Clomid buddies?

Vankiwi I hope the GTT goes well FX for you xx

Krissie keep up the good work being healthy and fit can only help the process of TTC xx

Star e amazing news so so happy for you I really hope its good news at the end of your TWW I would love twins Im a twin myself. The water thing though OMG my bladder is the worst as it is so having to hold my pee would be impossible xx

Thank you all for the support!

And Angela - I needed to hear some positive news about twins. Of course I've been reading about all the risks and have some anxiety. It's just with ttc you never know what's going to happen. I've read about several people transferring two and only one sticking and of course there is the possibility that none stick. So we just wanted to increase our odds. Truth is no matter what I decided I'd second guess myself bc that's just how I am. Glad to know you would want twins and are one yourself. it just helps. Wish the doc had not said it was aggressive to transfer two. I think many clinics are pretty anti transfer of two though. Bc of the risks.

Star e Ive read some thread about the hospital Im going to and they have transferred 2 to 5 eggs so I wouldnt worry at all yes there is higher possibility of complications with multiples but technology is so advanced now that the risk is smaller twins hasnt skipped my family in three generations Im a twin mums a twin and gran had twins on her side of family so there you go I would love to get that news Im having twins and if it turns out one of each well that would just be the icing on the cake xx

How are you feeling today Star?

My mum has twin brothers and my dad's mum was a twin. None of my cousins have twins though!

If I'd has twins I'd definitely have wanted them first.

My cousin had a single and two sets of twins. All ivf. I know she is incredibly happy and blessed.

I'm feeling much better today. And I was yesterday afternoon too. I developed some anxiety the night of the procedure and that really impacted my sleep. I had had a very busy week too prior to Friday so I felt very stimulated. Things are settling now and I had a full night sleep last night - super thankful about that.

I have had this nagging cough though. Not sure if I told you all about that. It's been for seven weeks now and I saw an ENT but the meds she wanted to give me my RE told me not to take them. I didn't answer the phone when the REs nurse called so she just left a message and said doc said not to take them. So I don't know why I can't take them. They are pregnancy category B so I was surprised. I listened to them and didn't take them but this stupid cough is so bothersome and then I get worried that it could effect implantation since I'm coughing so much. I think I'm going to revisit the convo w my RE and ask if I can at least take the over the counter one that the ENT told me about.

I think the TWW is going to be really hard! I need to know! I've got to distract myself though. My test is October 4. But I think I'll take a hpt Friday or Saturday. my ftx.

Krissie - did your cousin get the singleton via IVF also or just the two sets of twins? Did she have to do multiple rounds or first try? And congrats on making progress w your health! I saw your adorable little ticket. So glad you are feeling better too.

Star- her single was her first ivf and they transferred two but one implanted. All of her pregnancies were first try with ivf that round. Her first were fresh embryos and the next two were FET. So her fresh resulted in one baby and her FET in twins. :flower:

Thanks, I'm feeling so much better. I discussed it more with dh and I'm leaning towards doing femara again as I had almost no side effects. So much better than clomid. And since I o'd around the same time as I was with clomid it seems it is a better option given the lack of side effects.

Dh actually wants to do it this coming cycle. I told him I would pick up my prescription this week and think about it. I have until Friday to decide. But we both thought it was to perfect my lmp will be the same as it was with ds.

Krissie - that sounds great bc it gives you the option to do it if you pick up your prescription. We will support you on this thread whatever you decide! Hopefully I'll have the same luck as you cousin! I'm really anxious and looking for signs but of course have no signs at all. I transferred two 4aa embryos and at my clinic that is highest grade. We did assigned hatching too which was also expensive. It's been taxing financially and emotionally. I'm praying and hoping. The TWW has been so hard already. October 4th could not come soon enough. I need to know!

Krissie - that sounds great bc it gives you the option to do it if you pick up your prescription. We will support you on this thread whatever you decide! Hopefully I'll have the same luck as you cousin! I'm really anxious and looking for signs but of course have no signs at all. I transferred two 4aa embryos and at my clinic that is highest grade. We did assigned hatching too which was also expensive. It's been taxing financially and emotionally. I'm praying and hoping. The TWW has been so hard already. October 4th could not come soon enough. I need to know!

Hope time is speeding up for you! Can I ask what exactly is assigned hatching?

I was also wondering about assigned hatching. That is great you had some wonderful egg quality. It really sounds like a positive cycle and transfer. I have everything crossed for you. I would definitely be testing early, I wouldn't be able to wait. :blush:

Afm, thanks for the support. I still don't know what to do. I go back and forth on doing the femara and doing natural. I can tell af is coming as I am so achy and I have been so crabby this weekend. I am leaning more towards just doing the femara since it was the side effects of clomid that were getting me so worked up. Femara is like a dream compared to clomid.

Aphy - I meant to write assisted hatching. And that means they poke a small hole on the zona of the embryo to help it hatch. Basically if the zona is thick then sometimes the embryo won't be released (it gets trapped) and can't implant. Given how much we want this to work and how expensive all this is we thought the extra expense of it was worth it. Honestly don't know how I'm going to make it through the the week. The other times I waited I didn't know for certain like I know this time that the embryo made it to fertilization and to blastocyst stage. I mean I even know the grade of it and that we helped it to hatch. Seriously this needs to work. I'm at work and can't concentrate. I'm also wishing I felt some sign.

For those of you who have received a bfp were there any signs?

Honestly, my only sign was my cm increased and I got some pinching pains (implantation?) the 1.5-2 days before my bfp. Since I was charting my temps I got a bit of a dip as well the same day I had the pinching.

Aphy - I meant to write assisted hatching. And that means they poke a small hole on the zona of the embryo to help it hatch. Basically if the zona is thick then sometimes the embryo won't be released (it gets trapped) and can't implant. Given how much we want this to work and how expensive all this is we thought the extra expense of it was worth it. Honestly don't know how I'm going to make it through the the week. The other times I waited I didn't know for certain like I know this time that the embryo made it to fertilization and to blastocyst stage. I mean I even know the grade of it and that we helped it to hatch. Seriously this needs to work. I'm at work and can't concentrate. I'm also wishing I felt some sign.

For those of you who have received a bfp were there any signs?

Ok,now I understand! Everything I can cross is crossed for you this cycle Star! I really hope this is it

I hope I get it! So so not able to concentrate and it's t early for me to be this focused on it bc I don't officially find out till next Tuesday. I have no symptoms at all though. So I hope it doesn't mean anything.

Star e when I got my one and only BFP I had no signs at all my belly bloated out and boobs felt heavy a few days before I took a test but that was it xx I really have absolutely everything crossed for you hun only one more week to wait hun I hope it flies by xx

Krissie I hope femera works for you and you do get that sticky bean xx

Honestly I know I'm not supposed to look for symptoms but I have nothing and have read many posts of people who do this and end up still with nothing. Im feeling negative about everything right now. If this does not work....I have never felt like this before during the TWW. Most of that is bc I've only had one TWW and knew I was in w a low chance. But with this we have put so much money down and I know they inserted two fertilized embryos and even helped them hatch. What else after that can be done? Nothing other than genetic testing for abnormalities but that's too expensive. I know I have to just be patient and wait but this is way harder than I thought it would be. Also I keep imagining taking a hpt and seeing the result white as snow. I pray that does not happen.

:hugs: Star! I am sure those are all normal feelings. After ltttc it is hard to be optimistic because our hope has been crushed. Try to find some peace and something to keep your mind busy the next few days.

Oh Star,pls try keep positive! Try not stress yourself out. I know it's so difficult right now but it will happen! It's almost time that you can start testing and getting some answers...fx for you!

Star be patient and keep positive try meditation its only one more week I wouldnt test yet as due to the drugs it could give you a false positive Ive got good vibes hun that this will work you need to try and relax take it easy and try to focus on something else you will know soon enough xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->