• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Circumcision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this in passing to my (uncircumcised) husband and the look of horror on his face was enough to tell me what he thought!:rofl: He's in the Army and thinks that the US military is largely responsible for the prevalence of circumcison in the US - they circumcised loads of servicemen during the wars because they thought it would help prevent STDs and 'trench-willy'. When the men came back they decided that there was no way they would want their sons to have to go through it as adults, so the trend for infant circumcision took off. On the other hand, I expect that the NHS just couldn't afford to do it, so that never happened in the UK!

I think there are strong medical reasons for some babies to have it done (eg if there's an immediate problem, family history of cancer etc), but otherwise it does just largely seem down to personal choice. Personally I've never really been bothered about the looks of the thing - I can't imagine having a preference one way or another, I'm more bothered about the man it's attached to!

Why is it done?
I'm having a girl but even if i was having a boy i wouldn't have thought about it as, obviously, i don't know what the reasoning is behind it?!..xx

Cultural, religious, cosmetic, for the health advantages and for parents personal choice. Xoxo

Will you yes or no?

Certainly not!

Why or why not?

Its not necessary in my eyes and wrong ( I dont care who gets offended at me saying that it its my opinion). We do not have such practise here.

Will you yes or no?

Certainly not!

Why or why not?

Its not necessary in my eyes and wrong ( I dont care who gets offended at me saying that it its my opinion). We do not have such practise here.

Can you please state your opinion without trying to cause offence thank you :flower: x

prevents UTIs, some STIs, Cancer in the penis and other problems that can occur with foreskin . . . Check NHS website for details xoxo

Will you yes or no?

Certainly not!

Why or why not?

Can you please state your opinion without trying to cause offence thank you :flower: x

i didnt find it offensive she merely stated her opinion
tbh i think its unecessary and downright barbaric, cutting off a piece of your childs body is gross to me,i wouldnt cut their earlobes off because theyre not needed so why the penis?

I will definitely NOT be doing it if I have a boy. In the UK it's not as common as USA, but it's not just for that reason that I won't - I just personally feel that it was put there by nature to protect a vulnerable part of the male body and there is no need to remove it. I feel that the uncircumcised penis does not look complete. It is there to protect from bacteria entering the penis - as long as it is kept clean underneath there should be no problems. My partner is uncut and he would be horrified if I even mentioned circumcision. I think the reasoning that it is culturally acceptable to do it and it should be done to avoid teasing and feeling different is very outdated because lots of men have it these days, lots of men don't. xxx

Will you yes or no?

Certainly not!

Why or why not?

tbh i think its unecessary and downright barbaric, cutting off a piece of your childs body is gross to me,i wouldnt cut their earlobes off because theyre not needed so why the penis?

Just because I dont agree with it does not mean its offensive its my opinion I didnt say anything about anyone else doing it.

God i couldn't imagine telling my OH i wanted our baby to have a circumcision! :rofl:
He would FREEEAK!

I have a boy and it never even crossed my mind, I think it's pretty much unheard of here apart from for medical and religous reasons. I have absolutely no idea if any males, young or old, that I know have been circumcised - it's just not the kind of thing that is discussed. It's just not an issue around here.

(apart from the man I sleep with of course but that's between him and me :blush:)

my lo is being done in two days i have no choice as its religion only say i have is where he has it done! x

my lo is being done in two days i have no choice as its religion only say i have is where he has it done! x

You still have a say if its not what you want honey! Even if it is your religion...i wouldn't be letting any religion force me into doing something i didn't want..xx

Will you yes or no?

Certainly not!

Why or why not?

I find the terms barbaric and gross offensive please don’t post on this thread if you are going to offend those who choose to do it! Its terms like this that turn these threads into heated rows I may have asked for an opinion however I don’t want anyone to feel hurt or offended by there personal choice.

We will not be doing it to our son.. I told DH it is his decision to make and he is against it. So no, unless of course there is a health reason and we absolutely have to.

Will you yes or no?

Certainly not!

Why or why not?

Just because I dont agree with it does not mean its offensive its my opinion I didnt say anything about anyone else doing it.

I have not cared and welcomed all opinions whether they agree or disagree the fact that you state its wrong and you don’t care who you offend is what I find offensive.

Well thats your opinion. I have mind. I do not care if someone is offended because i think different the same as you shouldnt. You did ask people why not in your original question and they gave you an answer. I to think its barbaric but you did ask. Maybe when stating you want peoples opinions you can say to sugar coat them if people disagree. And again I do not care who has had it done its just what I think and thats what i was asked.

This is gna turn nasty isnt it?!
But honey i dont think you can get offended when people give you their opinions after you ask for them. Just because it's different from your views doesn't make it offensive..xx

There’s being rude and there’s sugar coating and tbh your being rude your opinion as in its not practised here I don’t agree with it are not going to annoy those who want it done, calling it barbaric and stating its a non offensive comment well that’s rude and offensive.

I thought it was common knowledge to be polite and to respect others decisions and no its not respectful to say a procedure which must still be common as a lot of women on here are getting done to their Los, is gross, barbaric or wrong.

This is gna turn nasty isnt it?!
But honey i dont think you can get offended when people give you their opinions after you ask for them. Just because it's different from your views doesn't make it offensive..xx

I never found no other comments offensive that didn’t agree with mine (which there are a lot of), just those who claim state it to be wrong, gross and barbaric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->