Clomid buddies?

Thanks Angela!

Question for everyone: when did you get a positive opk on clomid? And we're you not ovulating at all before or why
Were you on it?

Currently cd 12 and my OPKs are more negative than ever. I don't want to loose hope but I am starting to already.

I got my first positive opk on cd 16. but the OPKs don't actually work on me. I had them positive for nearly two weeks. my pcos caused them to ready positive. I never ovd that cycle. I started clomid bc pcos. I don't ovd on my own. doc told me I was clomid resistant and you are up to date with all my injection drama and the over stim situation.

I hope you get your positive opk! remeber w clomid people normally ovd between 5-10 days after taking the pill. you are at cd 11. did u take them from cd 5-9 or 3-7?

also some people ovd late with clomid. so don't lose hope yet!

I took them 3-7 so I guess I'll try not to stress until cd 16 or so. I'm just such a stresser haha

So I'm sure you said but if your follicles still grow can you bd and concieve naturally?

I took them 3-7 so I guess I'll try not to stress until cd 16 or so. I'm just such a stresser haha

So I'm sure you said but if your follicles still grow can you bd and concieve naturally?

you still have several days to go. I hope you get that LH surge. fx for you.

if the Follie grows and the others don't then we can do the IUI and BD on our own. tomorrow is my appointment. I'd be very surprised if there is still a shot this cycle. I'm on cd 22 already. I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

keep us updated on the opk situation and if you start getting some symptoms like ewcm then maybe on those days try texting more than once. you have to do a four hour hold. even though OPKs didn't work well for me I remember them saying nothing in the morning sometimes but then positive in the afternoon.

Star e Goodluck today I hope you do get good news xx

Mrs Green well my first round of Clomid shortened my cycle to only 26 days so I Od as soon as AF went didn't start OPKS till CD12 so completely missed my shot but bloods confirmed O, the second cycle I Od late CD16 the later you O the more likely to get multiples follicle tracking confirmed I had released three eggs the pain I felt was awful but due to the death of DHS gramps we didn't time BD well as couldn't BD on O day or day after only one day before plus Clomid dried my CM up that month and I had to rely on Preseed xx this month my third month everything has levelled out my CM was back didn't have to use Preseed once I Od CD13 and follicle tracking confirmed I'd released one egg and we've timed BD well.

Clomid is strange and it can shorten it or lengthen it, it's took me three months to level out on clomid xx my advice due to that is to buy loads of cheapie Internet Opks do them twice a day as soon as AF goes xx I know a few people on here didn't O till CD21 so there is still hope xx. FX for you xx

so went in today. all of the follicles continued to grow. I now have 7 mature follicles. cycle is officially cancelled. DH and I have been instructed not to BD for one to two weeks until these follicles have shrunk. after that I'll have to take the meds for ten days to induce AF. so basically I'm out for another month. unless the follicles shrink in one week but doc said it could take two weeks. even more than wanting to get back to trying to ttc, I want these follies to shrink soon bc I am so uncomfortable! I'm also scared about how much potential pain I'll feel if I ovd on my own given the number of mature follicles. I have an appointment next week for a consultation on what's next for us. if at that appointment they seem negative as to the prospects of a protocol that works with our insurance coverage, I'll look for another clinic.

also I had forgot to tell the doc that DH and I BDed on Saturday. so I went back and told the nurse and she said it's okay as long as we don't anymore. she said sperm does not really last beyond two days. should I be worried about out this?

also if these eggs shrink, does anyone know what happens to them? are they still potentially good follicles for another cycle or were they harmed in some way by growing and then shrinking?

Star e so sorry to hear that I really am so there is a chance that you could O but 7 follicles is alot and very dangerous, my heart goes out to you hun it really does FX you get the answers you deserve hun xx

Your follicles will just die out and collapse and disintegrate every month you loose 10,000 eggs they all start in follicles but don't all grow only one becomes dominant nearly all do not grow and after O they dissolve away with the one that bursts collapses and produces progesterone. I guess there playing safe with two weeks as they might not burst at the same time xx

Star e so sorry to hear that I really am so there is a chance that you could O but 7 follicles is alot and very dangerous, my heart goes out to you hun it really does FX you get the answers you deserve hun xx

Your follicles will just die out and collapse and disintegrate every month you loose 10,000 eggs they all start in follicles but don't all grow only one becomes dominant nearly all do not grow and after O they dissolve away with the one that bursts collapses and produces progesterone. I guess there playing safe with two weeks as they might not burst at the same time xx

okay so at least I don't have to feel bad about losing the follies. I'd have lost them anyway. I'm so sad right now. I just think this journey is going to be so so long. and the fact that I have to wait like a month before trying again. I hope most of them shrink by Monday so I can move on from this.

Here's hoping star e that you get that good news your journey maybe long but it will make it more special when it happens which it will hun I've got faith xx

Oh Star, I hope you find comfort soon. I see the overstim as a good thing in an odd way - you proved you can have mature follies ready to go! I know how disappointing it is to wait for another cycle but I'm so sure it won't take long until you get your BFP. Next cycle, they'll have a better idea on how to treat you, taking out a lot of guesswork this time, I bet! Im so sorry this cycle was so hard. I hope you recover soon and have a better cycle next <3 Angela is right about what happens with follies - don't sweat losing them because its the way it always goes. :) I have to ask, and please don't think I'm crazy lol but are you at all tempted to BD and try with these follies? I know, I know, no one wants a litter of babies, or to be the next Kate Gosselin (ok, except maybe me :winkwink:) And I would never advise you to go against medical advice. I'm not at all saying you should - I'm just wondering what you're thinking! I feel like I'm desperate enough that I'd BD and hope they don't all fertilize lol please don't think I'm terrible!

AFM, still crampy here and there. TMI- Very bad stomach/bm issues this morning but I know it was from over indulging all weekend - we went out to eat twice and had ice cream and junk at home. And I'm lactose intolerant. Not looking into that in terms of TTC lol but I can tell there's still female cramping going on besides the digestive issue. Only one more workday, then I'm off for a follie scan Wed.. Terrified, really. I'm convinced I'll get bad news, but of course my mind flies back and forth into positive/negative. Just wish it would be scan time and get it over with already. Quite tired of thinking about it 24-7. Had to tell some people from work today that I didn't respond to the first round of clomid and my dosage got increased. A few girls were wondering how it went, and I didn't text them all last week/spring break to update them; it just sucks, not a convo you want to have. So I got all kinds of bs generic crap advice. And the therapist next to my office is 3 months pg, with THE cutest bump ever. She's like 5'2 and 100lbs pre-baby. So her bump is all baby, and she's the perfect cute pregnant girl. So jealous. But I know she's a PCOS'er too and it took her forever to conceive. So not as jealous as a regular case, just more so sad for myself and wish it was me. You know what I mean.

Wifebby I was thinking the same I don't think I could not BD incase I did get atleast one sticky egg but it depends on how much pain I would be in as I know it was painful with just three so wouldn't like to imagine how much discomfort all them follies would cause and I completely understand what you mean about others being pg and the generic stuff they say when you tell them your TTC journey everyone around me has either had a baby or pg and talking about how easy it was and how they didn't even know it makes my blood boil and I think why not me why is this so hard xx

Hi ladies!!
Star- I'm so sorry about the over stim but it is good to know that you can produce mature follies!! I hope this next month goes super fast for you so that you can continue with the next cycle.
Angela- the tww can be the worst but I'm getting excited for you to test soon!! &#128522;
Wifey- good luck for Wednesday, I hope the scan looks good!! Also I know how you feel about seeing other women pregnant or announcing. Facebook is flooding with people announcing babies born or that they are pregnant. It's hard to see.

Afm- af has come and gone...now only 2 more af before we can try again...school starts again at the beginning of next month...which I'm not looking forward to and we are visiting family at the end of this month...which I am looking forward to lol. So we are waiting for June hopefully to start again and that's when I turn 30...the next few months are going to be crazy!!
Fx for all you ladies that you get your bfp very soon!!! &#128522;

wifebby - always ask questions! I am all about the exchange and free flow of information, which includes questions! Thank you for the discussion.

I have not thought about BDing. I have the trigger shot in my fridge. So beyond relying on my own body to release the egg, inside my fridge, I have the medicine that's intended to make that happen. but I wouldn't do it b/c I would be too scared of the possibility that more than two eggs would get fertilized. The fear is too large. If the risk were minimal, the clinic would plow forward with the iui, as it would bring $$ to them.

I have read many stories of people going ahead when there were 5 follies, despite the risk, but mine was 7 or 8, I don't remember. And they were all mature, not near maturation. Twins would be awesome, but what if it was more. I have also read stories of people who have had 4 follies and only one got fertilized. So I know it is also possible to BD and maybe the outcome would still only be 1 fertilized egg. But because I don't know what would happen, I have to just abstain.

I know what you mean about gastro-intestinal issues. I have had some problems with them in the past, especially after traveling to some places. It can be such a pain to deal with. Sorry you are have the cramps. Hope it goes away soon, and especially hope you get good news on Wednesday. I know what you mean about thinking about it 24/7. this has been so frustrating b/c its the only thing I am thinking about or want to talk about. and now I am basically out for a month. that's so long! but at least I get to follow all of your journeys on this thread. wed is almost here! yea!

oh and in terms of the girls at work, I can empathize with not wanting to have the convo. I have not told anyone about my ttc journey. and with the over-stim situation, it's been horrible talking to people b/c I am so uncomfortable. I sometimes have to just close my eyes and put my head down for a bit and breathe in and out as the pins and pokes happen.

and yea, of course its hard to see all the pregnant ladies. cause we all want to be there so badly. ive been emotionaly eating too lately, which isn't good. but right now with this over-stim situation and the fact that I am going to have to wait like another month just makes me want another cookie with some ice cream on top.

angela, if those little pups on your profile pic are yours, they are the cutest. ive been meaning to tell you that. so so cute.

uggg, ive done some reasearch on this and found out that for many people who have over-stimmed, the follies turn into cysts and they then have to do bcps for a month or so to get rid of them. i was already complaining about the one month wait, that could be two! this one person even said she had to get surgery to remove one b/c it was so big.

im also so uncomfortable right now. this over-stim sucks!

So sorry to hear about the over stimulation star e. Fx they do not turn into cysts and you can try soon.

Angela- your temps are looking fabulous!

Afm, sorry I have been mia. I must have unsubscribed. We aren't currently trying so I wasn't paying attention. My first af after May 10th is our next ttc cycle.

So sorry to hear about the over stimulation star e. Fx they do not turn into cysts and you can try soon.

Angela- your temps are looking fabulous!

Afm, sorry I have been mia. I must have unsubscribed. We aren't currently trying so I wasn't paying attention. My first af after May 10th is our next ttc cycle.

are you enjoying the break?

Hi ladies!!
Star- I'm so sorry about the over stim but it is good to know that you can produce mature follies!! I hope this next month goes super fast for you so that you can continue with the next cycle.
Angela- the tww can be the worst but I'm getting excited for you to test soon!! &#128522;
Wifey- good luck for Wednesday, I hope the scan looks good!! Also I know how you feel about seeing other women pregnant or announcing. Facebook is flooding with people announcing babies born or that they are pregnant. It's hard to see.

Afm- af has come and gone...now only 2 more af before we can try again...school starts again at the beginning of next month...which I'm not looking forward to and we are visiting family at the end of this month...which I am looking forward to lol. So we are waiting for June hopefully to start again and that's when I turn 30...the next few months are going to be crazy!!
Fx for all you ladies that you get your bfp very soon!!! &#128522;

have fun visiting the family! and yea for only two more AFs. hope it passes by quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->