Christmas Puddings! December 2013 Babies - come join us!

Had a very stressful 2weeks with my bloody mother- we don't get on at all. Anyway last night after another phone argument with her I started to feel dizzy and getting pain at the top of my bump. It's kind of between my ribs and to the right, kept me up in the night and still there this morning and can't get comfortable! Feels like a stretching type pain...is it just ligament pain?

I had this Lola on Saturday it scared me to death. I was also going hot and breathless, so after a while I phoned labour ward and they told me to go in and get checked. I was on the monitors for 20 mins and all they said was it was pregnancy ailments. If you're still concerned it wouldn't hurt to phone midwife and ask. As its my first pregnancy I never know what's normal and what isn't so I'd rather ask questions than just plod on.
Ignore your mum, and try not to let her stress you out. I'm having issues with my sis, she hasn't spoken to me since oct 6th, when I stuck up for my mum!? I kept stressing myself out about it, and it isn't worth it. So im just thinking sod her, and focusing on my little baby xx:hugs:

How we doing girls? Not long left now! I've been in hospital for the last week - silly baby refusing to move! Full story is on my journal, but it's been a pretty emotional week :(
Glad to be back home now, hopefully I can keep the sprog inside for a few more weeks at least!

Caesarian date dec 6th 2013 and my little boy will be here

Glad your ok Amy! Any more news on induction?
Kaiecee that's so exciting! Not long to wait now....so jealous you know when you'll meet your little one! Any names picked yet? I can't believe we're at that stage where people are starting to have their babies.....madness!! X

No, had my detailed scan today which shows low fluid and no fetal growth since last week...have o go for anther scan next week to compare fluid level and to see I he's grown any. I assume induction will happen next week if its not good news :( x

No, had my detailed scan today which shows low fluid and no fetal growth since last week...have o go for anther scan next week to compare fluid level and to see I he's grown any. I assume induction will happen next week if its not good news :( x

Try to think positive as hard as it is sometimes! Hopefully things will have improved next week and if not wait and see what they say again. Must be frustrating that they have changed their minds about what to do alot in the last week leaves you second guessing whats going to happen!
On a positive note my friend had a baby at 34weeks in August and after a short stay in nicu she's now thriving at home I know it's different for everyone but sometimes it's good to hear positive stories.
Take care and keep us updated x

Amy
What does it mean if he's not growing and what will they do I hope all improves for ur scan next week

As of last night were thinking maybe Caleb but not sure we had Finley and Jacob but still no name running out of time

I'm not sure, they said they have to wait until next week to determine the growth issue because one week between scans isn't long enough. So next week they will compare that scan against last weeks. They said that they can't make any decisions until then. I guess if he grows some then they will leave me be, and if not then they'll be looking to deliver.
I know they're trying to keep him in for as long as possible, but seriously? What has to happen for them to decide its right to get him out?
His movements were cause for them to think about inducing seriously enough to give me the steroids, the fact they suspect I have a water leak should be enough to induce IMO, the risk of infection is massive and I'm not sure it's a risk I'm happy to take. Am I overreacting there? That coupled with the fact he's not grown in a week? It seems crazy to me that they're wanting to keep him inside.
I imagine that I'm feeling like this because I'm so worried, but does it look that way from the outside? What would you guys do/think?

Tbh Amy I think you're doing great I would be a mess and would most probably be sobbing my heart out at hospital. I'm a natural worrier tho, but I would seriously visit the hospital daily if I could. Like I said before even if it's reassurance to hear Oliver's heart beat or see movements on a scan. I know it must be hard but try and rest up a bit and not panic too much hunny xx:hugs:

I need to post in here more! How is everyone? :flower:

I need to go get my BP checked today :( Last week it was the tiniest bit high for me and I'm still having constant headaches, what's the bets it's normal!

Amy
I don't think u are overreacting this is ur baby and have every right to know what's going on I think waiting a week is too long max 3 days they should have given u another ultrasound because it's not just growth but ur liquids too

I'm having a growing issue too. I was hoping to get answers this week, but i only got half answers. Two appointments ago I was measuring behind. One appointment ago I hadn't grown at all since being behind. This appointment yesterday, I've finally grown but I'm still not up to where I'm supposed to be. All this pregnancy and last pregnancy I've been spot on, so I don't like this. Now I get to wait another week and a half to see if I catch up or not. If I don't, I'm being sent for an ultrasound to check out the placenta.

So sorry to hear that, BabyLove! How rough.

Got some good news today - I started lactating! There's now quite a bit of colostrum leaking. I'm so excited about it for some reason, I think because it shows that baby is going to be here so soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->