Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Short Personal Description: I have been trying to conceive our first for just over a year now. I've done 4 cycles of just clomid 100mg, and 2 cycles of clomid 100mg, ovidrel, and iui. All have not resulted in a pregnancy. I have successfully ovulated on all cycles, and have no idea what our problem has been. This cycle I've taken a break from the meds, and just enjoyed being with my husband. My RE wants me to do one more cycle of clomid, ovidrel, and iui before moving on to injectables. I'm really hoping that within our next few iui's one will work. I really don't want to have to go through the process of ivf.

Hi Smiller!! Yay to hearing from you again!! Glad to hear you've been doing well!!!

CafeLatte Welcome!!! You said you ahve sucsessfully ovulated on all cycles of clomid, but no BFP. You husband has obviously been tested, how was his sperm count? Im hopign the Iui's will work out for you and your hubs!

I am finding it hard to be optimistic and shiny today, cause Yest I was Plaugued w/ the awful cramping!! no AF yet, but I can feel her coming!! I was supposed to test today, but w/ the signs that I ahd last night, im saving the test.....and money!

Hope Everyone is having a great monday!!!!

Aw thanks Sara :) Are your cramps constant? I had on/off cramps in the run up to when AF was due and they def felt like AF cramps, I was sure I wasn't going to be pregnant. But I don't want to get your hopes up, I think it sounds like you're being quite practical and sensible about testing x

Sara- Yes, I had blood tests done to confirm that I ovulated on just the clomid. The two cycles that I did iui, the ovidrel was given to force my ovulation at a specific time. My husband was tested this summer, and his count and motility weren't great. He's been taking Conception RX to improve this, and it has helped drammatically. By the time we did the iui his count had doubled and his motility had quadrupled. So that leaves us wondering what's wrong now, since his problem has been corrected. And I seem to have no issues according to all my tests (blood work and HSG). We actually did a double iui on our second iui cycle. That's 2 iui's within 24 hours of each other.

Aw thanks Sara :) Are your cramps constant? I had on/off cramps in the run up to when AF was due and they def felt like AF cramps, I was sure I wasn't going to be pregnant. But I don't want to get your hopes up, I think it sounds like you're being quite practical and sensible about testing x

Hey smiler,

I must have wrote to soon! Sure as Shizzle AF graced me with her witchy little pressence, about 10 min after I posted!! Uggggh, well atleast I was right on the Money! I called my Doc, and will be going in for a Vaginal U/S on wednesday just to make sure I dont have any cysts, and then i'll be back on clomid Day 5-9. so starting Friday, i'll be on my third round! Atleast I O'd last month, so that is a plus!

I do get very happy while im on the front page and see how many BFP's our thread has had!! Gives me hope!!

Sara- Yes, I had blood tests done to confirm that I ovulated on just the clomid. The two cycles that I did iui, the ovidrel was given to force my ovulation at a specific time. My husband was tested this summer, and his count and motility weren't great. He's been taking Conception RX to improve this, and it has helped drammatically. By the time we did the iui his count had doubled and his motility had quadrupled. So that leaves us wondering what's wrong now, since his problem has been corrected. And I seem to have no issues according to all my tests (blood work and HSG). We actually did a double iui on our second iui cycle. That's 2 iui's within 24 hours of each other.

And the Doctors cant figure it out? What a Mind boggle........that would make me upset, just to not know...

My husband's sperm test were on the low side or normal and they never mentioned anything about him going on anything to help w/ his count. He is a cancer survivor, and does only have 1 testicle, so I wonder if that Conception RX is somthing I should inquire about?

Oh so sorry to hear that Sara :hugs: You are sounding so upbeat though, glad the front page gives you hope! This was my 3rd round of clomid so FX it is 3rd time lucky for you too :)

My DH's SA came back similar - a little low for the first one then better on his repeat test 3 months later. However the doc didn't give him exact numbers and he didn't ask, so we've never been sure how much of an improvement there was. Those tests were over a year ago, nearly 2, so I always worry that things have gotten worse again without us knowing. Then a couple of months ago, we both started taking Pregnacare Preconception tablets and I do think they must've had something to do with it, I think his swimmers just needed that extra boost of nutrition x

CaffeLatte-welcome! that makes sense to take a break and enjoy time with your hubby :) I am sure that is just what you need to get that BFP soon!

sara - have my FX for you!

Oh so sorry to hear that Sara :hugs: You are sounding so upbeat though, glad the front page gives you hope! This was my 3rd round of clomid so FX it is 3rd time lucky for you too :)

My DH's SA came back similar - a little low for the first one then better on his repeat test 3 months later. However the doc didn't give him exact numbers and he didn't ask, so we've never been sure how much of an improvement there was. Those tests were over a year ago, nearly 2, so I always worry that things have gotten worse again without us knowing. Then a couple of months ago, we both started taking Pregnacare Preconception tablets and I do think they must've had something to do with it, I think his swimmers just needed that extra boost of nutrition x

Im goign to look into those!! That may be what we need.....alittle "boost"
thanks hun

Kerrbear -- i know what you mean...i am thinking all my symptoms are because 1)clomid 1st cycle and 2)i had strong ovulation with 3 follies and my body is probably like WOW what's this.

Amanda here are my symptoms...normally i have NOTHING the TWW..no symptoms at all except for voming 1 week before AF and interesting i didnt have that this cycle
i'm 10dpo today.
2dpo - today...sore nipples
8dpo - today...sore boobs and nipples
4/5dpo - really chapped lips in the morning
today - strong sense of smell..bathroom smelled like a urinal...lower backache like AF is due today

tomorrow i'll be 11dpo...

so like i said..it's either weird cycle bc of clomid....or maybe just maybe af won't be coming this week!

That sounds promising, but I can see how it would be confusing not knowing if it's just the Clomid. How are you feeling today?

Hey ladies. We've been taking pregnacare vits (both of us) since August. They're pricey enough and every month I hope its the last box I'll have to buy. I often wonder if they make any difference at all, but Smiler82 I see you seem to think they have made a difference? This reassures me that they are worth while!

I finished clomid last friday, on cd9 today. My CBFM read "high" this morning, but I dont trust it anymore. I only used it because I had some sticks left. Im going to stay using opks and see if they match up when O day comes! Bding every second day between now and then.

Smiler..glad to see you're doing well!!

Starlight ..yes 11dpo today...had some cramping yesterday..want to hold of until dec19 to test.

Sara...sorry to see AF got you :hugs:

Caffelatte ...welcome hun!

Starlight & Breaking Dawn it sounds like you both have appts Friday, right? How great! I really hope you both get your BFPs.

Tiatammy, I really hope AF stays away for you :) But, that great news that you O.

Smiler, I hope you stick around, too. It's so encouraging for us all.

Amanda - I feel fine today...last nite I had some cramping...11dpo so getting close to testing!

How are you??

I'm good. I decided to stop testing with the OPKs and just hoping AF comes early, so I can start my Clomid cycle.

So glad it's Christmas time, it's such a good distraction for me :)

I have a question. I am positive i ovulated on saturday/sunday..Positive OPK and cramps..i would be 1/2 DPO today and I have yet to have a CM dry up. Its very heavy and almost like EW but white/cloudy and sticky(but still a bit stretchy). I know that when I O on a natural cycle I dry up pretty fast but I took clomid cd 3-7 this month. Does clomid tend to keep CM around longer? I am not one of those woman whos CM is affected by Clomid, I actually have MUCH more. I can't remember from last time i was on it as I only used it one cycle and concieved.

breaking dawn - so are you going to test on on Wed (13 dpo)? I am going to try to wait till Friday which is my 13 dpo!

amanda - thanks so much! i hope that you are able to figure out your cycle soon, it must be frustrating, but hopefully you can start clomid asap! you're right that xmas will be a great distraction!

nativegurl- i noticed that I still had a fair amount of CM after O while on clomid, so may be a side effect of the clomid! good luck in your TWW!

ready2Bmum - hope you get some nice follies and O very soon!

Starlight - I'm trying to wait until friday 15dpo...but I'm not sure if I can hold offf that long. I'm going to at least make it until wed 13dpo!

I totally understand breaking dawn! I hope that the next few days fly by for us both :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->