Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

seems like i have the most inconsiderate oh ever, ok i know its wrong from my part that we havent dtd, but i really have been feeling so awful well hes been bringing it up lots now to the point where hes just being horrid now and making me feel awful i just want an easy life and hes being such a pig and even turned round and said if its guna be like this he cant see it working now that hurt with the worry of now my symptoms seemed to have all but gone i feel totally terrible. why are men so horrid sometimes or is it just my oh

oh god that's awful! tell him that he's being such an arse and needs to grow up. he should know how you're feeling at the moment especially with a loss and telling you things like that are not going to make things better!

Kelly pardon my french but what a prick. He should be understanding if anything. My consultant put me on pelvic rest (no sex) up until after my 12 week scan. Many of us just dont feel like doing it the entire pregnancy. Im sorry but him of all people given his problems should understand. Tell him that its normal and not just you. Sorry hun if thats a bit harsh but please do not blame yourself its not wrong on your part. If you want to get technical with him, sex can cause miscarriage, the contractions in the womb and also the prosterglandin hormones (hormones that initiate labour) can bring on labour. Not to worry you but that is why some consultants do advise you not to do it. hugs, and ramblings. x

sex can be just downright uncomfy in pregnancy too - this time around i could count the amount of times on 1 hand :blush: he's just thinking of himself and his needs :nope:

like debzie said, don't blame yourself. you shouldn't feel you need to do anything you don't want to either

thanks ladies it makes me feel better knowing that its not me being selfish i had started to doubt myself untill you guys said hes just being a pig thanks for your support xxxxxxxxxxx

Men can be so inconsiderate sometimes, I really think they just don't get it. Just try and remind him that you're not in the right frame of mind at the moment to dtd and does he really want to do it with someone who's not into it?

Hi ladies. Sorry I went missing again.

I am really stressed about my scan tomorrow and the fact that I have stopped the aspirin. I just don't know what to do. Shawn and I had a discussion about it this morning and I am going to request to be sent to the ob/gyn as soon as I can get in. My regular dr can't request clotting tests so I want to see the ob/gyn to get the test done. Like I said before, I really feel in my heart that the first mmc was because I didn't stop eating all gluten. I don't know for sure but that is what I feel. I have no idea if it could have been my placenta, I have no idea how I would know.

It has been 3 days (today is the 4th) without aspirin and I don't feel any different. I don't have any heart palpitations. I just don't know. 2 drs told me they do not want me taking baby aspirin after 12 weeks. I don't know. I just don't know.

I hope you are all well.

Kelly, I'm sorry your OH is acting like a complete jerk. I don't blame you for not wanting to dtd. I hope you can reason with him.

I'm sorry I am missing a lot :(

Kelly, I wouldn't worry too much about connecting your MS to the placenta taking over - it's just one theory and i'm using it to keep up my own PMA. Lots of women never have MS or keep having MS well after 12 weeks and go on to have healthy babies, so it's just one of those general ideas, not hard and fast rules :)

Loz, I think you got Kelly and I mixed up :) I'm not taking aspirin, but I'm pretty sure Kelly is.

Baby brain! Its Mindy isn't it whose been told to stop asprin at 12 weeks. I knew I'd get mixed up eventually! *goes to read through latest posts*

Kelly he is being childish, I understand a man has needs, but so does a woman, and a part of a womens needs are to feel supported by their OH!

Mindy, ask them WHY precisely they don't want you taking it past 12 weeks, if they can't give you a solid sound reason, then you just keep taking it! I would hazard a guess that they are just saying stop it so that if anything were to go wrong they aren't liable for letting you take something thats not routinely prescribed during pregnancy. But then you have to consider your point of view...if you don't take it and something does go wrong (unlikely) then its you left questioning your decisions. Thats what made my mind up on taking the asprin, the potential what-ifs.

Announcement: MY ROOF IS FIXED AS OF THIS MORNING! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:happydance::happydance: NO more leaky ceiling!

Thank you Lozdi. I will probably start taking it again. Shawn is nervous too now, after our talk this morning. I hate this!

I am SO happy for you!! Yay for a fixed roof!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Loz, yay for fixed roof, just in time!!!!

Mindy, aw chick id deffo take the advice to ask your doctors why they put you on it and have now asked you to stop, i dont know much about it so wont give any advice myself but sending you lots of PMA and :dust: for your scan tomorrow.

Kelly, so sorry your OH is beig this way, definitely explain to him that for the first 12 weeks they generally advice no sex if you have had a mc before just as a precaution. After that I think its mostly considered ok but obviously only if you feel like it. Ben and I have only done it once since being pregnant at around 20 weeks, then i wanted it and he didnt, now neither of us wants it! We make sure we still hug and kiss and tell each other we love each other and things will get back to normal after the baby. Big hugs :hugs:

xxx

It will be nice to have a bath without needing a fast escape strategy thats for sure!!

39 weeks 3 days Clo.....and full blue moon tonight! I refuse to pop til at least the 1st of september! Hows the tightenings?

Oh my gosh SO SO close now, Clobo! How exciting!! Come on Blue Moon baby!!

I will definitely ask my dr when I go next week. I will also work up the courage to call the Fertility clinic again. I feel bad for bothering them. But, I guess my baby's health is the most important thing. :wacko:

Kelly - I am so mad at your OH. What Debzie said in her first sentance is how I feel. After everything he has put you through with his problems then he has a cheek to be so horribly demanding. I am so annoyersd I had to rewite this post as I kept putting the CAPS on!! It is a scary though dtd after mc never mind feeling to bloody rough. How would he feel if you demaded it when he was had man fluu for weeks on end. Tell him to wind his neck in, he should be supporting you in this.

TS - :hugs: Everything I have read has led me to think Aspirin has the potential to help and the very least doesn't cause any real problems as many RE/obs do see to suggest it of rcmc even when there are no specific clotting issues. As loz says, ask specifically why they want you to stop backed up by research. Any run up to a scan is nrerve racking without the worry of stopping the aspirin.

Hi to everyone else, just a quick one as at work.

afm - I got my blood results back, glucose absolutely fine. FBC showed the heamaglobin just under the lower level of normal 11.8 (range from 12 - 16) and my HCT is just under too. It is not that much under so I hope they don't insist on Fe tablets but is a big-ish drop from a few months ago when it was 13.8. I'll wait and see if I hear anything.

That is really good news about your glucose test, Pink :) I hope you don't need Fe tablets if you don't want to take them.

Pink your using professional terms and confusing me! :haha: Is it your iron thats slightly under?

Ts its understandable that you are worried. I too was worried wjen i stoppef it at 6 weeks when they found the bleed. I was bricking it when I. stopped progesterone too. Good luck with the scan.

Kelly you are welcome hun.

Loz yeah for celing repair Whooo hooo.

Clo bring on those contractions.

Pink I recommend spatone liquid iron supplement it didn't make me as constipated as the tablets and you can get it on prescription.

Afm had my 16 week midwife appointment just in and out as all was normal. Bp is behaving too.

Loz- missed your earlier post YAY for having your ceiling fixed. Does that mean you can have a nice bath and relax with out the thought of seeing stars (In all senses!) Fe is Iron, FBC is full blood count where they check all bits of your blood, sorry was in work mode. Yes my haemoglobin and hematocrit (the amount of red blood cells in the blood) is just under normal levels.

Debzie - I'll ask about the stuff you mentioned as I don't need any further help with constipation!! Glad your fast mw visit was okay and yay for good bp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->