Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

Thank you again everyone - just got the call back from the clinic and the blood test confirmed, I am pregnant!!! ^.^ Weirdly they don't do a second blood draw, just gave me an appointment for a 6 week ultrasound with my fertility doctor. They also said I should take progesterone (vaginal suppositories, brrr) and when I asked if my values are low, she said it's just their standard policy and they will check again at 6 weeks to see if I need to continue taking them.

How is everyone doing? Abe, when are you getting the result from your blood draw?

I go in for my blood draw today at 5, wont be getting results until tomorrow. Hopes aren't high though.

Sheece - in on my 2nd cycle since the loss now. I was so convinced if fall pregnant before my period and then convinced we caught it last month so I'm mentally drained now. I've upped my game this month and so has my partner do hopefully this is the month!

I'm so sorry abennion. That is so tough :( I just noticed where you're from...so close to me! <3

:hugs: so sorry to hear abe :( Will your clinic look into further testing now, for example for genetic issues on your side or hubby's? I feel like that's something you might want investigated at this point, if you haven't already of course.

I would love it if they did, but my RE has already said there's "no point" because something will come back positive for sure (because they run over a thousand different tests) and the most they will do is offer to give us prednisone. I will be pushing for more extensive testing though. There has to be something they aren't catching.

I'm not sure how prednisone (which works in a similar way to cortison) would help with genetic issues? I could see how it would help with faulty immune responses, but... a genetic/carrier screening would be something to do so they know what to look out for and test for before transfer in order to healthy embryos. At least that has been my understanding? Could you get those tests done at a different clinic or get a second opinion in case all they could offer would be prednisone?

I'm sorry Abe, that sucks :(

Listen to your gut, if they won't test any further can you find somewhere else that will?

Fluffy - Over here they don't do 2nd beta draws unless you specifically ask for it. I paid for pregnancy monitoring and got it that way with our fertility clinic. Annoying though you'd think it wouldn't be hard for them to do it automatically! What was your first level at? Congrats!!

Sasha - I'm feeling a bit mentally discouraged too. I had the faint hope we would get pregnant again before my first AF but nope. Now I'm not even sure what I had was AF and I'm just down about my body being stupid again.

Distracting myself with starting wedding planning heh.

@Sheece
They didn't tell me the level and I was too nervous/floored to ask ^^" I just let out a really big breath I hadn't realised I'd been holding when the nurse said "I have good news - you are pregnant!". She built it up with chatting first, asking how I was, if I could talk now, she's sure I've been waiting for her call already... and my heart was just beating so fast. I considered calling back to ask, but I have decided not to. They have put me on progesterone anyway, so I think knowing the values might only make me obsess and worry. I'm trying to just enjoy it and look forward to my 6 week scan!

I *love* wedding planning! Tell me ALL ABOUT IT :D How many guests will you have? What kind of venue do you have in mind for the ceremony and the reception? What would be your theme/colours? What kind of dress would you wear? Have you thought about the cake, the food, the flowers? Bridesmaid dresses?

hi all, im still following along silently but not so much today. :haha:

sheece & abe, all my love to both of you. i post in your journals.

Fluffy, a huge congrats to you. i love how you were describing iui to Sheece. i pretty much thing of iui as sex with a syringe so you make sure you put those swimmers in the right place and they dont go awol. :haha: when will your 6 week scan be? i hated pessaries. i used to do it once a day at night. i did all my night time things and then last to the toilet. insert pessary and run to bed and sleep on my side. :rofl:. the things we do.

Sasha im sorry for your recent loss. its never easy to go through a mc and trust your body but i am sending you so much baby dust that you get to catch that eggy naturally soon.

alligator, im sorry for your loss. dont be anything but happy that you were able to conceive so quickly. some ladies take a few cycles, some take a few months, some have to go through so much testing and processes to get a positive that when anyone does get a positive, we are all happy for them. for me it took me 3 yrs for a positive which was a mc, then a year and another mc. so im sending you baby dust too that you get to catch that egg also and your journey to being a mum is sweet and short.

sweden so close to V day. being pregnant is truly an amazing journey.

Thank you Whimsical. I am getting better not feeling guilty, now having been through a loss I am appreciative we got pregnant quickly and hope we will again, and I know everyone has their own TTC/pregnancy journey and we can't compare ourselves to others or we'll go mad. But I am mindful that we were very blessed, and hope to be again!

Fluffy - to be honest I think I'll be the same next time. I'll probably be better off not knowing numbers.

Haha wedding wise I told OH that the first step is to work out how many people are coming. He knows soooo many people so I'm scared it's going to be huge.

Wedding wise it will be a pretty casual one. We don't want a bridal party, no speeches probably, just a relaxed party vibe to celebrate I think. Hesitant to set a date yet because I want to make sure im not pregnant / just given birth by then!

@Whimsical
Thank you :D Haha that's exactly how I do my evening ones, but I also have to do them in the morning and it's just... let's say more than a tad annoying ^^" My six week scan will be Thursday next week, 31st August!

@Sheece
I think the guest list is the best place to start, all my friends did it the same way. In terms of venue and budget, which are both things you have to consider very early on, the guest list is a huge factor. A relaxed wedding sounds perfect to me, honestly I love so many different kind of weddings but right now a relaxed one would be my dream with all the tiredness X) If I have one tip, it's to remember that this day is about you and your hubby-to-be, not about everyone else. You will probably get lots of advice and opinions, but this is *your* day and you should do what *you* want to do and feel comfortable with! Those who love you will be happy for you, even if it might take them a little while to get round to it :)

Sheece - DH and I just got married in May and budget is #1...this will (sadly) totally dictate your party. Relaxed sounds great to me! We chose a small wedding (less than 30 people, just family and closest friends) and it was perfect. I got married in the mountains (where I wanted to) and we had a beautiful venue and a fantastic meal (hubby's one wedding want was delicious food). And I agree with Fluffycookie - it is YOUR day. My MIL tried to make me feel bad about not inviting every single cousin/friend of hers and I didn't want that, people I have never/barely met. And I wouldn't have had the wedding I wanted. It's about you and your future husband, take advice (if you want it!) as I reached out to so many friends who were already married, but overall, I did what felt right for us.

Alligator I would love to have 30 people at ours! Unfortunately OH grew up in a country town and is friends with half of it, so our numbers will be large :/ But I will definitely cost cut everywhere I can !

Hi everyone I'm new here (Happy dance*)

This will be DH and my C#3 TTC (this coming month) and I'm already feeling discouraged as AF came this morning :(... but this just means we get to try again next month, which is the best part. Hoping for BFP before 2017 ends though

Sheece - that totally makes it harder to have a small wedding, I get that! You could do something outdoors, beef on the bun/picnic style (but get it catered) and be super relaxed, or there may be halls/venues in your area that can do that super cheap. I've also heard brunch weddings are becoming popular as they are a lot less expensive! Or, get married later in the evening and don't serve a meal (get married at like 7pm and just have appetizers and drinks). We had a small wedding so we paid for booze ourselves but I've been to larger weddings and had a cash bar no problem...I don't need to drink on the bride and grooms dime! Good luck in your planning, I had fun with it but I am an event planner for a living so it didn't seem to hard for me :)

Sheece - I would look into venues that offer the reception hall for free if you purchase a certain amount of food. We had a fairly bigger wedding, although still on the small side (90 people) and ended up doing our reception at the Delta Hotel because if we paid $5,000 for food we got the hall for free. They also would have given us the ceremony location for free as well, but we already had our eyes set on another venue for that.

Mickels - welcome! Here's hoping your BFP comes quickly!

AFM: Well, looks like we'll be set up for FET #2 in November. Counting down the days to our fostering info session, and then we are on the countdown to cruise! That FET will be our last chance for a BFP in 2017, but I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that its most likely not happening this year either... year 3 anyone?

Good tips ladies, thanks! I think casual catering is the way we will go. I want to spend as little as possible on food, but still have it good quality!

We went to a wedding a few months ago that we really liked, it was held at a bush camp place in country western australia, they had food trucks who catered and a kombi van set up with keg taps for drinks, was perfect!

Mickels - welcome! I hope this cycle is the one for you :)

Abe - When are you going on your cruise again? and where? The idea of a cruise fascinates me. I've never been on one but I would love to do a canada / alaska one one day. Bit far from home though :p

I'll be heading into year 3 come January if nothing happens before then. Still holding out hope for 2017 for the both of us Abe!

Although It seems I have missed out this cycle! FF has given me crosshairs on CD21 (fantastic for me!) but my OH has been sick and the closest we bd'ed to it was 4 days before!

I also had no fertile CM so I was off my guard. So annoyed. I'm not 100% sure I have ovulated, but my chart thinks I have. What do you reckon from my chart?

So If I have Ive got no chance this cycle I don't reckon. But at least its a shorter cycle, and im not mucking around now, I'll be starting IUI in about a weeks time by the looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->