Christmas countdown - 0 days to go!! Today's the day!!

I think it will happen by the sounds of it. Will this affect schools and workplaces like it did earlier this year?
I don’t think they will close the schools this time but may say work from home if you can x

I don’t think they will close the schools this time but may say work from home if you can x
That's what I think. Work from home where possible, schools open but anything non essential shut. Going to be a difficult few weeks if it does happen.

Yes I dont think it'll be like last time but more than currently. Hopefully it'll only be a couple of weeks.

It will be a difficult few weeks. Will people who can't work from home get furlough pay again do you know?

Anxiously awaiting Boris' meeting at 4pm today!

I've seen something about a third payment for self employed people so I'm assuming if they are doing that then they would do a furlough payment but it'll only be something like 45% if I read it correctly for self employed so people are still going to majorly struggle.

I don't really understand what it covers. I don't know why schools remain open if other places have to close :(

I don't really understand what it covers. I don't know why schools remain open if other places have to close :(

Personally I'm glad schools stay open as my girls thrive at school and lockdown had a huge affect on their learning. I can work from home so we won't be mixing much.

Yes, I think it does have an effect on the learning when they have to stay at home. I know mine do better at school than I could ever teach them!

I was wondering that but a teacher friend of mine pointed out "how many cases in schools have been passed on through parents who have not bothered to socially distance or cut back on their social lives? Going to pubs etc" I thought it was a good point, as I know for a fact they didn't socially distance in terms pub for my grandads "wake" we didn't organise it and we didn't go, but my mums cousin went down there and was there 11 hours and said it was packed and no social distancing.
I know I'm capable of educating the boys, but Zac needs to get out of the house regularly, even this week after 3 days he was going stir crazy. And now his sports will be cancelled again. Sigh. Other than that though I rarely go to a physical shop, they can still go to school, John can go to work, we never see anyone, nothing will change for us.

I’m glad schools are staying open I need my routine and sanity haha! Even though that’s means I’ll still be at work as I work in a school.
It’s been bad enough over half term trying to keep the kids entertained.

I see furlough is being extended and still at 80% though so that must be reassuring for those who will need it

Hopefully by doing this they can ease things for December/Christmas

Hopefully! It would be so nice if we could see families for Christmas ❤️

As horrible as it is, I am glad they are keeping schools open. My kids especially my son needs routine, my son does not cope with changes to his routine.

Let’s hope that Christmas is saved and we can be with our loved ones x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->