Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

what i know...clomid use over time thins your lining...and in general because of the low estrogen you do not get EWCM on it, so I tried mucinex (must have only 1st ingredient) and it totally helped give me EWCM!

what i know...clomid use over time thins your lining...and in general because of the low estrogen you do not get EWCM on it, so I tried mucinex (must have only 1st ingredient) and it totally helped give me EWCM!

What days do take the mucinex?

People say just to take it up to O but I have heard that when taking Clomid to start taking it after you finish the Clomid, make sure you drink a ton of water when taking the mucinex, and make sure the only active ingredient is the guaifenesin, other active ingredients might be antihistamines which cause drying. also it doesn't have to be mucinex it can be Robtussian but same rules apply. I am gonna drink POM juice before o as I heard it helps with lining, don't know if that's true but it can't hurt :)

People say just to take it up to O but I have heard that when taking Clomid to start taking it after you finish the Clomid, make sure you drink a ton of water when taking the mucinex, and make sure the only active ingredient is the guaifenesin, other active ingredients might be antihistamines which cause drying. also it doesn't have to be mucinex it can be Robtussian but same rules apply. I am gonna drink POM juice before o as I heard it helps with lining, don't know if that's true but it can't hurt :)

Great to know! Thank you! If the witch gets me then I will try this next cycle.

Good luck and baby dust :)

I wish AF could start already, based on my temps I haven't even bothered with tests.

Does anyone know if Dr's increase Clomid each cycle or keep it the same if ovulation occurred?

And for those who can tell me, how long does do SA test results take to come in? We want to go in next week for it.

Thanks all :)

Great to know! Thank you! If the witch gets me then I will try this next cycle.

Good luck and baby dust :)

I took the guaifenesin tabs (once a day) starting CD 12 and they worked out fine. I dont like the taste of cough syrup.

Hmm interesting discussion around Clomid & it drying up EWCM... I asked our pharmacist about it when I went to get my perscription last month & they had no idea what I was talking about. They haven't heard of mucinex nor robtussian, so not sure it's even in South Africa :(

I've jotted down the main ingredient though and will see what I can find next month, if AF arrives...

Hey ladies. Clomid most definitely effected my cm this month. I had very little/non at all.
I used preseed each time we dtd. Do any of you know if this is enough or should I have been taking something to stimulate my own cm. I tried grapefruit juice but maybe I didn't drink enough :shrug:

I wish AF could start already, based on my temps I haven't even bothered with tests.

Does anyone know if Dr's increase Clomid each cycle or keep it the same if ovulation occurred?

And for those who can tell me, how long does do SA test results take to come in? We want to go in next week for it.

My Dr did mention increasing my dose if I'm not pregnant after the first couple cycles didn't say how many exactly, I believe they have the SA results rather fast cause they have to do it right away, I had an appt for all our results so I just waited for that.

I have three cycles worth of Clomid at 50 mg and don't think I will be taking anymore of it without doing iui. She said I can do up to 6 cycles but I ovulate on my own just fine so I don't want to waste all 6 cycles

Hey ladies. Clomid most definitely effected my cm this month. I had very little/non at all.
I used preseed each time we dtd. Do any of you know if this is enough or should I have been taking something to stimulate my own cm. I tried grapefruit juice but maybe I didn't drink enough :shrug:

We used preseed whilst on clomid too. I didn't do anything else and it worked for us. I think you have to drink quite a lot of grapefruit juice - I also tried it but gave up pretty quickly as the taste is just horrible! I'm sure drinking more water can help, and that's a good thing to do anyway just for your own general health :) Good luck hun x

Im gonna use preseed as well. i just need to drink lots of water.

My dr kept me at 50mg because I did ovulate with it. On on my 2nd cycle of 50 now.

My husbands SA results came back fast. I think I found out the next day.

Hey Ladies!

Well AF officially started today so that means my 2nd round of clomid was a BFFN!! Only my CD21 bloods have been done to confirm ovulation but I haven't been monitored by ultrasound, etc. Tuesday the 29th is my first appointment with the RE. I am ready to move forward and figure out where I go from here! I just dont' want to waste any more clomid cycles-- who knows maybe I have a blocked tube or something! lol. Off to go skiing for the weekend. At least I can drink while we are away (and with the in-laws, haha).

Hi Ladies!
I think we got moved...anyone know which section we are in? I'm on my phone and can't tell.

Thanks for all the EWCM tips...I'm going to look into guainifesen...but will def increase water intake.

AFM - I had my 1st acu appt yesterday...I found it so relaxing! She said I came at the perfect time as I just finished AF and ramping up to O.

I had a 2nd appt today...and then a 3rd tmrw...

One thing I did notice is that I'm starting to feel pull/twinge in my left ovary since the acu. And that side is usually quieter...so she said its being stimulated.

We used preseed whilst on clomid too. I didn't do anything else and it worked for us. I think you have to drink quite a lot of grapefruit juice - I also tried it but gave up pretty quickly as the taste is just horrible! I'm sure drinking more water can help, and that's a good thing to do anyway just for your own general health :) Good luck hun x

Thank you smiler! Im feeling so optimistic this month, and hearing others success stories like yours is adding to my optimisim! :happydance:

Hi Ladies!
I think we got moved...anyone know which section we are in? I'm on my phone and can't tell.

Thanks for all the EWCM tips...I'm going to look into guainifesen...but will def increase water intake.

AFM - I had my 1st acu appt yesterday...I found it so relaxing! She said I came at the perfect time as I just finished AF and ramping up to O.

I had a 2nd appt today...and then a 3rd tmrw...

One thing I did notice is that I'm starting to feel pull/twinge in my left ovary since the acu. And that side is usually quieter...so she said its being stimulated.

This is so interesting Breaking Dawn. Did it hurt? have you heard of success stories through acupunture? I think id be willing to try it next month if no bfp this month. (as long as it doesnt hurt!)

Hi guys
Just like Elle (we should buddy up!) my Af started today, ill be starting my second round of clomid. Don't know what dose yet. Also I went ahead and made an appt with an RE, don't want to have unmonitored cycles..but that's going to be in mid Feb.
Along with husbands SA results this coming cycle should help us be prepared and provide answers!

Ready2B - I did a lot of reading and have read positive things. Like all things TTC its not 100% but its supports ttc. My RE also recommended acu.

Acu helps bring circulation to your reproductive organs, better lining, stronger blood flow and stimulates ovaries. And most of all it helps you RELAX! Lol

A lot of success stories I read are women who are stressed ttc...or are trying iui, clomid, ivf and also want to relax and stimulate their reproductive systems.

Laslty from a chinese medicine/holistic point of view..you are improving your chi "life energy" with acu and specifically with respect to your fertility.

It did not hurt at all...altho at one point I felt a weird sensation when she was putting the needle in my foot. Not painful more like a tingle sensation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->