Christmas Pickle anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the why bird

Reaction score
Anyone do this tradition? You hide a pickle on Christmas Eve somewhere in the decorations and the first person to find it on Christmas morning gets an extra gift and/or good luck for a year.

I didn't really want to add yet more token gifts so we're declaring the person who finds it 'The Pickle King' or Queen. Bought an inflatable crown and I'm sewing some felt pickle shapes onto a bit of gold fabric to make a cloak. It's just the kind of daft tradition my family love.

Care to share your quirky traditions?

That's brilliant :rofl: never heard of it!

Not for Christmas but for birthdays we play a game called "how green you are". All of the presents are hidden around the front room in the morning and you have to go and find them, the only clue to where they are is everyone standing around singing "how green you are" quietly, and they get louder the closer you get to one. My Nan did it with my Mum, my Mum did it with us (and still did until we were about 18 :blush:) and I now do it with Lucas :haha: it's lots of fun!

I love that Kate! What a brilliant little game, it sounds great fun.

:rofl::rofl: both of them are hilarious and sound like brilliant fun! When DS a bit older I'd like to do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"