Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

Thanks cookie, another flashing smiley today. I can see why people want to scream at the stupid flashing smiley face!

When are you testing? Xx

Transfer went well today. We transferred one of our blasts (they only needed to thaw one). Beta is on August 21!

I've got the full story up on my journal.

Fluffy - thanks for telling me that, it really helped! I guess the fear of the unnknown got me a bit.

I'll have to email the clinic again today because I haven't heard back yet. Not that my body is doing anything cycle wise. Still have spotting, no AF. Last time I had spotting like this was my first miscarriage so hmm. Hope I didn't have a chemical or something :/

Abe - I just commented on your journal, but yay! Glad it all went well and can't wait until you find out!

@sarah
I should wait until the 20th because of the HCG injections (don't want to get a false positive), but my TWW is technically over on Wednesday 16th. So I will try and wait until Sunday, but I might break down before then and test any day after that Wednesday :p

@abe
Yay!!! We'll be testing one day apart, let's hope this is our lucky month! :D

@Sheece
I'm glad it helped ^^ I tried reading as much as possible about the IUI beforehand, I was just as nervous. Hoping you'll hear from the clinic soon and can get things moving forward.

AFM:
7dpo today, statistically speaking this is implantation day... I wish I could say I feel one way or another, but while I do feel different, there is no knowing if it's due to the HCG injections or actually being pregnant. *sigh* Next week I will finally be able to do a test that actually has a chance of being positive, after all these months, for the first time on my TTC journey! While I really really hope it will be positive (obviously), I'm honestly just glad to finally be at a point where things could be working out and hopefully will within the next few months :)

Well we've had some developments in my ongoing saga. Last night I started bleeding more and feeling more periody so I figured that it was starting.

That kinda made it all feel real to me so i start like half panicking and go out to OH & say oi we have to make a decision now what do you want to do. Straight away he says try natural. And my guts been telling me the same. I've been feeling really weird about the prospect of IUI this month :/

So thats probably a really stupid decision but we've decided to go full guns blazing and try natural for one more cycle. Ive got the new prenatals, clean eating, more excercise, he is off the booze again & we will do the deed every 2 days to help his swimmers out, like we did when we conceived.

I feel better about the decision than i do about IUI, but still feel like we could be wasting time :/ but hey whats one more cycle. I just have to trust my gut feeling I guess. Hasn't led me wrong before :/

And of course no sign of period this morning though so who knows what games my body is playing today.

So now I'm second guessing myself again because the clinic got back to me and said DR is happy for us to go straight to IUI. Then OH said ok lets do it, and that he was just wanting to hear from the doctor.

:dohh::dohh:

I have to have CD2 screening done if we go ahead so I'll be making a quick decision when I get AF I guess.

Sheece, exciting, things are happening fast for you now! In the end, it really comes to down to whether you are happy to wait longer or not. Can your doctor give you an estimate of your chances with each? Ours said with IUI, our chances are 23-25% per cycle, while naturally without the monitoring and everything, he estimated more like 10%. So roughly, it would take twice as long: we should expect within 3-4 months with IUI and within 6-9 months with just clomid. That made it an easy decision for us to go for the IUI!

Whatever you decide to go for, I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! :)

The timing thing is the big thing im worried about. At the moment im leaning more towards IUI so we will see.

Seems like my cycle is currently playing silly buggers with me too, so if its another long one (already CD39) that will definitely make up my mind :/

Thanks fluffy :) How are you feeling? any symptoms or are you trying to not symptom spot?

I feel for you so much with this decision because I only just went through it three weeks ago and struggled emotionally as well. :hugs: It's not easy.

I swore I wouldn't symptom spot, and since 2dpo I have been symptom spotting all day long X'D It's impossible to tell though because of the HCG injections (at 3dpo, 6dpo and 9dpo), so while I definitely feel different, there is not telling until at least Monday if it's due to th injections or due to pregnancy (my own HCG). I've been having really weird and vivid dreams and most noticeably my boobs have been sore for days and I think they look bigger. I'm also fairly tired, but I've just gotten over a cold so that could be why.

Monday (12dpo) is when the injected HCG in my blood should start getting noticeably lower, so that is when I might get a first indication of anything. Wednesday (14dpo) my period is due, so that will be a pretty strong indication. If AF doesn't show, then the next few days will be a battle of wills because it's not 100% safe to test until Sunday because of the injections, but if my period still hasn't shown by Friday, I think I might just give in X) By then I should either have a pretty faint positive from the injections or a really strong one if I am pregnant... hubby really wants me to wait until Sunday to test to not get false hope, but it's SO HARD!

Well I think the decision has been made for us.

I'm on my 9th day of spotting which is heavier in the afternoon, but still not what I could class as AF. So obviously I'm over it and I've googled, and seen a few people have had the same thing after a D & C and their doctors have told them its their AF. The first AF after d & c can just be light / weird.

So we've missed the IUI window anyway! I'd be on CD9 today.

I guess we get our one more natural cycle after all heh.

Fluffy - it's so hard to not test early, I have never ever been able to not test early! Ideally in my head I'd wait though because it just causes more drama with trying to see squinty lines and sadness at early bfns.

My fingers are still crossed for you!! Hurry up Sunday :)

Well, at least its one more cycle of trying naturally. Hopefully you'll luck out again.

AFM: Currently 6DP5DT - had some dull cramps a couple of days ago, and DH mentioned last night the bbs look a little more big and veiny. Temp is on the steady rise, and DH is getting impatient. He just wants to know. I'll be testing in a couple of days if my temp stays up like this.

We did end up doing the pineapple core in the end. It was a last minute push from me. DH ended up blending a piece in with some bananas and almond milk and made smoothies for me. He's such a dear :)

I am going to make him stay at his mom's if he keeps being as overprotective as he has been. Always asking if I've had enough nutrition for the day, drank enough water, not overdoing myself, asking if I'm feeling anything new and different.... is it pregnancy relating.... ugggh. It's going to be a long 9 months if this is it haha.

Hahaha how cute is your DH. Cute and a tad annoying to live with I'm sure :p

I can't wait for your test! I have a good feeling :)

Can't wait to see your test abe!! My hubby is the opposite, he says he is not thinking about it at all until I test.

I'm 13dpo today and would love to test, stupid HCG injections... the weekend can't come fast enough. To be completely honest though, I think I already know the result. My last injection was on Friday and I've been feeling increasingly less "different" (pregnant) since yesterday. Today I feel normal, not much left in terms of tiredness or needing to pee often or anything like that. I think the HCG is simply leaving my system and sadly that means I'm not pregnant :( AF is supposed to show on Thursday and then I can test on the weekend, so I guess I will know soon, but... feeling a bit deflated right now as the "symptoms" are wearing off.

Cookie I would take a test Thursday if I were you! And I didn't get any symptoms with my son so you could still be preggo!

AFM - got my solid smiley today after 10 flashing smileys! But we didn't bd last night... going to bd tonight and hopefully tomorrow night then have a night off and go back to every other day xx

@sarah
Because I have been on HCG injections during the TWW (my doctor prescribed them to support implantation), a pregnancy test before the weekend (Sunday really) is likely to yield a possibly-false positive since the HCG will still be in my system from the injections. So no point in testing Thursday, sadly :( I know some women get hardly any symptoms or none at all, but with the injections I obviously felt quite different since that gave me the HCG level of someone 6-8 weeks pregnant, and now I just feel like it's gone *sigh*

Crossing my fingers for you catching that egg! We always did roughly every other day too, our doctor said that was best :)

@sarah
Because I have been on HCG injections during the TWW (my doctor prescribed them to support implantation), a pregnancy test before the weekend (Sunday really) is likely to yield a possibly-false positive since the HCG will still be in my system from the injections. So no point in testing Thursday, sadly :( I know some women get hardly any symptoms or none at all, but with the injections I obviously felt quite different since that gave me the HCG level of someone 6-8 weeks pregnant, and now I just feel like it's gone *sigh*

Crossing my fingers for you catching that egg! We always did roughly every other day too, our doctor said that was best :)

I think you're still in the game! With my first pregnancy (which we sadly lost just after 8 weeks last month) I felt no real symptoms until I was 6-8 weeks. I felt totally normal when I first found out I was pregnant, a few cramps the week after my period was officially late, but nothing worth writing home about. Your body may be returning to normal but you may have conceived and be less than 4 weeks along! FX!!!

@sarah

Sorry cookie I don't know much about IUI, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope to see your bfp soon :) think positive thoughts!

@sarah
no worries, this isn't even normal IUI protocol, just something my doctor recommended for me :)

@Alligator
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I feel like that is the only thing one can say and it's not enough and I wish there was something better to say. Nobody should have to go through that.
Thank you for sharing that you had no symptoms though, a few ladies have said that to me now and who knows, maybe I still have a chance.

14dpo today. I know I'm not out, but I have been feeling the typical slight cramping I get pre period since last night, so... not much hope over here. Tomorrow will tell I assume - if not, I will test Friday morning, but I'm prepared for that BFN. Just in case I do make it to Friday morning before AF showing and can even test, I wanted to check, what is this group like about testing? Do you prefer not mentioning BFPs (haha, as if...), brief update rather than long update, go all out on the update...? I thought I would ask juuuust in case and I know it can be a sensitive topic. :)

And as for updates...whatever you feel comfortable with...I love hearing BFP as it gives me hope I'll get mine soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->