CD1 8/17- Anyone else with me for Sept Testing? 31 Testers so far

The OPK I ordered online is taking too long to arrive, so I'm going to Walmart to purchase a digital ovulation testing kit. Wish DP was here to BD... but that won't be for another 3 weeks. :(

Today is CD10 and I am getting EWcm today! Very confusing because in past cycles my O day was around CD26 and last cycle it moved to CD16 (wiht hte help of Vitex and B6) but this cycle I haven't taken any vitex or b6 because I have blood work to do and I didn't want anything in my system to interfere.

Today's OPK was negative.

I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil. Can that give me extra EWcm for extra days?

Yesterday I thought I was getting some almost EWcm (close but not quite - it was a weird in between), but discounted it because it was too early. Maybe I'm going to O early?

Well ladies, I just spent 7 hours in "new teacher orientation" for my new district. My brain is officially fried and now I'm off to see my doctor in a few minutes (about 30 mins actually) to try and convince him to run some blood work to rule out any thyroid or vitaminD issues. I'm worried he'll think I"m just a hypochondriac (or crazy woman who is TTC) and is over using google! But, I feel like my short LP (8-9 days), my very low temps (BBTs are typically in 96s and very low 97s pre-O, unless I had drinks or didn't sleep well the night before), low libido, and trouble with weight gain are good enough reasons to at least run the tests and rule it out. I'm stressed he'll think I've wasted his time, and even more stressed that the results won't come back in soon enough. He retires 8/31 and my insurance ends 8/31 and if I Don't get the results soon enough I won't be able to schedule a follow up to analyze if necessary. So much going on!

I just want to make sure everything is ok. This is the last month TTC before we have to take a break until the new year. (because I can't really feel comfortable planning to conceive at a time that would put me having a due date that has me missing the first month of school, too hard on a teacher to start late)

TTDuck - can I ask why not conceiving this cycle would mean you would have to miss the annual trip? Just curious? I need to get pregnant this cycle too or we have to take a break until Jan, so here's hoping we both get our BFP!! :)

What did your doctor say? I have heard some doctors don't even believe in a short lp. Mine is exactly 10 days every month and it worries me. Have you tried b6?

Well, the good news is my doctor is very accommodating and will run any test I want. So he is running the thyroid and vitamin D tests I asked for. I have to go in for blood work today (the lab was closed by the time we finished the appointment). The bad news is he basically told me that a short LP isn't an issue, that BBT isn't really reliable (I think he thought I was using it to determine when to have sex rather than realizing I only use BBT as a method of confirming O has actually happened), and that I should "go on vacation, stop stressing, and have more sex". LoL :haha: It was rather humorous, hearing that come out of the mouth of this cute little, old Asian man. You'd have to be there.

I thought he'd be a little more open because he's not just a general practitioner but he's also an OBGYN, and his primary practice was maternity and baby delivery up until a year or two ago when he got cancer so he stopped delivering babies and only did general practice. And now he's retiring because the cancer is back and he doesn't have the energy to fight the cancer a second time AND keep practicing (understandable!) . I went to him specifically because I knew he'd give me whatever test I asked for, even if he didn't think I needed it.

Either way, I'm getting my test. So there's that. I wasn't REALLY there because of the LP but the LP triggered me to look into other things which led me to make connections between all the other stuff I have going on.

As for B6: yes, I've tried it. Last cycle I used B6 in conjunction with Gaia brand Vitex and my LP lengthened to 11 days. So after my blood work I'll start on that regime again and hope it keeps working. That's why I'm not as concerned about the LP as the other stuff, but I Think I came across that way to him and that's why his primary focus was on telling me to stop stressing about not being pregnant yet because I haven't been trying long enough.

Well that's awesome he is ordering all the tests for you! Hopefully you get some answers.

He said bbt isn't the most reliable? Then what is? I have heard opk's are anf they aren't, bbt is but cm is better. It is all so confusing!

I thought BBT was the best way to determine O?? I'm confused.. Lol

BBT is the best method to confirm that you did O. Not a good method to use to predict when you'll O

Hello all :)
I'd like to join you. I'm CD 16 today and waiting for a temp rise to confirm O. This is my first cycle actively TTC.

I'm on CD7. I took my second dose of Clomid last night. Today I have an HSG where they look to see if your tubes are blocked.

I'm nervous, but a lot of people say that this might help me get pregnant because it clears some "gunk" out.

We shall see...

GL everyone!

I'm on CD7. I took my second dose of Clomid last night. Today I have an HSG where they look to see if your tubes are blocked.

I'm nervous, but a lot of people say that this might help me get pregnant because it clears some "gunk" out.

We shall see...

GL everyone!

Prayers for you <3

My doctor said BBT wasn't reliable, but I think he thought I was using it to determine when to BD. He asked 'so you take your temperature to know when to have sex?" and I said, "No. I take my temperature to confirm when Ovulation occurs. I use cervical mucus and OPK to determine when to have sex". He still said BBT wasn't reliable and he prefers using OPKs. He also said that I should not have sex the day of the +OPK but wait until the next day because you can O up to 48 hours later, and since we do't know about sperm count there's always the chance of low sperm count so that way you don't do multiple days in a row.

I get what he's saying, and he is kind of old school-test based doctor, not really one for natural methods. I'm still going to keep using BBT and OPK and checking CM and CP because I am seeing how all the signs DO line up, so I'm not going to let one DRs opinion deter me. lol

lvksa - welcome!

actg4baby Fingers crossed for good news! :)

hiya girls hope your all well cd13 for me done a opk faint line so not yet I have had ewcm today just done me work out for the day insane abs going to bath me dd then chill for the night hers my opk xx

Attachments

• 20150821_191223.jpg
    20150821_191223.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 2
hiya girls hope your all well cd13 for me done a opk faint line so not yet I have had ewcm today just done me work out for the day insane abs going to bath me dd then chill for the night hers my opk xx

That's about what my OPK looks like! I'm CD11, and this is a little early for me to get ready to O but hoping it comes in a couple days! :)

That's about what my OPK looks like! I'm CD11, and this is a little early for me to get ready to O but hoping it comes in a couple days! :)

fx it does come in a couple of days for u hun mine shouldn't be far think tomorrow or sunday xx:thumbup:

Hi Ladies!! Would love to join this group. I'm on CD6 and on cycle 10 TTC. We have been pregnant 4 other times and each of those times we conceived on the first try, so this waiting is driving me nuts!! We have had 2 miscarriages (one this last October) and 2 take home babies. Would love to add a third to complete our family.

We are adding Preseed this month in hopes is helps. Anyone have any experience with this?

Good luck to everyone! I see a few of us are on a similar schedule so it'll be good to keep up with everyone! Hoping this is a lucky thread for all of us!

hiya girls done another opk its going darker cd14 xx

Attachments

• cd13.jpg
    cd13.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2
  • cd14.jpg
    cd14.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 2
Caz - looks good! Any advice for using OPKs? I'm starting to use them this month in addition to the Clearblue Fertility monitor I've been using. My fear is I will over analyze looking at the sticks!

Hey ladies! How is everyone today! My hubby is installing can lights in our living room today so my house is a mess and there is sheetrock all over the place. It's only mildly stressing me out. lol! But at least when he's done we will be able to have LIGHTS in the living room (right now it only has a couple lamps, the house wasn't wired w/ living room lights).

Today my cervix is high and soft! I'm so excited! It was definitely not high yesterday, and it's clearly softer than yesterdays. This is the first time I've tracked feel, because after 3 months I think I'm FINALLY figuring out what the differences are. I still can't tell open/closed though.

ATM I am desperately trying to "hold it". After my workout I always use the bathroom and shower and I've been trying to get to a 4-hour hold for my OPK. I am about 15 minutes from a 3-hour hold and I've had to pee for the last 30 minutes!! I think I'm only going to make it to 3, maybe 3 1/2. But, that's not bad. I'm usually okay with at least 3.

KTJ - Welcome!! Sorry to hear about your losses :hug: I've never used preseed but there are plenty others who have experience. :)

As for OPKs I strongly recommend Wondfo - you can get them on Amazon for pretty cheap and they are great! They are the easiest "cheapies" I've used in terms of telling when it is positive and they are not expensive, which makes them even more amazing. Especially if you are the twice-a-day kinda gal. ;) I use Wondfo and when they start to look very close to positive I will add the Clearblue Digital Ovulation kit. I don't use the advanced, because it's spendy and so instead of getting the bouncy smiley and the regular I just stick with the IC's and then usually by the time they are almost positive I only need 1 or 2 Digi's to confirm. At this point I've managed to make a 2-month supply of Digi's last 4 cycles. :)

How does the fertility monitor work for you? I've considered it but wasn't sure if it was really worth spending the money.

caz You are getting close!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->