Clomid buddies?

The Doc gave me a three month prescription at 50mg she's already told me after follicle tracking last month that they will only prescribe Clomid for 6 months due to the increase of risk of cancer but she also said that due to me responding so well to the small dose they won't be increasing the dosage for me but will look at me going on it for the full 6 months before referring me for IVF xx

Lulu that's great news so now you know your batch are working properly and hopefully now them lines will start to get darker again now FX for you xx

Angela- my doc was going to do the same for us....give me a 3 mo th prescription for the Clomid to continue each month. So if af shows her face I have to call and ask them for the 3 month prescription so I can start for next cycle.
My dh keeps asking 'when will we know??' I tell him at least by this weekend because one of my apps says af is due Sunday where the other 2 say I'm due for af on Tuesday...It's so hard because I am so nervous to see bother bfn. But if we go on to the next cycle then we do. Fx for all of us! 😊

Also I had the worst PMS pains ever last night never suffered from them before ever I don't know how women go through them each month they are grim I thought due to the pains I would have full blown AF today but nope I sound like you now Star e I just want it to hurry and come now hate this stuck in limbo it's worse than the TWW lol xx

yea, i totally agree. waiting for AF is the worst. once AF comes, I consider that to be pretty good b/c it means you are on the road again. getting closer to making it happen. last cycle i knew i had not bfp as i did not ovd and i was just waiting for AF, it was very frustrating and boring. when i have bad pms i usually take a midol and i find it helpful. they also have something called pamprin and it helps.

Star- yay!! So happy for you that you are staring Clomid!!! Fx for you! Remind me, are you doing IUI as well or just times bd?

Cupcake- how many dpo are you? You're never out the af shows her face! ☺️

Angela- fx for you! I always had the expensive opks but I finally got the ic's and they work just as well and I would use an expensive one to 'verify'. Did you doc write you a prescription for Clomid already or do you make an appointment with them to see them first?

lulu, yes i am doing IUI this cycle with a trigger shot. when you do the trigger shot, do you do the shot yourself? I was confused b/c they gave me a prescription for the shot. i dont know if that means i have to give it to myself or what. i didn't ask! i have an appointment on monday so i can ask then.

Angela- my doc was going to do the same for us....give me a 3 mo th prescription for the Clomid to continue each month. So if af shows her face I have to call and ask them for the 3 month prescription so I can start for next cycle.
My dh keeps asking 'when will we know??' I tell him at least by this weekend because one of my apps says af is due Sunday where the other 2 say I'm due for af on Tuesday...It's so hard because I am so nervous to see bother bfn. But if we go on to the next cycle then we do. Fx for all of us! 😊

lulu, what apps do you use? my fx are crossed for you!!! keep us updated! hope you get your BFP, would be so exciting!

is this your second cycle with IUI?

cowgirl: Has 50mg worked for you before? It did not work for me at all. I hope it does work for you! I had some symptoms with 50mg, like getting really bloated and having some tingling sensation, but still no o.
Well, yes and no. CD 21 revealed too low of progesterone so Dr concluded that no o occurred .but I waited.. I have heard before that Clomid can work just a later than what they expect. Ended up with ds out of it.
I know Dr said they won't work for me bc of the Pcos, but Damn I wish I had done an ppl

Really really wish the best for all of you. Infertility is so rough

cowgirl: Has 50mg worked for you before? It did not work for me at all. I hope it does work for you! I had some symptoms with 50mg, like getting really bloated and having some tingling sensation, but still no o.
Well, yes and no. CD 21 revealed too low of progesterone so Dr concluded that no o occurred .but I waited.. I have heard before that Clomid can work just a later than what they expect. Ended up with ds out of it.
I know Dr said they won't work for me bc of the Pcos, but Damn I wish I had done an ppl

Really really wish the best for all of you. Infertility is so rough

that's a wonderful story - that you ended up with ds even though they had said no O. good luck on this cycle! i hope we all get our BFPs soon!

Star- they did the trigger shot for me but I have heard that people have done the trigger shot at home which I wanted because of time but it ended up working out. I have heard 36 hours after trigger is the best time for IUI. So try to time it well. :) I felt myself O a few hours after IUI. Or it was IUI but it was those strong pains that felt like O.
I use FF, Ovia and Ovulation calculator. I will post my test tomorrow morning again.

Cowgirl fx that this cycle is like before! Fx for bfp!

Any of you seem like you have on and off twinging in your ovaries all the time? Mine make me crazy bc I think that it must mean ovulation time

Im 16dpo, surely if I was going to get a bfp it would have shown by now.. I ov'd on cd16 not cd15. Still bfn anyway! I can't even compare to the last time I was pg as I didn't find out til I was 5/6 weeks. Just wish af would hurry up if I'm not going to get my bfp x

Star- they did the trigger shot for me but I have heard that people have done the trigger shot at home which I wanted because of time but it ended up working out. I have heard 36 hours after trigger is the best time for IUI. So try to time it well. :) I felt myself O a few hours after IUI. Or it was IUI but it was those strong pains that felt like O.
I use FF, Ovia and Ovulation calculator. I will post my test tomorrow morning again.

Cowgirl fx that this cycle is like before! Fx for bfp!

so doing it at home is good bc I can time BD better? I will make sure to BD those 36 hours after trigger. do you BD ED after trigger and is one time a day better than twice for those 36 hours? also when you do Your trigger shot, how long after that do they perform the IUI?

Any of you seem like you have on and off twinging in your ovaries all the time? Mine make me crazy bc I think that it must mean ovulation time

I had tingling sensations on my first round of clomid. I did not o but I felt tingling. I had not felt those sensations before. not pain just a tingling.

Star- However the timing works out best for you. My doc said that when I got the trigger at 9am on a Monday that I would O around 9pm on Tuesday night so I tried to do the IUI as late as possible on Tuesday which was around 4pm and I've heard that getting the IUI within 4-6 hours of O time is good timing. So I think they do it 36 hours after from my understanding. As for bd we bd 1 more day after the IUI the next day. So we didn't bd right after IUI cuz dh was kinda tired by that time and was just did 1 more time on Wednesday to try to cover all our bases. I've heard once a day is good enough and when you bd more than once a day it doesn't give the guy enough time to produce more sperm. We had bd the day before IUI and dh's numbers were a little lower the day of IUI but there were enough to do the IUI.

Star- However the timing works out best for you. My doc said that when I got the trigger at 9am on a Monday that I would O around 9pm on Tuesday night so I tried to do the IUI as late as possible on Tuesday which was around 4pm and I've heard that getting the IUI within 4-6 hours of O time is good timing. So I think they do it 36 hours after from my understanding. As for bd we bd 1 more day after the IUI the next day. So we didn't bd right after IUI cuz dh was kinda tired by that time and was just did 1 more time on Wednesday to try to cover all our bases. I've heard once a day is good enough and when you bd more than once a day it doesn't give the guy enough time to produce more sperm. We had bd the day before IUI and dh's numbers were a little lower the day of IUI but there were enough to do the IUI.

thank you so much for this very clear explanation. this was very helpful. I am realizing I don't know enough about IUI so I'm going to start doing research. I appreciate the tips with timing. I'll try to get IUI done at a good time as well. and yea it does make sense to BD the day after too. just in case. definitely on trigger day and o day. DH and I will prob do EOD after clomid as well. cause I don't think EOD could hurt.

I am just hoping I get to this step. first I have to go through the hurdle of Oing. hopefully clomid works this time!

how are you doing?

Fx for you star!! You're welcome, I'm the same and still don't know everything but I google different questions and read about them online. I also talked to a guy I work with who went through the same thing with the same doc and he gave me some tips on timing and such.

Fx for you star!! You're welcome, I'm the same and still don't know everything but I google different questions and read about them online. I also talked to a guy I work with who went through the same thing with the same doc and he gave me some tips on timing and such.

fx for you! keep us updated.

Angela: any updates?

Cowgirl I got twinges all the way even still getting them today at CD1 of a new cycle xx

lulu wen is AF due if you still don't see any sign of AF and still BFN go your Docs as they will do bloods which are very precise you may be pregnant just not showing enough HCG yet xx

star e AF started today still only very light but it's now fresh blood not old so I'm classing this as CD1 of a new cycle now xx just need to get heavier so Clomid round three can start xx

Angela- Af is either due Sunday or Tuesday....since I O'd late I think my cycle will be longer? At least I hope it will so my lp will be normal. I will call them Tuesday if af doesn't show.
Fx for you for this cycle!! 😊

Cowgirl I got twinges all the way even still getting them today at CD1 of a new cycle xx

lulu wen is AF due if you still don't see any sign of AF and still BFN go your Docs as they will do bloods which are very precise you may be pregnant just not showing enough HCG yet xx

star e AF started today still only very light but it's now fresh blood not old so I'm classing this as CD1 of a new cycle now xx just need to get heavier so Clomid round three can start xx

do your cycles vary in terms of the heaviness? the provera made me bleed a lot but the cycle was a lot lighter. it was like medium flow and then light flow. the provera made AF stick around for a very long time though. I remember last cycle at cd 9 I still had a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->