Clomid buddies?

Star are you in the US? That's very similar to what it is in Canada too.

Star e FX it's a short stim for you as I remember how difficult it was for you with the long stim xx

Just a quick question though if you do only produce say three follies or less with it being possibly a long stim will you revert to IUI and give that another go as it's covered by your insurance or still go to IVF xx

AFM DPO11 still BFN my Temps are slowly dropping everyday too I don't think I'm pregnant at all I'll still do tests each day just because I have so many but I'm not holding out any hope that they'll change as they are stark white I'm only doing ICS and won't take any others at it will be a waist of a good test xx I've got one more month on clomid before I move on to the next phase of my treatment so I'll embrace it give it my best shot but I'm not holding out any hope xx

vankiwiw, yes i am in the US. how are you doing? did you say your next scan is somewhat soon?

angela - so sorry for the bfn. still hope you get it w clomid, but it couldn't hurt to just start learning about ivf just in case.

and im very concerned. you bring up a great point. if its only 3 or 4 follies b/c of a long stim, then i will feel cheated out of a true ivf. they wont let us switch out of it. we paid in full already. this is what i am concerned about. i wont be able to accept getting 3 or 4 b/c why would they choose such a route when i know through experience that i can get up to 20 since that is what happened to me when i overstimmed. so i will be devastated if the time i pay the ivf price i only get 3 or 4. i feel a lot of pressure this cycle b/c of the cost. time is going by so slowly, more slowly than ever.

my next appointment is friday.

krissie - any updates?

No updates here. I've started clomid so just waiting to finish that and then o. I'm hoping now I o closer to cd 14 so we have a shot.

Fx Star that you get enough follies to make the worth all the money.

Star I'm good, we go on vacation on Friday so I'm busy getting ready for that. Next scan is the 9th of August.

My friend got 18 eggs I think from memory, so even if they did what they did last time, 20 would be amazing! I really hope it's more than 3 or 4, I would feel cheated too!

Vankiwi hope you have a fantastic trip xx

Krissie FX for you this cycle xx

Star e I really hope you get a big number too and all goes well FX for you for your next scan xx

AFM DPO12 Temps have dropped right down I know I'm out now so just bring on my last cycle of clomid get it out the way so I can start my IVF journey now xx

Thanks Angela! Sorry about this cycle, one to go before you can try IVF :hugs:

I know thank God I'm not upset if I'm honest as I've already got my head around it that clomid isn't working and we'll be doing IVF so I'm just going through the motions now till I get there xx

DPO12 took another IC BFN stark white so I'm going to stop doing them now as I know for sure there should atleast be a faint line by now just waiting for AF to arrive on Sunday now xx

Krissie I'm hoping that you o at a good time and that the increased dose does the trick. You are on 75 this cycle if I remember correctly. Good luck!

Vankiwi enjoy your vacation and fx for that next scan! I'm hoping I get many like your friends. I will feel so so cheated if I don't. I'm all nervous bc of the money. This cycle has put a lot of pressure on me and time feels like it's crawling.

Angela u r almost at the IVF. So just read up about it and learn. I haven't had a chance to do very much research bc I've been so busy this week and everytime I do d research I start to get worried. I'm actually very anxious and uncomfortable right now bc I'm so scared that the cycle I'm doing IVF is the cycle they are going to stim me too slow. I mean if they can give me 20 when I only wanted 3 for iui then they should not give me 3 on IVF when it's the time I want a very high number. We called them yesterday to tell them we hope to freeze some but I don't think we were explicit enough. I have an appointment on Friday but I have such a hard time asking questions. I just need to force myself.

I think I'm going to just say how many follicles are we shooting for? And try to remind her that I got 20 at one point. And how long are we stimming for?

Star e I would also after all your the one that is paying so you should get the cycle that you want Goodluck and FX xx

its so annoying that i feel scared speaking up for myself. im always so concerned that they are going to get upset or that they seem annoyed when i ask questions. this is my cycle, i am paying for this, i should not care if they are annoyed with me.

appointment is tomorrow. i hope something has grown!

so no growth yet either. pretty much the same as last time. i didn't ask her how long we would stim for. how i forgot to ask that i do not know.

i inquired about uping the dose some to get more eggs and let her know that i wanted to freeze, if we had left over eggs. and she said something that i didn't really understand and didn't ask for clarification about. she said that the number of eggs was predetermined by the cycle and that uping the dose would not give us more eggs. then she went on to say that if we wanted to up the dose more we would have to do that at the beginning of the cycle. did not really understand that, especially given that we are uping the dose from 75 to 100. i was in a rush to leave b/c they were running way behind schedule so i couldnt stick around much to talk. i also asked her how many eggs she thought we'd get and she said ideally we would want 8 to 10. but she said pcos is tricky and that we could get like 20. she also told me that a higher number does not necessarily mean good. she said if i got like 30 eggs, its possible only 2 would be good eggs. she sort of made it sound like if there are too many that is not good b/c they are prob bad quality.

Star e here's hoping you do get a good number of good quality eggs your doing so well keep going hun FX all the way for you I've got absolutely everything crossed xx

AFM DPO13 so yesterday took my Frer just to be sure and it was stark white BFN so I know I'm a hundred percent out now I really do think it's going to IVF so yesterday I also bought a health package called the body coach - lean in 15 waiting for my plans to come through its a three month programme I've bought it as I know I'm overweight not by much but I am and due to us doing this on NHS I've read that before they will start the procedure the will want me to get my BMI down to 30 which is healthy which means I will be put down the waiting list till that happens. I don't want that so if I loose it now whilst I wait I stand a better chance in not waiting so long to begin IVF, I've also almost cut out all caffeine apart from my morning coffee and will be going alcohol free not that I drink much anyway unless I go out out so giving myself the best chance here xx

angela - so sorry about the bfn. still sending you positive energy for your last clomid cycle. if it does not work, well you have your plan and i think it is great that you are putting yourself in the best position for ivf. not only b/c it will increase your chances of sucess but also b/c of that waiting list thing you mentioned. i've read eating a little avocado a day has been shown to improve chances. acupuncture is supposed to be good too, but i haven't done that b/c it says you should start a few months before ivf and im not sure if i will benefit since im already in the cycle. i'll probably do it before retrieval and transfer just to calm me down a bit.

afm - i am very worried about whether or not this cycle will work. the cost def adds a lot of stress and puts a lot of pressure on the cycle. its so sad that having a medical condition like pcos/infertility is not covered by my insurance in terms of ivf. only iui. its so stupid that they cover a less effective treatment. every day feels so long. i hope i make it to the transfer stage. i hope that this works...

I think it's strange as well star e I get that IVF is more expensive but if the positive outcome is higher surely it works out cheaper in the long run as people will need less attempts xx

Please keep the faith I really believe it will work for you hun I really do there is still plenty of time for your follies to grow xx

Well I'm defo out this month AF hasn't arrived yet but she will after work due to AF not coming yet took another different test complete stark white BFN so I am defo out she will show her head at some point through the night plus I got a bit of AF style cramping today and bloating xx

How is everyone else doing xx

When is your next scan Star? Fx it shows some follies.

Angela- I'm sorry hun. But I'm glad you are that much closer to a more effective treatment.

Afm, just waiting. I started opks at cd 5 and no positive opk so I'm really happy o should be at a more normal day. I'm definitely having lots of cramps and twinge so something is going on in my left ovary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->