Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

:wave: hi ladies im here so sorry ive been away solo my great dane passed today so sad trying to be strong,ive been having cramps today is that normal at 9 weeks? i hope i havent stressed myself out too much... i just want to say thankyou so much for thinking of me you are all so caring its crazy and your prob think im a softy but i kinda love you guys and feel close to you as kinda feel youve been there when times are hard thankyou xxxx:cry:

Oh Kelly. I am SO sorry. :hugs: I wish I could come there and give you a big hug in real life. Run free at the Rainbow Bridge beautiful Solo.

I have still been having cramps. I think they are completely normal as long as there is no blood. :hugs:

Oh Kelly I'm so sorry! :cry: Were you with him at the end? Its so hard to say goodbye :cry: We love you too! We are all big softie's here. I will light my candle for Solo, its the same candle I lit for Kitty maybe they will meet over the rainbow bridge and can chase each other (in a nice way of course!) and curl up in the sunlight over there. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes the cramps are normal, they will likely carry on for some time, but its all good, means things are stretching as they should. Just think your baby has an amazing guardian angel now in the form of Solo. :hugs:

He is such a handsome old man, Kelly. Thank you for sharing the picture of him.

Lozdi, that is such a wonderful thought, a beautiful dog guardian angel. My sister lost her dog a little over a month ago. I should tell her your idea. She is due at the end of November.

(and now I am crying again. Boy, these hormones are kicking my butt. That plus dogs are my whole heart and I can't think of one passing without crying.)

thanks ladies yes i was with him it was nice as he loves the sunshine and he spent the whole morning laying out in the sun on the grass. hes been fading for couple of weeks now was horrid seeing him fade abit more each day oh went down the field and burried him and as he closed paddock gate he turned round and there was a ray of sunshine shining right on his grave oh had tears in his eyes.
i like the idea of a guardian thankyou ladies xxx

just read back and it made me smile the pic loz of your oh in the que with the lady things wicked

Big hugs Kelly losing a beloved dog or cat is so hard, but Loz's sentiment is perfect, your gaurdian dog up above. Gorgeous pic of him. Also just to add add more reassurance, cramps totally normal.

ts - I briefly joined a Nov due thread (before this one) but like you found it difficult to get to know them and here I already knew nearly everyone so feel 'at home'. I haven't been back to the ttcal thread for a while after getting upset/frustrated with the same person.

Loz - I had the odd wine craving early on but not so much now. I went to my boss's 50th birthday party with my OH last week and the number of people that asked me if I as the one driving tonight - well yes duh!

clobo - new moon babies!! That would be fab for you both!

afm - not going to be able to move tomorrow after more painting (bookshelf this time) and helping OH with the new skirting/door architrave. OH off with the bank holiday but I am at work as its not one here in Scotland -boo. Just had a lovely foot rub from him as my feet are killing me this evening.

That's it! It just proves that we have to have a new baby thread and a parenting thread and everything else so we can all talk to each other! Haha!

Pink, that foot massage sounds lovely. I hope you have an easy day at work tomorrow. Too bad you don't have it off :(

Aw Kelly sorry to hear your news of your dog :( its so sad when a pet passes ,:( he'll be having a ball in the big park in the sky im sure :) and what an awesome guardian your rainbow will have!

Pink hope its an easy day at work tomorrow for you :)

I know this is NOT a bump, it is all pudge and bloat but my god! I look at least 5 months already!

I'm glad my family and my in-laws live so far away! I don't plan to tell them until at least 15 weeks. Maybe a little later... So glad my usual work tops are very loose fitting!

Attachments

• 12 weeks.jpg
    12 weeks.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 12
kelly - so sorry to hear your sad news :( hope you're OK x

TS - looks like a little bump to me :) very cute!

Sorry for being quiet in here ladies. I have been reading everything and keeping up, but I've just been a bit scared to post lately. Basically I'm scared that I'll get to 12 weeks and then have to say goodbye to everyone :(

I also have a bit of a confession.... I had a scan last Wednesday because I still had a referral from the other GP I saw before I could get into see my regular GP. I got it done because of that day of spotting I had and because I'm a bit crazy at the moment and the referral was too tempting not to use.

So I had the scan when I was 8 weeks exactly (I'm 8+5 today). I measured 1-2 days behind, which wouldn't usually worry me, but I measured exactly to one day ahead at my previous scan. So bubs has slowed down growing a bit I guess? The heart rate had gone up to 180bpm - which I hope isn't too high.

They also found a small pocket of bleeding - as soon as she started measuring I knew what it was as I had a SCH in my last pregnancy. I'm not too worried about this as it possibly explains the spotting and I know they're fairly common. Weird how the other scan didn't pick it up though?

Anyway, I haven't told anyone else because I feel a bit embarrassed about it. I know I can have 100 scans and it's not going to change the outcome of anything.

Just because your baby now measures a couple days behind doesn't mean anything, measuring something that small is not an exact science, two different techs could measure your baby on the same day and get slightly different measurements. And my little guys heartrate was 189 when I had a scan at 9 weeks due to some bleeding I had :) so I think 180 is well within the normal range. In fact the high heartrate had me convinced he was a girl, LOL, but nope a healthy active little boy!

When I had my scan at 8+1 the tech took 3 measurements. 2 measured 8 weeks exactly (one day behind) and one measured 8+1. I think a day or 2 is probably like Twinkle said, just a difference in measurements. :hugs:

I forgot to mention Shawn and I are babysitting tomorrow. :eek:

Our friends are going out of town for a little while tomorrow and are going to drop their one year old daughter at 7:30. I am so scared. Haha! I have never babysat before and I have never changed a diaper before! I told Shawn he has to be on diaper duty. I will let you know how I survive. Haha! I am already stressing to the max!

hi ginny lovely to hear from you i know how you feel im dreading my 12 week scan.
ts im sure your have a ball babysitting give you a taste of life to come xx
i dont feel so rough today been feeling rough for weeks now!!!!

Hi ladies, first I'd like to say thank you so much for making this thread it has really helped increase my PMA!
We weren't actively TTC but found out 14/7/12 we were pregnant with #3 but sadly started bleeding 19/7/12, had early scan at 7 weeks following day which confirmed it was MMC (my 2nd MMC + ectopic Dec 09) and we were devastated! Not had a period since but did have a +ovulation test on 9/8/12 followed by +preg test on 23/8/12 (2 days before period due using MMC as LMP). I am so worried that this one won't stick either :( We already have 14 yo & 18 mo beautiful girls but this one would just complete us perfectly!
I spoke to a lovely lady at the EPU and they reassured that it was a new pregnancy (first response said it was probably hcg left over from MMC) as they got a neg preg test on day of my scan. They said to keep a check (bit gutted they didn't offer me bloods) and get back to them beg of Sept when they would scan me!

I'm actually 6 weeks 1 day this Friday coming so going to be cheeky and phone today and see if they will book me in so I don't have to wait!

hi lu lu welcome to our thread the ladies on here are amazing and you will grow to love them i have wobbles every day and there always there just waiting to reassure me xx

ginny if it helps you any Mr pea's measurements fluctuated depending on how hard the scan lady was pressing on my tummy making a difference of a few days. as long as it's + or - 3 or 4 days it's all good :) i'm sure your little jellybean is growing nice and strong in there :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->