Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

sorry laura, did you tell your doc? i know this happened to a friend of mine and she stopped taking the stuff. she's sure it was bad for her mood.

i have a saline sonogram scheduled for tomorrow and an hsg the day after. IM SO SCARED!

im due to start 3rd round tomoro, but i feel like i dfont want to take it. dont know what to do. im sure clomid is sffecting my moods and ive been having terrible mood swings, but now i just dont feel happy at all.

What dose are you on?

hsg is to see if your tubes are ok
saline sonogram is to check the walls of the uterus

Horsey - don't worry, take 2 advils before hand for each test. You'll be fine :). Also, take wear a pantyliner..the hsg dye leaks out afterwards.

Laurabe - to help with the mood swings and overall stress...I started acu this cycle. I already go the gym but I needed something more. Ttc was/is stressing me out.

To any of the ladies thinking of acu. This is my second week and I have to say that EVEN if I was told it does nthing for your fertility...I would still do acu. I find it so calming...and I feel so much "lighter"..I don't know how to explain it...like a sense of calm....

Laura, how much are you taking? I am sure it affects everyone differently, but I have not had any side effects. Hopefully you can get it figured out so you feel better.

sorry laura, did you tell your doc? i know this happened to a friend of mine and she stopped taking the stuff. she's sure it was bad for her mood.

i have a saline sonogram scheduled for tomorrow and an hsg the day after. IM SO SCARED!

Horseypants- this is so crazy. I just came on here to check in and say I've got a saline ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow!! haha, I'm guessing that's the same thing? I am scared too!!!

Today was my first appt with the RE.. long story short if everything looks good tomorrow he is going to do a trigger shot with an IUI for me (next week). However, he needs to check lining and make sure my tubes are open....

I guess with taking clomid day 5-9 he says he worries about lining thickness... so we shall see!!

FX for you horseypants! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Horseypants- this is so crazy. I just came on here to check in and say I've got a saline ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow!! haha, I'm guessing that's the same thing? I am scared too!!!

Today was my first appt with the RE.. long story short if everything looks good tomorrow he is going to do a trigger shot with an IUI for me (next week). However, he needs to check lining and make sure my tubes are open....

I guess with taking clomid day 5-9 he says he worries about lining thickness... so we shall see!!

FX for you horseypants! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Goodluck...take 2 tylenols for cramping!

Im on my third cycke of clomid and have thin lining only this cycle....the other 2 cycles were ok. Im taking estrace vaginally since CD10 - 16.

woke up today with the worst UTI :( have managed to get a doctors appointment this afternoon, so i will discuss my clomid concerns with him. will my GP discuss this even tho it was FS who prescribed it?

Hi everyone :wave: Can I join? I'm taking my first dose of clomid (100mg) tonight (cd3-7). My RE is going to monitor me by ultrasound and then give me the trigger shot once I've got a mature follicle. After that I have to go on progesterone suppositories cuz I've got a luteal phase defect until I have a beta two weeks later to determine if I'm pg.

Horsey and Elle - I've had both an HSG and a Saline Sono and I was TERRIFIED for both, but they really weren't bad - they just kind of felt like period cramping. For both, I had a sharp, intense cramp when they first injected the saline / dye but it only lasted about 5 seconds and then it was gone. Like Breaking Dawn mentioned, take a few Tylenol or Ibuprofen before the test and it should help. GL to you both! :)

Hi JL - welcome to the board! Its been pretty quiet around here lately!

Goodluck on your cycle!

hello ladies havent been on for awhile now but, now doc. has added metformin in with my clomid and downed my clonmid from 200mg to 100mg. I didnt even get a AF this month I spotted for 2 days and thats it, doc said temps were bad and no ovulation, Oh I hope this does the trick, coming up in april it will be 2 years TTC. HUGS HUGS FRIENDS

Hey All,

Well I had my saline ultrasound this afternoon and let's just say I didn't do well with it. It was pretty painful for me and at the end, I ran to the bathroom in their office and threw up! hahaha. No but really, It was not fun, it felt like someone was taking a needle through my uterus while having really terrible cramps! Geez, I am not kidding. I think I have a really low pain tolerance though! lol.

So the good news, everything was clear! Only problem was my uterine lining was thin so I need to take estrase (sp?) to build up my lining. I go on Sunday for another (regular) u/s and if all looks good they are giving me a trigger shot and iui next week.

Phew, glad it's over.

Horseypants- I hope you did okay today!

Breaking Dawn - you must have high pain tolerance! lol!!

woke up today with the worst UTI :( have managed to get a doctors appointment this afternoon, so i will discuss my clomid concerns with him. will my GP discuss this even tho it was FS who prescribed it?

Sorry girl :( I think I would have to say there is nothing worse than a UTI.:hugs:

Hi everyone :wave: Can I join? I'm taking my first dose of clomid (100mg) tonight (cd3-7). My RE is going to monitor me by ultrasound and then give me the trigger shot once I've got a mature follicle. After that I have to go on progesterone suppositories cuz I've got a luteal phase defect until I have a beta two weeks later to determine if I'm pg.

Horsey and Elle - I've had both an HSG and a Saline Sono and I was TERRIFIED for both, but they really weren't bad - they just kind of felt like period cramping. For both, I had a sharp, intense cramp when they first injected the saline / dye but it only lasted about 5 seconds and then it was gone. Like Breaking Dawn mentioned, take a few Tylenol or Ibuprofen before the test and it should help. GL to you both! :)

Welcome JL!! Glad you are joining us!

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been MIA this week, have had a really stressful week which has made me really anxious but starting to feel better now!

Breaking dawn, happy to see your lining is thickening up!

Elle, sorry your saline u/s was unpleasant, when i did mine i almost threw up....haha. Awesome that you're tubes are clear though!!

Horsey, hope you're doing well!

Afm, cd7 now and first folly scan next Monday on cd11!

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been MIA this week, have had a really stressful week which has made me really anxious but starting to feel better now!

Breaking dawn, happy to see your lining is thickening up!

Elle, sorry your saline u/s was unpleasant, when i did mine i almost threw up....haha. Awesome that you're tubes are clear though!!

Horsey, hope you're doing well!

Afm, cd7 now and first folly scan next Monday on cd11!

Thank you and that is funny! Glad someone else was almost on the same page! ;)

That is exciting you get your folly scan on Monday! I hope there's a good one in there!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->