Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Morning Pink, well at least the weather is crappy so you wont have to worry about having to hide your support stockings under trousers in the sun!! :rain: Yes loads of time for baby to turn around and by the time you are ready to pop they will be nicely head down ready to come out!!

Im feeling fine so far today thanks, made Ben get up and see to Lola so I could get up more slowly today and see if more relaxing day means I dont get those horrible feelings later this afternoon!

xxx

Welcome rashaa sorry for your losses, feel free to rant and rave and be supported on the PMA train.

Ginny how awful some people are so cruel.

Pink loving the sexy support stockings but so what if they work. Chris just was talking about when I was pregnant with Emily we bought loads of neutral clothes and I got sick of them, wanting her in Pink. Lots of stuff did not get worn (I still have them though) same for the nursery and cot bedding etc it was all beige. Dont get me wrong I love seeing newborns in white, I hate seeing them dressed in jeans etc. I had forgot about going out and buying loads more stuff. The other reason is if it is a girl he can get his head around it as he wants a boy.

With Edie I just bought the basics - vests, socks, babygros, hats, then when she was born the presents came flooding in, all the little pink outfits! Most of them were 0-3 months and too big so once we were out of hospital we had a shopping trip and bought her a few more little outfits. I've decided I'm going to get a few vests and bits this week.
Pink those stockings look nice, you will feel better in those when you are going out. My baby is transverse as well, is that normal at this stage? I may have to do some googling.
Ginny, sorry the conversation with your aunt made you feel uncomfortable. The "it's for the best" conversations always upset me too.
Loz, Clobo, getting very excited for you two ladies now! Loz I can't believe you are almost due. It doesn't seem long at all since you were horrifying me with tales of your speculum :haha:

I went a little mad with buying things for emily. I have learnt my lesson. Plus this time around we have nowhere to put anything as we have a two bedroom house. After my 20 week scan I will have to look at my baby stash and see what I have.

Wonder if any of you have experienced this. I really don't Fancy eating at the moment. Nothing tastes good I have fine from a one woman eating machine to forcing myself. Seems I have stayed feeling nausea too again. Any tips?

I've had that on and off a lot Debz. I've felt peckish but most things just don't appeal to me. I've just had what I've fancied, which has been a lot of peanut butter on toast, meat paste and crisp sandwiches (I know, yuck) and compensated by eating loads of good stuff when I have felt more normal. It tends to come in bursts rather than be constant.
I've got a bit of an upset stomach today and I don't know what I want or what might help it :-(

Aw MrsMig, I got the odd bout of nausea too, usually when i was really hungry! I ate a lot of bowls of various cereals!!

I think thats one of the things im glad about not finding out the sex, means we just have neutral/green/red baby gros and thats about it, I can go shopping afterwards and get some cute things but i too prefer babies in babygros till they are a bit older!!

xxx

hey ladies,
where is loz today hope lil fella is behaving ,
my symptons dont seem as bad today im a little worried

Hopefully you are just having a good day Kelly! It's a shame we don't actually get to enjoy them isn't it?

its poo im starting to feel like im hung over again lol longest hangover ive ever had with not drinking and my headaches are mega

Kelly - my MS has almost disappeared completely for the past 2 days. Strangely I'm taking this as a good sign that maybe my placenta is starting to take over a bit because I think that starts happening around 9 weeks. I had horrible MS almost nonstop with the last pregnancy, so maybe my placenta never took over properly?

Debzie - how about smoothies? at least you can still get some good stuff in ya and it might not feel like you're actually eating as much

I lived on peanut butter and jam on toast with DS. I also had concocted this mexcian 3 layer dip which was basically avocado, beans and sour cream and ate sooo much of that. Don't think I've made it since he was born haha

Ginny don't stop the asprin. My instincts are yelling at me to yell at you to keep taking it! Plus if you suspect your placenta failed with your loss then thats all the more reason to keep taking that asprin! A nurse saying 'yes stop it' is NOT in my opinion nearly enough reason to go against your own gut instinct, especially as low dose asprin is not at all harmful!

I woke up today (not this morning, it was more like 2:30 pm lol) rolled over, and thought to myself...Clo could pop today! It was my first thought! :haha:

When I approached 10 weeks with this pregnancy, my MS buggered right off, and didn't come back til I was 16 weeks, not sure why it came back, but it going did coincide with the placenta take over point.

The eating thing got me too, periods of not really fancying anything in particular, luckily its not a problem I'm having at the moment, the slightest food suggestion and I WANT IT! Going to have cheesy beans on toast shortly.

Lil Fella was transverse for a while, I told him don't think your getting out of there sideways mister! He is engaged now according to the midwife, 3/5. I feel sorry for him, he keeps trying to stretch out his leggies but theres just not enough room. They don't really worry about position til you hit 36 weeks, then they like to see baby head down ready for lift off!

Pains in my *body part we won't mention infront of Mrs Miggins* are still going on! Ohhh I want to check it! I'm resisting til saturday!

Kelly I felt poo until 10 weeks then improved and felt totally normal hungry but normal.

I think I will just have to go with what I feel like which at the moment is not much. Going to try fantastically tonight. Still feeling sick and Soooo moody. I've been snapping at Emily all day. Didn't help we had to go uniform shopping.

Loz glad your getting some rest. Not long to go now.

Kelly - I had the horrible hungover all day ms till just before my 10 week scan when it started to subside due to the placenta taking over. I still had the odd day afterwards with the nausea and even now, like Debzie have days where I could eat for England or don't fancy anything at all.

I am not worried about being transverse, although I think for first time mums they like things to have moved by 32 weeks (from googling they say only 10% babies are transverse by 32 weeks). Second+ pg's tend to move a bit later. I am sure he will do as he is told, your too mrsmig!

I bought the tights, although expensive they will be worth it. More painting today, getting a bit fed up now with it now. I might leave the rest for OH and just do the emulsion on the walls when he has finished the glossing.

ok prob really silly question but want to understand so what do you mean when you say its the placenta taking over?whats it taking over from please dont think me stupid lol

Up until 9-12 weeks the corpus leuteum ( the ruptured folical after ovulation) produces and regulates the hormones you need to sustain the pregnancy after this time the placenta takes over production. This is more precise in the production. Kelly no question is silly hun.

At first, the corpus luteum where your egg came from produces the hormones to keep the pregnancy going, and around 10 weeks the placenta fully takes over that function, and starts to make the progesterone instead of the corpus luteum, and for a lot of women, 10 weeks is when the pattern of symptoms change, so stands to reason that its because the placenta has taken over. Placentas are amazing!

Kelly none of your questions are ever stupid, I assure you :flower:

Kelly, I wouldn't worry too much about connecting your MS to the placenta taking over - it's just one theory and i'm using it to keep up my own PMA. Lots of women never have MS or keep having MS well after 12 weeks and go on to have healthy babies, so it's just one of those general ideas, not hard and fast rules :)

Loz, I think you got Kelly and I mixed up :) I'm not taking aspirin, but I'm pretty sure Kelly is.

Very true. I had no MS at all with my daughter, this time I had it until 18 weeks. I also had it with both my losses. No rhyme or reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->