Christian LTTTC group - 1yr+ Praying for all who join

Luke 8: 43-48
A woman in the crowd had suffered for
twelve years with constant bleeding, and
she could find no cure. Coming up behind
Jesus, she touched the fringe of his robe.
Immediately, the bleeding stopped.
“Who touched me?” Jesus asked.
Everyone denied it, and Peter said,” Master,
this whole crowd is pressing up against
you.”
But Jesus said, “Someone deliberately
touched me, for I felt healing power go out
from me.” When the woman realized that
she could not stay hidden, she began to
tremble and fell to her knees before him.
The whole crowd heard her explain why
she had touched him and that she had
been immediately healed.
“Daughter,” he said to her, “your faith has
made you well. Go in peace.”
There is a painting by Simon Dewey
depicting this scene from the New
Testament. In this painting, you see the
lower half of Jesus, wearing white robes
and brown sandals, walking ahead of a
number of people. You see the hands of
several of these people – some hanging by
their sides, others appearing to reach
downward, toward a woman lying on the
ground behind Jesus; a look of longing and
of pure desperation on her face as she
reaches for the fringe of Jesus’ robes
before he takes one step further away.
You can see it on her face, within her grasp- I am about to be healed.
For me, the beauty of this image is that I
know the desperation this woman has
faced. All of my hope, all of my pain, all of
my desire is captured beautifully on the
face of this woman. There is a definitive
desperation that belongs to a woman who
is trying to get pregnant. Longing for a child
is one of the loneliest feelings I have ever
faced. Every single month, every single day,
every single breath – the desperation can
be consuming to a suffocating end. I see
myself as this woman, faced with a longing
to be healed – with the belief that if I just
tried hard enough, if I just reached far
enough, if I could somehow grasp the
robes of Jesus, I could be blessed, my body
could be healed – I will be blessed with a
child.
The reality for this woman is that she was,
in fact, healed. Jesus said, “I felt healing
power go out from me.” This woman’s
powerful faith actually touched Jesus as she
reached to him with all that her body could
physically allow. This woman had risen
above mere hope, she had passed the
point of thinking such thoughts as maybe…
possibly… I hope…She was literally
reaching to Christ with the absolute
knowledge that Jesus Christ was her Savior
and that he was there to heal HER.
You have this faith within you dear sisters.
Through the frustrating and disappointing
ends of every two week wait, through the
heartbreaking phone calls from doctors,
through the darkness, anger and defeat of
a miscarriage, you still have your faith. You
still have your strength. You still have that
sheer determination to reach out and
touch the very essence of healing through
every prayer said with your hands lifted
high, your face turned upward in a
desperate plea – reaching up to touch the
robes of Jesus.
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in
prayer, believe that you have received it,
and it will be yours. ~ Mark 11:24
Believe this.
The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the
LORD accepts my prayer. ~ Psalm 6:9
Believe this.
If you remain in me and my words remain
in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will
be done for you. ~ John 15:7
Believe this.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and
you will find; knock and the door will be
opened to you. For everyone who asks
receives; the one who seeks finds; and to
the one who knocks, the door will be
opened. ~ Matthew 7:7-8
Believe this.

Luke 8: 43-48
A woman in the crowd had suffered for
twelve years with constant bleeding, and
she could find no cure. Coming up behind
Jesus, she touched the fringe of his robe.
Immediately, the bleeding stopped.
“Who touched me?” Jesus asked.
Everyone denied it, and Peter said,” Master,
this whole crowd is pressing up against
you.”
But Jesus said, “Someone deliberately
touched me, for I felt healing power go out
from me.” When the woman realized that
she could not stay hidden, she began to
tremble and fell to her knees before him.
The whole crowd heard her explain why
she had touched him and that she had
been immediately healed.
“Daughter,” he said to her, “your faith has
made you well. Go in peace.”
There is a painting by Simon Dewey
depicting this scene from the New
Testament. In this painting, you see the
lower half of Jesus, wearing white robes
and brown sandals, walking ahead of a
number of people. You see the hands of
several of these people – some hanging by
their sides, others appearing to reach
downward, toward a woman lying on the
ground behind Jesus; a look of longing and
of pure desperation on her face as she
reaches for the fringe of Jesus’ robes
before he takes one step further away.
You can see it on her face, within her grasp- I am about to be healed.
For me, the beauty of this image is that I
know the desperation this woman has
faced. All of my hope, all of my pain, all of
my desire is captured beautifully on the
face of this woman. There is a definitive
desperation that belongs to a woman who
is trying to get pregnant. Longing for a child
is one of the loneliest feelings I have ever
faced. Every single month, every single day,
every single breath – the desperation can
be consuming to a suffocating end. I see
myself as this woman, faced with a longing
to be healed – with the belief that if I just
tried hard enough, if I just reached far
enough, if I could somehow grasp the
robes of Jesus, I could be blessed, my body
could be healed – I will be blessed with a
child.
The reality for this woman is that she was,
in fact, healed. Jesus said, “I felt healing
power go out from me.” This woman’s
powerful faith actually touched Jesus as she
reached to him with all that her body could
physically allow. This woman had risen
above mere hope, she had passed the
point of thinking such thoughts as maybe…
possibly… I hope…She was literally
reaching to Christ with the absolute
knowledge that Jesus Christ was her Savior
and that he was there to heal HER.
You have this faith within you dear sisters.
Through the frustrating and disappointing
ends of every two week wait, through the
heartbreaking phone calls from doctors,
through the darkness, anger and defeat of
a miscarriage, you still have your faith. You
still have your strength. You still have that
sheer determination to reach out and
touch the very essence of healing through
every prayer said with your hands lifted
high, your face turned upward in a
desperate plea – reaching up to touch the
robes of Jesus.
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in
prayer, believe that you have received it,
and it will be yours. ~ Mark 11:24
Believe this.
The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the
LORD accepts my prayer. ~ Psalm 6:9
Believe this.
If you remain in me and my words remain
in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will
be done for you. ~ John 15:7
Believe this.
Believe this.

This post is so uplifting and wonderful. Thank you so much for posting!

My God, You reign forever, my hope, my strong Deliverer. You are the everlasting God, the everlasting God. You do not faint You won't grow weary. You're the defender of the weak, You comfort those in need, You lift us up on wings like eagles.

Amen!

Happy Thursday LTTCers!!!

Went for 6 month check up today. Everything seems good on my end doc wants hubby to do SA to check him out. He also gave me prescription for 100mg clomid to start next month should this month not be our month for :bfp:. Hope all is well with everyone!!

Believe this.

What I love most about this verse is that ask, seek, knock is an acronym for ASK! And keep asking! Sometimes I feel like I am being greedy asking so much but then I remInd myself Jesus did tell us to ASK :)

I am so thankful to God for my loving husband who treats me like a queen. Sometimes I take it for granted that I have such a great husband because Im focusing on what I don't have.

What's something you're thankful for?

I am so thankful to God for my loving husband who treats me like a queen. Sometimes I take it for granted that I have such a great husband because Im focusing on what I don't have.

YOU!!! :hugs:

Is anyone else getting the message "your post won't be visible until a moderator approves it"? I keep trying to post a devotional and it gives me that message.

Im not getting any errors but my posts aren't normally very long.

Hi ladies, I hope everyone is having a good day. Just wanted to ask fellow lttcs, do you still use opk/temping? I ask becuase we've been ttc for 16 months this month I do not feel like being bothered.

Hi Prayingforno1,

I used opk for first couple months, I've never temped for 2 reasons - one is I dont have a clue where to start and two is that I didn't want to have that level of concentration on it. I am fortunate now that I know when I'm ovulating as I get twinges on whatever side it happens from, so I've also not used opk for a while, maybe I wd if I didn't get twinge? But maybe now as I'm trying to be less conscious of it all and focus on other things as it feels like I've tried so many different things and got my hopes high and been disappointed. I think I'm at the point now where I'm thinking it will happen when it happens and focussing on all the small details wont hurry that moment along.

Hope you are well :) Hoping for good results with the Clomid! x

Like your name says - I am thankful for HISGRACE lol. I'd be in a sorry state without His grace xxx

Hi Ladies -

I would really love to be a part of this thread. I decided a few months ago to not let TTC consume me- which results in me visiting the boards pretty infrequently these days. I was a part of the original Christian support thread started by GodsJewel/Sarah and still visit now and again and of course pray for everyone on there.

I'm "Lilly", 30. Like Stevens, I have been TTC for over a year however the amount of cycles isn't consistent as I don't ovulate on my own. Even though I'm not thinking about TTC every single day I still experience the broken heart more than I'd like to.

I just finished my 6th round of clomid (not consecutive) and got my first HcG shot yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately my hubby and I weren't able to DTD at all yesterday (or Sunday) so I let the emotions and hormones take over and was absolutely crushed. I picked myself up and that's what led me here - I wanted to request that you ladies keep me in your prayers to lift me up and not lose hope. I have to remind myself that with Him, all things are possible and the window of opportunity isn't necesarily closed quite yet. I am still believing for my miracle forever baby/babies even more so now that my own plan/timing was foiled and all I can do is trust that he knows the desires of my heart and hears my deepest prayers.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and offering support where I can!

:hugs:
Hi Lilly,

Welcome my friend. Thank you for the prayers you have said for others on the original thread. I hope on the rare occasions you revisit here that you will find some understanding and love from your fellow triers :)

I will def being praying for hope in your heart. I have a success story which I hope you dont mind me sharing today. I'm just back from church where my friend goes and she was TTC for 5 yrs. She was eventually told she had 0% chance of becoming pregnant naturally. They hadn't told anyone they were trying and she was devastated at the news, years of trying in vain and wasted time in her eyes. They are fortunate enough to afford IVF and made an appointment. You've guessed it, today I was looking into the face of her newborn boy. I complete miracle from God when she was told no hope was there. Her time came, yours is yet to come, keep your wee chin up my friend, dont lose hope, trust that it will happen some day and rest in His promises.

Huge hugs,
JM

Well ladies, hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. I just lifted you all in prayer to the One who is worthy. I thanked Him for all our blessings and promises, I asked that He keeps our hearts at peace so we can trust Him, I thanked Him that everything has a season and prayed He would prepare us for the seasons which are coming. I thanked Him that we can't earn His love, but that He gives it freely becuae He Is Love

Doesn't that delight you? Well then - Delight yourself in the LORD (Yahweh) and He will grant you the desires of your heart :wohoo::headspin::yipee:

Fingers crossed that not bothering does the trick!!! I feel more relaxed this month not stressing everyday waiting to see the smiley face on the opk lol. I know will all happen for us all in HIS time.

Hahahaha im laughing in sympathy because i know the feeling! Man is it good to just lay back and relax.:thumbup:

Oh sweetie, it's good to vent once in awhile and we are all here for you and understand how you feel.

While I was on my mini vacation this past weekend, my sis-in-law who has 2 boys, a 4 month old and a 1 & 1/2 yr old was talking about starting to ttc her 3rd child this August because she wants to have the baby near summer since she is a teacher and gets the summer off. She conceived both her children in 6 months. It just amazes me that she can plan it and it will probably happen. I kinda was hurt by the fact that she was talking about it knowing my situation, but I guess I can't blame her, I don't expect anyone to walk on egg shells around me. I just have to remember how blessed I am and that soon I will have another niece/nephew to love and spoil.

You are so right, never in my life did I think I was going to be on this journey coming up to 5 yrs...but I'm so glad that I have wonderful support from you all and that I have Jesus in my life to help me through it. I don't know what I would do without Him.[/QUOTE]

Oh Sarah im sorry, it's strange i could feel your hurt you must of felt that day she casually discused her baby plans for a third additon. We as humans would quickly be offended and hurt by her words that were inconsiderant and lacking in compassion knowing what you are going through. Lucky for you, you have your friends and loving husband that share your pain. We as christians dont have to take offense to those that dont understand the love that we feel from God. God is all we need, babies and husbands are an added bonus :happydance: 'We choose to be offended' and i look up to you for not taking offence and seeing the positive in the situation. Amen to your maturity and strength.

:flower: xx

Hahahaha im laughing in sympathy because i know the feeling! Man is it good to just lay back and relax.:thumbup:
Yes I feel FREEEEEE!! lol

Bec I do find that people can be a bit insensitive when it comes to ttc especially when the minute their hubby touches them they are pregnant. In my case, when we first started ttc I told close family we were going to try but after it didn't happen right away I never talked about our journey with anyone but my hubby. So no one knows the journey we are on. My sister in law has been ttc since they got married 4 years ago and before I started ttc myself I didn't fully understand the emotions she must have been going through.

I know that this ttc journey will only ensure we truly cherish and love our little bundles of joys even more when they come our way. Like you, the support here is awesome for me!!! Especially as I am trying to keep my journey private so as not to have any unnecessary pressure from family and friends. You ladies Rock!!!

Hi ladies, I hope everyone is having a good day. Just wanted to ask fellow lttcs, do you still use opk/temping? I ask becuase we've been ttc for 16 months this month I do not feel like being bothered.

I'm in the same boat as you. I just don't feel like being bothered. I temped last month, but I felt like I became obsessive. Then got my hopes way up only to have them crushed. So this month has been much more relaxed. Only bad thing is I have PCOS so I'm not even sure if I ovulated this month. :shrug:

my grace is sufficient.jpg

Dropping in to send some love to my sisters! And thank you, Just_Married, for the encouraging note!

And because I feel like praising ... here are some lyrics :thumbup:

All things are possible for you,
All things are possible.
Nothing's too difficult for you,
Nothing's to difficult.
I'm ready for change, ready for rain,
Ready for favor, I know you able to

Turn it around-
Open the windows of Heaven,
Pour out a blessing, overflow.
Turn it around-
Open the windows of Heaven,
Pour out a blessing we cannot contain -
Let it rain!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yes I feel FREEEEEE!! lol

Bec I do find that people can be a bit insensitive when it comes to ttc especially when the minute their hubby touches them they are pregnant. In my case, when we first started ttc I told close family we were going to try but after it didn't happen right away I never talked about our journey with anyone but my hubby. So no one knows the journey we are on. My sister in law has been ttc since they got married 4 years ago and before I started ttc myself I didn't fully understand the emotions she must have been going through.

I know that this ttc journey will only ensure we truly cherish and love our little bundles of joys even more when they come our way. Like you, the support here is awesome for me!!! Especially as I am trying to keep my journey private so as not to have any unnecessary pressure from family and friends. You ladies Rock!!!

I get what you mean by the comments some woman make like as soon as their husbands have looked at them they have fallen pregnant. It cuts to the core thats for sure, but i know they probably weren't planning the way we were or have everything in their lives set up for a baby (not all woman TTC have everything set up, some vary more then others but woman TTC definately are more organised for a baby ie: we either have a house, or have budgeted for a baby, or are physcially or emotionally ready for a positive test to come) Because we know we are REALLY ready we set other things aligned. So at least thats a bonus as you find some woman who don't plan end up not knowing things cost a fortune! or struggle on one income! and so fourth... i dunno.. just trying to see the glass half full hehe!

You know thats the best advice to tell friends & family minimal about your baby struggles. I'm one of 5 and my family and i are super close so they know but my inlaws have no clue. You find it helps so much when they dont try and understand with comments that actually make you feel worse like 'dont stress about it', 'it will come when its ready'. My mum easily had 5 children and she sometimes cries as she feels the pain for me and doesnt understand why it's hard for me to conceive like she did, so yes it does help when those terribly close to you can sympathise, but not helpful to those who can't.

Funny you say that about your sister in law, my sister in law was TTC for 4 yrs. She was reaching 40yrs of age and had 1% chance of conceiving naturally. 1 mth before doing IVF she fell pregnant naturally. It was 100% God, and 0% her doing. And yes - i keep reminding her that :blush: she doesnt know God, and im really praying she will afterall he blessed her beyond Dr's odds. And that i will never let her live down heheheh.

Support on here was the best thing i have ever done, i tell my family members.. and they think im a bit crazy how excited i get talking about this so called 'thread' i'm on hahah!:thumbup:

I'm in the same boat as you. I just don't feel like being bothered. I temped last month, but I felt like I became obsessive. Then got my hopes way up only to have them crushed. So this month has been much more relaxed. Only bad thing is I have PCOS so I'm not even sure if I ovulated this month. :shrug:

Tips to see if you are ovulating

- Ebay is great for bulk ovulating kits. I recently purchased 50 sticks for $10 AUS
- Chemist sells Maybe Baby a ovulating wand you can keep on using, sold for $70 AUS
- Body Basal Temperature Graph & monitor your temp every morning helps see when you have ovulated

Worth a try looking around for either one as you save money that way and you know for sure if you have ovulated. :flower:

I came across this during my study and it really blessed me. I pray it blesses you, too.

Isaiah 54 (Message Translation)

Spread Out! Think Big!

1-6 "Sing, barren woman, who has never had a baby.
Fill the air with song, you who've never experienced childbirth!
You're ending up with far more children
than all those childbearing women." God says so!
"Clear lots of ground for your tents!
Make your tents large. Spread out! Think big!
Use plenty of rope,
drive the tent pegs deep.
You're going to need lots of elbow room
for your growing family.
You're going to take over whole nations;
you're going to resettle abandoned cities.
Don't be afraid—you're not going to be embarrassed.
Don't hold back—you're not going to come up short.
You'll forget all about the humiliations of your youth,
and the indignities of being a widow will fade from memory.
For your Maker is your bridegroom,
his name, God-of-the-Angel-Armies!
Your Redeemer is The Holy of Israel,
known as God of the whole earth.
You were like an abandoned wife, devastated with grief,
and God welcomed you back,
Like a woman married young
and then left," says your God.

7-8Your Redeemer God says:
"I left you, but only for a moment.
Now, with enormous compassion, I'm bringing you back.
In an outburst of anger I turned my back on you—
but only for a moment.
It's with lasting love
that I'm tenderly caring for you.

9-10"This exile is just like the days of Noah for me:
I promised then that the waters of Noah
would never again flood the earth.
I'm promising now no more anger,
no more dressing you down.
For even if the mountains walk away
and the hills fall to pieces,
My love won't walk away from you,
my covenant commitment of peace won't fall apart."
The God who has compassion on you says so.

11-17"Afflicted city, storm-battered, unpitied:
I'm about to rebuild you with stones of turquoise,
Lay your foundations with sapphires,
construct your towers with rubies,
Your gates with jewels,
and all your walls with precious stones.
All your children will have God for their teacher—
what a mentor for your children!
You'll be built solid, grounded in righteousness,
far from any trouble—nothing to fear!
far from terror—it won't even come close!
If anyone attacks you,
don't for a moment suppose that I sent them,
And if any should attack,
nothing will come of it.
I create the blacksmith
who fires up his forge
and makes a weapon designed to kill.
I also create the destroyer—
but no weapon that can hurt you has ever been forged.
Any accuser who takes you to court
will be dismissed as a liar.
This is what God's servants can expect.
I'll see to it that everything works out for the best."
God's Decree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members