• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chatty NTNP/TTC buddies! 2 BFPs!

You've got baby brain! :D

:O you should try putting the turkey and stuff in a tortilla wrap! I love doing it they taste great.

I did get tortillas for breakfast burritos. Got the tortillas and the eggs, forgot bacon or sausage. LOL!! Yes, I forgot quite a few things. Oh well, I'll make due! LOL!! So I called my step dad, he's a great cook and was in the military. I told him I need a healthy way to make some good chicken to eat (not on the grill). My grill is currently out of commission. I need propane. HAHA! So he said to put the chicken breast between two pieces of saranwrap and add seasoning. Then pound them out a bit on the big in to pound he seasoning into them and to ensure they cook more evenly. add a tiny bit of olive oil to a nonstick pan and have it nice and hot and add the chicken breasts to brown on both sides real quick. Then throw it into the oven for 20 mins. Then I can do whatever with them. Put them in salads (can't do that), cut it up into spaghetti, or whatever else I choose to do.

Oohhhh!! I found another thing I'll have to try! It looks simple and sounds divine!

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chicken_tacos_with_charred_tomatoes.html

that does sound tasty, I dont eat cilantro though so couldnt put that in it LOL
I think the worst possible way to cook chicken is by boiling it... makes it flavourless

Oh I totally agree! I think I did that one time the very first time I started cooking. LOL! I've become quite the chef, but with very unhealthy foods. HAHA!

Haha im the same, But I think that was from being raised in the south, I learned all the unhealthy foods but they sure do taste good :haha: though my hubs does most the cooking around here, he is quite the cook himself. I swear he can make anything taste good, I especially love when he makes cheesy jambalaya one of my favourites! :D

Yum!! I'm from Kentucky. :) Being raised in the south is the best for fried foods that taste so good! LOL! So trying to make healthy is going to take some getting used to but it is better for all of us in the long run! We can still have some bad things every once in a while. Don't want to over do it or else I won't stick to it!

Never been to Kentucky, I am from Oklahoma. so plenty of fried and fatty foods there, we love our fried foods lol and BBQ probably isnt that healthy either. Once I got with my OH we started eating healthier, Like since being with him he has cut my salt intake wayyy back, I don't use it unless I am putting it on a steak before cooking now. so little things like that have helped a bit.

I have to cut that back too...I salt everything!

I wish my stew was ready! I put it in the slow cooker and it's taking foreverrrr, it smells sooo good!

I love stew that way! Mom makes it in a....what's that pot called? It's ceramic and she puts it in the oven for a while. Man that stuff was the best!

One of those dutch oven type of things?
Yay its ready, it tastes sooo good :D :D :D im a lil over excited to eat stew lol

LOL! Yeah a dutch oven!

YAY!!!! Glad it's really good! Trying to download peachtree software onto my comp right now so I can get some school work done. Thinking I'm getting ready to go work on my chicken so it's done by 6!

Ohh good luck hope it turns out tasty :D
you have to let me know how it turns out!

It definitely smells good! My son came running through the house and said what is that wonderful smell????? LOL! Well it's in the oven and now I'm snapping the beans so I can cook them to be done at the same time. I love fresh green beans!

me too, we were planning on growing some green beans... but the weather has just not been fit for them this year, might try next year if we can... didn't help that the cats decided they wanted to use the garden as well.... yuck

ewww!!!! Wonder why they chose to use the garden!!

The beans haven't been the best around here either. I asked the guy if that was all the beans he had and he said he had 1 bushel left. I asked him how much is the bushel and how much was in there. he said about 30 lbs of beans and that he has to sell it at the normal price but he would normally sell it for $30. Normal price is $45. He said they are just bad this year but he might have a lot more come on. So I might end up buying a bushel later on and take it up to my dads for canning so both of us can have the beans. I was just going to freeze some. But dad said he doesn't have a garden so I figured it could help us both out.

It smells so good in here!! I am soooo hungry!

I think they decided to do it because hubs turned up the soil and put in some compost and I geuss the fresh turned up soil drew them in. I am trying to find a way to keep them out, he is starting to get annoyed at it because it is quite disgusting. I don't even know where half of these cats are coming from!

That is decent price for fresh beans, I bought a little bag full of fresh beans out of the grocery store. chopped them up with potatos,carrots and onions and put them in a baking dish with a lamb roast and had that the other night... was so good :)

Never had a lamb roast, never had lamb period. LOL!!

But it sounds good!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"