited.

Pichi, we got the treadmill for Christmas last year. We put the money together from our parents and some of ours and got one. I didn't really use it until a few weeks before I got this bpf. I am looking forward to getting back on it. I am nervous about doing anything now. :dohh:

You are going to be so busy! Holy cow, 2 under 2!

I have put on 4 stone with this pregnancy! (56 lbs) :haha:

Kelly I know how you feel, after mmc its very scary to be in the first tri, especially if your mmc had symptoms. When I look back, my symptoms all faded around the time my mmc happened, and didn't come back like they did with this pregnancy. Dopplers are sanity savers! (But can be scary if baby is a hider)

i think i will get a doppler you can hire them so maybe thats what ill do for a bit

i put just over 2 stone on with Pixie and lost that in like 2-3 weeks! O__O if only weight fell of that fast all the time :haha:

kelly; if you hire a doppler you're more likely to get a better one if you know what i mean? so maybe hiring is a good idea :D some people get really sick in pregnancy - especially in 1st tri :hugs: wish you didn't feel so sick though. Must be awful :(

T_S technically Pixie will be just 2 and no more so it'll be like 2 under 3 lol

Pixie will just barely be 2. My gosh! You are going to be so busy. What will Pixie think if the new LO ends up sharing her birthday?

My joints are getting so sore. I tried 2 nights with my big pillow but didn't use it last night because I wasn't sleeping really well with it either. Well, last night the pain in my hips was so bad I was shaking trying to turn over :( I hope I can find a comfy way to sleep soon!

Also, is it normal for my legs to be really itchy? It isn't constant, thankfully! But, once or twice a day I will get a few spots on my legs that are really itchy. My bbs are also itchy but that seems to make more sense to me. I am scared to use my bio oil. :( I was using it before my mmc. I am sure it is perfectly safe since it is marketed towards pg women. I am just being silly :dohh:

Sorry for complaining so much. I am having a sicky day and I am moaning today :( I suck.

11 weeks tomorrow and I am afraid I will wake up like I did the first time at 10 weeks. My PMA is slipping tonight :cry: I have to fight to get it back tomorrow.

I hope you are all well.

Mindy, id go ahead and use your bio oil, don't worry it won't cause the same thing to happen, I worried the same with the Mama Mio oil I used last year but I've been using it this time too. Remember stay positive and take one day at a time! :hugs:

xx

The bio oil is fine but I totally understand the caution. I was wary about wearing some maternity jeans that I had worn with my last pregnancy this time round, even though I had worn them when I was pregnant with Edie.
Kelly I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy. It is normal, it is a good sign, but it's still horrible. I'm still feeling pretty rubbish most of the time, and this is the bit we are supposed to sail through! I think I'm exhausted from our week away and the stress of the family bereavement. Also Mark is NOT very good at playing the sympathetic daddy to be. In fact he is bloody rubbish. He has taken Edie out shopping this morning and looked pretty miffed when I said I didn't want to go, even though I haven't had a lie in for months, and never, ever get any time to myself.

Thanks ladies. :hugs: Probably I will use it tonight before bed, then.

Mrs. M., I didn't even want to wear the same underwear I was wearing when I took mm for my mmc. I know how you feel. I'm sorry Mark isn't being very supportive. I hope you were able to get a little extra rest this morning. Hopefully just being home and not out around for a few days will help you feel better. I think you should take naps every time Edie takes a nap for the next week! That should hopefully help some. :hugs:

I'm ok, Kelly, thanks. :hugs: I am actually cramping a little right now and that has me stressed. It isn't all that bad, and to be honest, I can't completely tell if it isn't my bowels making me feel this way. :( Darn IBS. I don't think it is, I think it is my uterus, but I am feeling a little sick right now too, so who really knows! :wacko: How are you doing today? I hope you are feeling a little better. Hopefully the closer you get to 2nd tri the better you will feel since the placenta takes over soon.

A friend of mine has 3 under 2. They are run ragged! An almost year old plus one year old twins, all boys!

Mindy I am pretty sure random itching isn't bad, but if it gets really intense speak to a midwife about it. My belly itches quite alot, but its being stretched to the max right now, so I'm putting it down to that! Cramping is still normal, remember it has an awful lot of stretching to do!:hugs:

Mrs Miggins sorry your not getting the fabled 2nd tri boost yet- didn't get mine til late either, and then it didn't last very long at all :dohh:

OH scared the heck out of me this morning, he went to bed early last night complaining of a headache, then woke me at 6 am to tell me his headache was so bad he was going to the hospital in half an hour if the painkillers didn't fix it, he then went and threw up really violently, so much so I could hear him from our room, and the bathroom is the furthest room away. Luckily the headache did go away when the painkillers kicked in but my goodness he had me panicking. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->