CD 1 OCTOBER 27 (Anyone With Me?)

I should probably lose a few pounds too!
Oh well at least i thought about it (it's the thought that counts right?) :rofl:

LOL ya, I've been thinking about it for over a year hehe :rofl:

Actually, I used to be really small, a size 4/6 (US size, not sure what it is in other countries), but now I'm a 14/16!! I went from 140's to now 180. That is 40 pounds gained, but most of that was medication weight gain, which I have learned is the hardest to get off.

I have no excuse, I just LOVE food! he he

Hi Ladies!

Hope you are all doing ok

My cycle seems to be getting a little shorter.Yipee!
Makes that 2ww a bit less time to wait. Positive opk yesterday and a 30 day cycle last month.

I would never of thought I would actually be pleased about something like that!

Brill grumpymoo! We have the same 2ww then!! :D

YAAAAAY YOU, Dan-O! That's the kind of no-questions-about-it POSTIVE OPK that I'm waiting for!!! And it looks like you're getting a lot of action in this month, too! Gearing up for that :bfp:! WOOHOOO!!!

DAN-O, do you hold your pee for 4 hours before doing the OPK? I try to, cutting my liquids down to almost nothing 2 hours before. It's hard, though! I have a tiny bladder! Is 4 hours preferred, or just 2? I keep getting mixed information...

Yes I have been seriously molesting my dear chap!!! :blush:

Unfortunately disaster struck last night & we fell asleep before we managed to dtd (both worked really hard on our house yesterday) & this morning he was too grumpy to have a go before he went to work. He's promised some action later but won't be home until after 10. I think I've probably already ovulated anyway, but no harm in a bit of extra action shhhhh ;)
This egg should be fairly well covered, but if not there is always next time. If my cycles are going to be this short, I don't mind waiting so much, lol!!

I find that when my OPK's turn positive most pee will give a good result, unless I've drunk a lot of water or a beer, then the line is lighter.
Afternoon & evening when I haven't drunk much is usually best, but not necsessarily held in for a long time :)

The problem is you need to drink plenty to help make more fertile mucus, you can't win! pmsl

Ohhh and the CM you talk about, I get the exact same thing right before it turns watery/eggwhite! I have no idea how to report it on FF either??

Morning, Dan-O!

Thanks for the info on your OPK testing--it's nice to hear from someone you know who's done it and gotten a positive OPK, rather than read all the info online and not know what to make of it.

And my CM was DEFINITELY transitioning. I have a ton of EWCM now--I finally know what it is, thanks to consistent checking, and I have a TON of it, thanks to my B-Complex!

Speaking of which...B6 is supposed to lengthen your LP if it's short. Here's what my friend--a self-proclaimed research whore--explained:

They say it makes LP longer for women sometimes. Let me explain why - it is supposed to promote the health of the follicle, thus the corpus luteum too. The healthier follicle should pop off when it is mature and the corpus luteum produces better and longer lasting progesterone, thus lengthening the LP of women whose follicles would pop off too soon (immature) or too late (too mature). If your eggs are already healthy and popping off at the right time, it probably won't do diddly squat for it!!!!

Also--the B6 WAAAAAY increased the amount of CM for me within a matter of DAYS. It helps the whole...don't drink, because you have to take an OPK test but drink lots for the CM dilemma. :)

I can't wait to join you in the 2WW! I wish I was there already! Come on...I want a positive OPK today!!!

Speaking of which...B6 is supposed to lengthen your LP if it's short. Here's what my friend--a self-proclaimed research whore--explained:

They say it makes LP longer for women sometimes. Let me explain why - it is supposed to promote the health of the follicle, thus the corpus luteum too. The healthier follicle should pop off when it is mature and the corpus luteum produces better and longer lasting progesterone, thus lengthening the LP of women whose follicles would pop off too soon (immature) or too late (too mature). If your eggs are already healthy and popping off at the right time, it probably won't do diddly squat for it!!!!

Also--the B6 WAAAAAY increased the amount of CM for me within a matter of DAYS. It helps the whole...don't drink, because you have to take an OPK test but drink lots for the CM dilemma. :)

I can't wait to join you in the 2WW! I wish I was there already! Come on...I want a positive OPK today!!!

Are you talking about taking a vitamin B6 or something else? If so, how much per day to take for this?

I take 'pregnacare' mainly for the folic acid, but it has a multivit including b-vits in too.
My LP is still on the short side (11/12 days) & I've been taking the pregnacare every day for at least 2 months, mind you this cycle might be better, you never know!

I notice I am having my 3rd charted cycle with a 'slow rise' in temps after ov though, I do wonder if my progesterone is still a bit out of whack (I blame the BC)

I started evening primrose oil as well this cycle & got a much better drop before ov & a lot more fertile mucus, so maybe that has balanced my estrogen a bit :)

Doctor said I have to wait for another 3 cycles before she will even think about looking into my hormones. She did admit it sounded like I have lower progesterone than the ideal but reckons my hormones will balance themselves eventually. Trouble is, my bio clock is ticking..... LOUDLY!!!!

I would like to get preg pretty quickly, so I either have time still have time to think about having another one before my eggs run out... or if anything goes wrong I will have time to conceive at least one child!

I kind of wish I'd thought about this & had my implant removed sooner now, I was sooooo nieve thinking getting preg would be easy.

Anyway enough whinging, how is everyone today? :)

Hi Ladies!

Hope you are all doing ok

My cycle seems to be getting a little shorter.Yipee!
Makes that 2ww a bit less time to wait. Positive opk yesterday and a 30 day cycle last month.

I would never of thought I would actually be pleased about something like that!

Happy for you!! Hoping you get a :bfp: this cycle! :hug:

I take 'pregnacare' mainly for the folic acid, but it has a multivit including b-vits in too.
My LP is still on the short side (11/12 days) & I've been taking the pregnacare every day for at least 2 months, mind you this cycle might be better, you never know!

I notice I am having my 3rd charted cycle with a 'slow rise' in temps after ov though, I do wonder if my progesterone is still a bit out of whack (I blame the BC)

I started evening primrose oil as well this cycle & got a much better drop before ov & a lot more fertile mucus, so maybe that has balanced my estrogen a bit :)

Doctor said I have to wait for another 3 cycles before she will even think about looking into my hormones. She did admit it sounded like I have lower progesterone than the ideal but reckons my hormones will balance themselves eventually. Trouble is, my bio clock is ticking..... LOUDLY!!!!

I wanted to get preg pretty quickly, so I either have time still have time to think about having another one before my eggs run out... or if anything goes wrong I will have time to conceive at least one child!

I kind of wish I'd thought about this & had my implant removed sooner now, I was sooooo nieve thinking getting preg would be easy.

Anyway enough whinging, how is everyone today? :)

I hope you do get pregnant soon! I'm off to bed! :hug:

Hi Ladies!

Well it looks like most of us have been busy:sex::sex::sex:

This is my first month of using OPKs and yesterday I POAS and it was so very nice to see 2 lines. My first time ever! Even if it's not an HPT it's so much nicer than seeing :bfn:

It wasn't quite as dark as control line, but pretty close - doing another as soon as I have to pee again. But we bd'd yesterday and today so hopefully we catch the eggie. Odd but I haven't had any EWCM - but haven't been as diligent at looking for it with the opks.

We are gonna get lots of BFPs ladies. I can feel it!:dust:

So I just did another opk and it's way lighter (almost not there) than yesterday. How many days do you normally get +opk? I so badly want to catch that eggie.....but am very new to this OPK stuff. Should i stop testing now? Should I keep bd'ing?

Hi hopeful! Have you been temping too? It's the best way to confirm ovulation, but can only tell you after you've ovulated.

I do the OPK's as well, like you, so I know beforehand when I'm likely to ovulate.
I find they become dark last thing at night the day before they go positive, then positive for about 24 hours or less. I do get the EWCM as well though.

I have had them go almost postive once & I didn't ovulate, they went dark again a few days later & I did. It was like my body didn't quite et the egg out so gave it another go!!

I'd treat any dark line as potential for ovulation though, deffo! Good luck! xx

PS. I'd deffo keep testing if you can :)

So I just did another opk and it's way lighter (almost not there) than yesterday. How many days do you normally get +opk? I so badly want to catch that eggie.....but am very new to this OPK stuff. Should i stop testing now? Should I keep bd'ing?

If I were you (and I have learned this myself) I would baby dance as much as possible during ur fertile days. Which is from 18-12 days before your expected AF. Usually a women with a 28 day cycle is considered fertile from cd 7 - cd15

For example: I know that I will ovulated anywhere between this wednesday and Sunday. So I baby dance for two days then skipp one day and then I repeat that cycle unti labout cycle day 23 or later if possible.

Sometime when we stress over the OPK we prevent our body's from ovulating on time.

Once I got a dark OPK (not positive yet though) and I was so excited and stressing about whether it was postive or not and the next day I should have gotten a positive instead my LH surge went back down and my body had to gear back up to ovulate again.

So I hope I helped you a little :hugs:

Don't worry about the OPK...just BD as much as you can. :hugs:

PS. I'd deffo keep testing if you can :)

Hey Dan-O!!!

Looks like you ovulated girl! :happydance: It also looks like you are consistent in ovulating on cd 12....thats awesome! :happydance:

I wish I was like that! :blush: I'm taking clomid so I'm expected to ovulate between cd 14 and cd 19 so I have until Sunday to ovulate if the clomid worked.

Are you talking about taking a vitamin B6 or something else? If so, how much per day to take for this?

At least 50 mg of B6, from what I can tell. I'm taking a B-Complex, which has more folic acid in it too. From what I understand, anything your body doesn't need will just pass in your urine (and give you some pretty flourescent yellow pee--I know that much!) so you can't overdo it. I'm taking 50 + 10 in my prenatal now.

Maybe you caught the end of your surge. I don't know when you've been testing, but it's possible that the darker line was shortly after your surge, then the lighter was was as the LH was going down even more. For example, if the semi-dark line was in the am, you could have had the surge late the night before. I believe that's what happened to me last cycle. This time, once I got a little bit of a line I have been testing LOTS. I'm keeping them and seeing them go up and up and up. That was yesterday. I'm hoping that today's will be much darker until I actually catch it at its darkest! I don't want to be wondering, like last month! Good luck! :hugs:

Dan-O--your chart's looking good! You're such an early ovulator! Lucky girl!

I'm still waiting for my ovulation. Lots of EWCM, due to the B6 I think. Line are getting darker on those OPK tests, and I'm just crossing my fingers for a clear YES on todays. That would mean ovulation tomorrow, and then the beginning of the torturous 2WW we all love and hate!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Thanks for all the info ladies. I am going to use opk again today because I didn't see any ewcm which now that I think about it really sucks the big one! Mind you I wasn't really looking for it, but usually I get a bunch (sorry tmi) when I wipe. Maybe I didn' ovulate so I should go and buy more tests in case my body does. Gawd this is so frustrating. grrr. Amanthony go catch that eggie and dan-o you are looking good.

No EWCM? Hmmm...maybe it was a mini-/pre-surge! Keep testing! And checking that CM! And hey, it can't hurt to keep up with the babymaking too, just in case! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->