• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CD1 12 June 2012

So, had our Repromed appointment last night and here is all the results.

They did another blood test for chromosome defects, won’t have that result for 6 weeks though. But all my other tests were great. My resting follicle count (internal scan) showed 20 resting follicles which is normal, FSH was 6.7, also good and AMH which I really was shitting myself about was 20.9 (higher end of normal for my age). He said that my maternal age for conceiving was actually around 35 with these results. So feel fantastic after that. However, still doesn’t explain the miscarriages.

He said that he was reading only the night before new studies that have come out in England that it maybe with recurrent pregnancies loss patients (which I am now in), that if the egg doesn’t implant on a certain day it will miscarry. He said the study was new and only being trialled on animals at the moment, so not sure if it is accurate or not.

After the chromosome test, there is nothing left to test for and he is hoping it really is bad luck that we have had so far.

So the plan now is, try ourselves until the end of the year. If I’m still not pregnant with a viable pregnancy by then, in February I go in to have my uterus vacuumed for a biopsy to look for Natural Killer Cells which attack an embryo once implanted. It’s apparently a rare condition but he wants to rule out everything. Also for reasons they can’t explain, after you have it done, the success rates for pregnancy the next couple of months rises. However, he did say is was very very painful as they can’t numb the area because its inside my uterus and they use a vacuum type thing. Great, looking forward to that one!!!

And then start IVF in March. He seems to think that with my results and AMH follicle count I will response really good. There is a test that is brand new to Repromed, they have only been doing it for 6 months now and yet to prove it works 100% through studies but they are confident of it, where they test the eggs for any defects before they implant so you don’t waste time inserting an already defect egg which would cause miscarriage even if it took. That’s $500 an egg. Expensive exercise!!!

And again there is the problem that even if it takes, I could miscarry again and again but by testing the egg before implanting, they hope to lower that chance by not inserting a defective egg.

So that’s where we are at…………….happy though, I feel like there is hope, even if its going to cost a lot of money.

Wow - that sounds very complicated...

I hope that you are able to fall pregnant and sustain your pregnancy and avoid all other treatments and costs :)

Good that you are feeling more in control and positive! It's going to happen for both of us - we will hold our little baby in our arms next year :)

Yeah it would be nice to get pregnant before February and avoid all the costs, but I feel confident in knowing there are options.

Another period started, another cycle ended and a new cycle already begun...

Looking forward to getting our results on Wednesday. Hoping it may shed some light on our inability to fall pregnant.

Sorry to hear Shell. :hugs: But at least you have your appointment on Wednesday.

Hey Donna,

How are you going? I can't read your chart...? Have you worked it out yet?

Af nearly finished and looking forward to yet equally nervous about Wed appointment. I am mentally preparing myself to hear we are infertile as a couple. Dr doesn't have the best bedside manner and will most likely just blurt it out like she did that I have BPCO.

Morning luv xx

When you are able to read my chart, can you please tell me.......lol

Seriously though, dont really know. Just hoping now that AF stays away until the weekend. Going on holidays Friday to holiday home for 2 weeks, hubby only has 1 week holiday and has to go back to work, so hoping I dont ovulate when Im over there and he is at home.

Not that far now until you get your results.......I know it nerve racking but think of it as getting some answers.......

Pregnant...?

Congratulations again :)

I pray that this one sticks!

Yep, even with a weird looking chart. I must be the most fertile 38 year old in the planet at the moment. Have good lines, probably the best I have had since the 1st one, so hopefully this one sticks!!!!

Attachments

• test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 4
How are you feeling?

Morning sickness? Tired?

Good strong lines for 13 & 14dpo!

I prayed for you this morning for protection over the embryo. That it would implant snugly and stay put for 9 months!

You are definitely the most fertile person I know - let alone 38 year old ;)

AND the most amazing thing is you saw the 16mm follicle at CD6 which would have been the dominant follicle....

Thank you, means a lot that you would pray for me. :hugs: I even had a bit of a prayer myself last night and ask Dad to look over this one from up there and make it healthly.

Yeah, they are probably the best lines I have had so trying not to get my hopes up but I have everything crossed this is it. Just made Doctor appointment for this afternoon to see what the HCG results are from that.

If we were to say goodbye to this one, told hubby I need at least a month or two off to get my heal both physcially and mentally. I dont know how I would cope........but staying positive and see what happens.

Yes, proof you can get pregnant even on a weird looking chart and a 16mm follicle on CD6!!!!

Your turn next luv :thumbup:

And in answer to your other question, didnt even think I was pregnant until yesterday. Could hardly do my pants up so bloated and boobs had sharp pain in them. Thought, hhmmmm I know these symptoms so tested.

Funny how just yesterday we remarked on our inability to read your chart ;)

All along it was BFP - so looking back now it was obviously an implantation dip with a slow climb back up to high temps. Your temps are nice and high so hope you get back good numbers on your HCG test.

:thumbup::thumbup::flower::flower::hugs::hugs::happydance::happydance::hugs::hugs::wohoo::wohoo:

How are you feeling my friend?

Thinking of you and praying for you and bubs :)

Today is test results day. Trying to remain calm and fight rising anxiety. I fear the words 'sorry you are infertile' but am trying to remain positive and keep reminding myself that God is bigger than infertility.

Keeping my faith in God is the only thing keeping my sanity!

Hey luv, just back from being stabbed so should have first hcg results this afternoon. FX they are good. Decided last night to not chart anymore as it would just freak me out to much if they dip in the slightest.

BIG DAY for you today. What time is your appointment??

Hey luv, just back from being stabbed so should have first hcg results this afternoon. FX they are good. Decided last night to not chart anymore as it would just freak me out to much if they dip in the slightest.

BIG DAY for you today. What time is your appointment??

Yes - I agree - I had actually read that temps are erratic whilst pregnant so best to stop charting.

Appointment is 5pm but she has been late every time we have seen her so hope to be in by 6pm.

I will send you my blood test results.

Yes do that. I really really really really really hope its good news for you both.

Going to keep everything crossed and will be thinking of you tonight at 6:00pm.

Would you consider IVF if you had too?

We spoke about it - but its beyond our affordability. We don't have the money to pay for the treatments and as it is not a guarantee of success I feel going into debt would be unwise. It also opens up pandoras box of what to do with left over embryo's...

I would consider insemination if Dan's sperm count very low.

At the moment - I am trying to improve our eating habits and exercising. Hoping that may make a difference.

Started looking into herbal remedies for improving fertility. Not sure what I think about that yet as reading lots of people making themselves worse.

Would consider seeing a naturopath and seeing if our bodies are missing crucial vitamins etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->