Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Good luck with testing Starlight, FX for you!!

Has anyone ever had hyper-stimulated ovaries from clomid? I think this may have happened to me this first cycle of clomid. CD 15 - 17 it felt like my ovary was going to burst. It even felt uncomfortable when I walked! Anyone ever have this before? My doctor is calling me today--- I guess it could have also been a cyst or something? I can't imagine ovulation would feel that uncomfortable for 3 days?! Maybe they will give me an ultrasound-- not really sure.

Kerrbear- your scan is tomorrow! I am so excited for you!! I will be at the dr's in the AM too but just for a boring CD 21 blood test. Can't wait to hear about it.

So my impatience got the best of me and I tested this morning at 10dpo and got a BFN. Ahh...now I will wait till Friday to try again!!

Elle - I found that I had some ovulation pain for a day or two around ovulation but it wasn't constant, more just random bursts. That is good that your doctor will be reaching out ot you today. Did you have any follicle scans during your cycle to see what was going on?

Elle - I found that I had some ovulation pain for a day or two around ovulation but it wasn't constant, more just random bursts. That is good that your doctor will be reaching out ot you today. Did you have any follicle scans during your cycle to see what was going on?

Don't worry about your BFN. It is still early to be testing!! Why do we torture ourselves?!?

No, they haven't been doing any follicle scans. I would prefer if they did though. Maybe I can ask for that moving forward. I feel like I just would like at least once scan to see what's in there! I've never had one before.

Elle - I had a lot of ovary pain this cycle (1st cycle on clomid). For 2 nights it felt heavy..hurt when I laughed..not pain hurt but heavy throb. And I asked DH to be gentle when we BD, for me it was strong ovulation on clomid that caused this.

Starlight - don't worry ..its way to early..especially fi you implanted 9dpo..hcg won't double for 48 hrs..

Elle - it can't hurt to request some follicle tracking scans so at least you can see what is going on and how the clomid is working :)

Thanks breaking dawn - will keep my chin up and keep busy! I think the rest of the week will fly by, so that is good. How are you holding up?

Starlight - I'm doing ok, I was feeling reaaly positive until yesterday. Now I feel like AF is coming and I'm feeling gutted that I even thought I was gonna get a bfp!

breaking dawn - :hugs: i know the feeling, I am feeling the same. even though i tried my best to manage my own expectations, in the back of my mind I thought that this was the cycle, and now with the BFN this morning, and still no symptoms, I am beginning to feel like this isn't it. Am just trying to keep myself distracted! You had such follies this past cycle, so I have a really great feeling for you!

Just chatted with my doctor's office who confirmed my D21 bloodwork confirmed ovulation, which is good! They said that if this cycle doesn't do the trick, then up to 200mg clomid - I didn't know they went that high??

breaking dawn - :hugs: i know the feeling, I am feeling the same. even though i tried my best to manage my own expectations, in the back of my mind I thought that this was the cycle, and now with the BFN this morning, and still no symptoms, I am beginning to feel like this isn't it. Am just trying to keep myself distracted! You had such follies this past cycle, so I have a really great feeling for you!

That is EXACTLY how I feel!!!

Hi everyone

how are you all doing? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread too much lately I am too busy going mental on the PAL board :wacko: Starlight yeah 200mg is the highest dose I believe. But you ovulated ok this cycle didn't you on 150mg?

Am sorry for any bfns :( I just hope you all tested too early xxx

Smiler - yes I did ovulate on 150 and earliest ever at CD15, so not sure why they want to up the dosage? Hopefully will get a BFP and won't need to find out :) How are you feeling?

breaking dawn - we can get through this either way!!

CD15 is great for ovulation! Maybe you should ask them why they want to increase it and if you're not sure then hopefully they won't force you. Have you been getting any bad side-effects with 150mg? But yeah FX this is a moot point!!!

I'm ok thanks. I don't really have any symptoms apart from being thirsty a lot and having an unpleasant taste in my mouth. Initially I was feeling quite happy and positive but to be honest I am starting to worry so much about another loss I don't know how I am going to get through the next few weeks. We talked about going for a private scan at around 10 weeks, and am debating whether to start taking baby aspirin. So much conflicting info out there tho it's hard to decide :/

CD15 is great for ovulation! Maybe you should ask them why they want to increase it and if you're not sure then hopefully they won't force you. Have you been getting any bad side-effects with 150mg? But yeah FX this is a moot point!!!

I'm ok thanks. I don't really have any symptoms apart from being thirsty a lot and having an unpleasant taste in my mouth. Initially I was feeling quite happy and positive but to be honest I am starting to worry so much about another loss I don't know how I am going to get through the next few weeks. We talked about going for a private scan at around 10 weeks, and am debating whether to start taking baby aspirin. So much conflicting info out there tho it's hard to decide :/

Hi Smiler! When does your doctor want you go to for your first scan?

Horseypants & Tiatammy - hope you're having a better day today :)

Starlight - sorry for your BFN, but it's pretty early, so FX for Friday!

Breaking Dawn - enjoy your lunch today and I'll watching for your test tomorrow, FX for you, too!

Hi Smiler! When does your doctor want you go to for your first scan?

Hey Elle :) Well she didn't say - she said she would send a letter to the hospital to let them know I am pregnant so I might hear from them about an early scan, I might not. I'm not sure! I had an early scan last time at around 6 weeks so if they want me to have one I would guess it'd be about the same time. But I'd like one at 10 weeks too since our first died at just over 9 weeks then our 2nd I lost my symptoms around 10 weeks and lost the baby at 12 weeks. So it would reassure me more to have a 10 week scan but since you get a 12 week scan on the NHS anyway I don't think they do them that late.

Smiler - yeah I will have a chat with the doctor next time they call me to about the 150 vs 200. Side effects on 150 were not so bad, just a bit of hot flashes, but pretty manageble. Sorry that you are having a rough time and it is totally understandable :hugs: That may be a good idea to go in for a scan at 10 weeks to give yourself a piece of mind. Have you thought about taking progesterone supplements (or maybe you already are)?

Amanda - thanks! how are you doing?

Hope everyone else is doing great today :)

I'm doing good. CD 26, so just waiting for AF, but probably won't come for another week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->