Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

breaking dawn - :hugs: so sorry about the BFN. It is still possible that you get a BFP this cycle but if not you did have amazing follies and ovulation on your first round of clomid, so I have a strong feeling that you will be getting your BFP very very soon!

tazzy - welcome! Sorry to hear that your test indicated that you did not ovulate based on the D21 test. However it is possible that you also ovulate later in the cycle. Me and other ladies here have ovulated on D20+, and in those isntances, a D21 progesterone would show low levels as well. Do you also chart to help confirm ovulation?

tiatammy - that is wonderful that you have your family to take care of you. really do hope that you are feeling 100% soon and that you have a great time over the holidays xoxo

ready2bmum - DTD every other day I think is a good plan. And if you are using OPKs and get an OPK+, then you can go a couple/few days in a row! Hope you O soon :)

Elle- Hope you get good results back from your test and that this cycle did the trick! Are you also temping to track ovulation? :)

Elle- Hope you get good results back from your test and that this cycle did the trick! Are you also temping to track ovulation? :)

Hey Starlight :) No, I never started temping... Wish I had months ago. Right now I just use OPK's. I really should have though-- as I was getting +opk's even when I wasn't ovulating. I bet temping would have shown me sooner that I didn't actually ovulate. Maybe I will think about starting next cycle... Is it really helpful?

Hey Starlight :) No, I never started temping... Wish I had months ago. Right now I just use OPK's. I really should have though-- as I was getting +opk's even when I wasn't ovulating. I bet temping would have shown me sooner that I didn't actually ovulate. Maybe I will think about starting next cycle... Is it really helpful?

Hi Elle :) I found temping really helpful when I first started TTC as the temp rise helped me confirm that I was ovulating and when it happened. Recently, I have not been temping as I have been having follicle ultrasounds which help show when I have ovulated and I also just got out of the habit of temping! but I think that if you are trying to get another confirmation point that you are ovulating that it could be very helpful!

Starlight - thanks hun...I was just hoping in the back of my mind that I would be lucky clomid cycle #1. And with the great follies...and we BD'd the right time I just thought it would go well this cycle.

Goodluck to you!!! When r u testing??

Starlight - thanks hun...I was just hoping in the back of my mind that I would be lucky clomid cycle #1. And with the great follies...and we BD'd the right time I just thought it would go well this cycle.

I know how you feel breaking dawn, I feel the same way. I always try to manage my own expectations, but in the back of my mind, I have this hope that says "this is it!" and it is always so tough when it isn't.

For me - I am going to test on Friday morning, 13dpo and see how that goes....!! You are going in for a blood test on Friday, right?

Sara- Yes, I had blood tests done to confirm that I ovulated on just the clomid. The two cycles that I did iui, the ovidrel was given to force my ovulation at a specific time. My husband was tested this summer, and his count and motility weren't great. He's been taking Conception RX to improve this, and it has helped drammatically. By the time we did the iui his count had doubled and his motility had quadrupled. So that leaves us wondering what's wrong now, since his problem has been corrected. And I seem to have no issues according to all my tests (blood work and HSG). We actually did a double iui on our second iui cycle. That's 2 iui's within 24 hours of each other.

And the Doctors cant figure it out? What a Mind boggle........that would make me upset, just to not know...

My husband's sperm test were on the low side or normal and they never mentioned anything about him going on anything to help w/ his count. He is a cancer survivor, and does only have 1 testicle, so I wonder if that Conception RX is somthing I should inquire about?

My husband was only on those vitamins for a month, and got those amazing results. The name is actually Conception XR not Conception RX. You can find the company online, Theralogix, and you can get a discount if your husband's urologist recommends the product. Good luck :)

I know how you feel breaking dawn, I feel the same way. I always try to manage my own expectations, but in the back of my mind, I have this hope that says "this is it!" and it is always so tough when it isn't.

For me - I am going to test on Friday morning, 13dpo and see how that goes....!! You are going in for a blood test on Friday, right?

Goodluck for friday...I'll be thinking of you Fx!

Yes, I'm supposed to go in on friday...but I'm kinda like what's the point..lol ..hubby will prob still want me to go so they have complete bloodwork for this cycle!

So sorry Breaking Dawn! But, you made great progress this month with O. I know it's hard every month, but try to focus on the positive :) Hope you can still enjoy Christmas!

Starlight - FX for you on Friday!

Elle, I've been temping for the first time this cycle. I found it very helpful. I actually got a +OPK this month for the first time, but my temps have shown me that I'm still not O. I'm starting Clomid next cycle and will continue to temp so I'll know for sure if it helps.

AFM, I'm already sick of winter!!! We only got 4 in yesterday and nobody knows how to drive, it took me twice as long to get home. Tomorrow we are supposed to get 15 in with a Blizzard warning! Yuck! Hubby is freaking out b/c he doesn't want me to go to work, but I don't really have a choice. I wish my commute wasn't 45 min. I just might be breaking my record of 2 1/2 hrs to get to work tomorrow!

Breaking dawn - Im sorry to hear about bfn. But you're not out until the :witch: arrives. And if she does, like the others said, at least there was great progress this month :hugs:

Ready2B, Amanda - thanks for the kind words ladies!

Amanda - where do you live!?!? Lolll. I'm from toronto so I'm used to snow...but we haven't any yet...so maybe no white xmas here!

I have a party on friday....gueess I can enjoy some drinks!

breaking dawn - i think that it would be good to go and get your bloodwork done as you'll have it for the records and also can confirm this month either way since bloodwork is even more sensitive than HPTs. And you'll either be pleasantly surprised or will be in the clear to enjoy some drinks at your party on Friday! Here in Ottawa it is all snow/slush - the worst!

amanda - thanks! oh yes winter is the worst and so awful when people forget how to drive once there is snow. the upside is that you'll have a nice white christmas :)

Tazzy -- Welcome!! I also read and stalked this thread for a while before Joining! ANd this page has been a great thing for me! Family and friends dont understand, and its great to talk to people who are goign through the same things!! Were like a little family, that does understand!!!

Breaking Dawn _ Sorry about your BFN, but like horsey said your not out of the game till the Witch AF comes!!

Today, Im going in in a few hours for my 2nd vaginal U/S to make sure I have no cysts (last month I didnt) I hoping I dont have any cysts again....Cause I really want to start my 3rd round of clomid on Friday!! I ovulated lat time, so I hope it will work again this month.

Does anyone know if once you've ovulated on clomid, do you continue to ovulate on it, or is still on a monthly basis?

<fingers Crossed no cysts>

Smiler - yeah I will have a chat with the doctor next time they call me to about the 150 vs 200. Side effects on 150 were not so bad, just a bit of hot flashes, but pretty manageble. Sorry that you are having a rough time and it is totally understandable :hugs: That may be a good idea to go in for a scan at 10 weeks to give yourself a piece of mind. Have you thought about taking progesterone supplements (or maybe you already are)?

Amanda - thanks! how are you doing?

Hope everyone else is doing great today :)

Oh that's good you didn't get many side effects so hopefully if you end up on 200mg it'll be ok too. But FX you won't need it! How are you feeling?

I asked the doc about taking progesterone and stuff but she said no. TBH I don't think progesterone would've been the problem with my previous losses because I got so far along in the 1st tri. I think if there are progesterone issues then you miscarry a little earlier. I decided to try taking a low dose of aspirin though, even though my doc didn't tell me. Have read quite a lot of people whose docs told them they may as well try it because it can help and won't hurt. So I'll probably get in trouble but I don't care!

FX for everyone waiting to test, hope you all get lovely Christmas surprises xxx

Tazzy, welcome! (Added to post #1!) Ladies, I am having a horrible time at work. My coworker left for vacation and left me with a DISASTER. I am probably going to be quiet through the New Year, but you know me, I'll be a lurky-loo. And of course, wishing you all the best for 2013 <3. May our families blossom this year. xo

horseypants - so sorry that you are having such an awful time at work right now :( i hope that things slow down so that you aren't stuck to deal with too much :hugs:

smiler - since you said the low dose aspirin can't hurt, that make sense to take it :) when you talk to your doctor, will you mention it to them? am seing healthy vibes towards you and your little bean!

sara - hope your scan this afternoon goes well! tell us about it once you're done! as for your question with the clomid, my understanding is that taking the clomid only stimulates your body for that one cycle, so you need to use clomid again if you want to try to induce ovulation for another cycle.

I live in WI, so I am also used to snow. But, I still don't like it, haha. Sometimes I think I live in the wrong state, LOL! But, it will be pretty for Christmas. Tomorrow will be our 3rd measurable snowfall of the year, considering its mid December it could be worse. I guess I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to drive so far. Hopefully, everyone will now remember how to drive in the snow. Why does it always seem like the first snowfall, they all forget? LOL

AMANDAWI - You live in Wisconsin? SO DO I!! how cool is that!!

I am patienlty awaiting more snow, we got hit with a storm the last weekend, and recieved 14 inches!! I love to ride my snomobile, so Im hoping for more snow! (Im one of the crazy ones) lol!! I love snow!!

I will let everyone know how the scan goes today! Also, I was wondering if Clomid works once, will it continue to work?

horseypants - so sorry that you are having such an awful time at work right now :( i hope that things slow down so that you aren't stuck to deal with too much :hugs:

smiler - since you said the low dose aspirin can't hurt, that make sense to take it :) when you talk to your doctor, will you mention it to them? am seing healthy vibes towards you and your little bean!

sara - hope your scan this afternoon goes well! tell us about it once you're done! as for your question with the clomid, my understanding is that taking the clomid only stimulates your body for that one cycle, so you need to use clomid again if you want to try to induce ovulation for another cycle.

THanks Starlight, I was actually wondering if since it worked round two, does it normally continue to work???

Sara115597, that's awesome! I used to love snow until I graduated from college and now have to drive 45 miles one way to work! Snowmobiling is a lot of fun. My hubby had one when we were dating and it was a blast! GL on your scans today:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->