Clomid buddies?

You'll get use to it Aphy this is a busy thread but still small enough that we can all keep track of it each other this thread has amazing people on it that offer loads of support when you need it most xx

Thanks guys for your kind words I know I've still got this month but my hope for clomid working is gone I know I have to prep for IVF now don't know how long the waiting list is but been told on NHS no smoking drinking and have to be a healthy BMI of 30 to give you the best chance and also healthy eating and exercise and if I tick all them the waiting list could be as small as two months so that's why I'm starting now as would hate it if they told me to go away and diet first and put me at the bottom of the list I'm not massively overweight need to loose a stone to get in the healthy bracket xx

Vankiwi sounds like amazing holidays coming up for you hope you have an amazing time and create wonderful memory's xx

Krissie how are the opks looking now any progress on the O front xx

Thanks AngelaALA!

I have some questions about the CD21 bloods if anyone can give advice. My gynae says to go CD21 but I have read that the test should be done 7 days post O which means if I O on CD14 which I doubt. Do I still go on CD21 no matter on which day I O or do I wait for the smiley face on OPK and go 7 days from then? Or do I wait for my temp to indicate O happened? And what do I do if my temp implies that I again didn't O this month?

I would still go on CD21 as soon as O happens progesterone takes over and your levels will start to increase CD21 day bloods just show an increase in progesterone to confirm O that's all xx

Aphy, as long as you o within a few days of cd 14 the 21 day test will show o.

Afm, opks are still negative. I'm really surprised to be honest. With all my other signs I'm certian I should be oing today or maybe tomorrow.

Hi Aphy! :wave: I think the CD21 blood test will detect O even if it wasn't on CD14. If your temps show you aren't Oing, I would call them ahead of time and see if they still want to do it. They probably will, but they might use that heads up to see if they want to test anything else. But I'm hoping you O and get in this cycle with a great chance! GL with Clomid! I did 6 rounds, O'd 4 out of 6 times. I didn't respond to 50mg but I did beautifully to 100mg. So even if this doesn't do the trick, don't lose hope. So many women conceive on Clomid, so just because we haven't, doesn't mean you won't! <3

Star, going from 20 follies to 5 is understandably disappointing. I do think five is a good number though, if they all do well I would think you stand a great chance. I'm sorry the stim has been long and stubborn -- your follies are like flower buds it sounds like lol they just all of a sudden blossom when you least expect it. I have my FX so tight for you that this works out. You've been through enough, my friend! I can't wait to see you pregnant! :) Keep your head up and I hope next scan shows some growth and healthy eggies. Sending bombs of follie pumping dust your way!!
:dust: :dust:

Krissie, that is annoying for you! I'm really hoping a blazing positive peaks for you soon. Even if it doensn't, keep BD'ing because EWCM don't lie ;) I know how Clomid is like that, it can make O late and it can make you crazy waiting to O. These meds aren't easy, that's for sure. But I think it will come up soon for you and you'll be in the TWW in no time!

Angela, I felt that way on my last round of Clomid too. I triggered with only a 16mm follie, and just knew it wasn't it. I was happy to squeeze that one last O out of the Clomid, but just knew before it started it was not my cycle. And for what it's worth, I was right :p lol FX you end up with a sweet surprise though, you never know! IVF is so successful but I get the stress and financial burden.

AFM, I went for my CD4 baseline scan. I have a teeny-tiny cyst on my L ovary that my RE said will likely be gone in a few days. They did BW to confirm I'm not pregnant and started me on 5mg of Femara tonight. I go back on the 15th for a follie scan. REALLY hoping this med works for me, I would love to get 2+ follies. I had two once on Clomid, but other than that it was always one follie per cycle. Wish me luck, ladies! They also changed my trigger shot from Pregnyl to Ovidrel, so that way we can better time the injection since Ovidrel is easier to self-admin; and its less expensive than Pregnyl. Score! :thumbup:

Thanks Wifey! I'm just trying to stay sane through this whole process which isn't as easy as it sounds! I take my hat off to you ladies who have been at this longer,it's groups like this that really make day by day easier.

How is the trigger shot thing working for you? I'm sceptical about being able to give myself an injection &#128534;

So here's an update
Gallbladder surgery went well even though I started af right after I woke up which sucks,still in a lot of pain but I have the best husband and kids that are all helping out even in laws came to help can't wait for this to be over with to start ttc again.

To bad af arrived Kaiecee. That is definitely awful timing. But it sounds like you have a lot of great support. Will you be able to try this cycle or are you waiting another one?

Afm, I still have not had a positive opk. It's really starting to get me down. I've been testing three times a day so surly I wouldn't have missed it. I had really intense ovary pain yesterday and it's considerably less today so hoping I haven't got any cysts from the higher dose of clomid.

krissie, can you get a scan to see if you have a cyst? i'm surprised too that the opks have not shown anything when you have had ewcm. have you ever had a cyst before? im so hoping you O krissie. fx.

angela - love the plan to get healthy and do all you can so that the wait is not any longer than it has to be. what have you been doing? have you been running?

aphy - good luck this cycle. i was deemed clomid resistant and have to move to injections. hope clomid is successful for you.

wifey - thanks so much for the warm wishes. i'm so hoping that femara works for you. when clomid did not work for me, i researched femara and heard so many positive stories about it. good luck with it!

kaicee- so glad the surgery went well! but that does suck that af came right after. hope the pain subsides very soon.

afm - i had an appointment friday, still no growth. stubborn stubborn follies! but my e2 level did go up from 81 to 200 and my lining got thicker - its now at 10. so it looks like we should see some growth soon. i’m no longer focusing on the number of follies i have b/c every time i go in they tell me a different number depending on who i see. they kept me on the same dose. I’m doing 150iu gonal-f. I started to feel cramps today. almost like AF cramps and some lower back pain. i have no idea if its related to this process. here's to hoping there is some growth on monday.

Thanks so much I will see how I feel around Ov right now I'm still tended and it's still painful

Still no positive OPK my side. The brief change in cm I had yesterday didn't seem to have lasted so still keeping an eye on it for now.

Kaicee- speedy pain free recovery &#128536;

Good luck with everyone this cycle!

Still no positive OPK my side. The brief change in cm I had yesterday didn't seem to have lasted so still keeping an eye on it for now.

Kaicee- speedy pain free recovery &#128536;

Good luck with everyone this cycle!

I'm feeling ya today! Still no positive opk and my cm has turned creamy after 4 days of fertile. I'm so beyond annoyed at this cycle. I will probably do opks until Wednesday and then stop. If no temp shift by August 30th then I will probably start progesterone to bring on af. :nope:

Krissie that's so frustrating! I'm so sorry. can you ask your doc about it?

Oh I could try but they are pretty useless. I wouldn't be able to get an appt for a month or more and his nurse is useless when I've called.

Sorry krissie. Wish they were more helpful. I'm holding out hope that you do O. fx.

Thanks hun. I didn't ovulate until cd 18 in January so there is definitely time. My fertile cm was more abundant tonight so that's a good sign at least.

Wifebby I have absolutely everything crossed for you that it all works on femera xx

Kaiecee I hope you have a speedy recovery and glad the surgery went well

Aphy and Krissie I still have my FX that you both O this month one month I didn't O till CD21 so there is still time xx

Star e I really hope all that is a good sign and your next scan shows amazing growth xx

AFM started my health kick today my God did my first beginners hiit can't believe how unfit I am xx

Finally got my +OPK last night but waiting to see if FF confirms O. Definitely feeling the joyous crampy bloated side effect of the Clomid...not pleasant!

I hope your O come soon Krissie!

AngelaALA,you have more motivation than I do! I will go through a phase where I will start some or other exercise plan and then get too lazy to do anything. Eg: started a 30 day squat challenge on Thursday,did it for 2 days but haven't touched it since the weekend started &#128534; I am terrible with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->