Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Maddy, I am 5dpo and wishing for the next week to zoom by! I will likely test next Friday at 12dpo!

Breaking dawn, sorry about another bfn. I still have my fingers crossed for you.

Horsey, good luck!!

Hey Starlight!
Hows your 2ww going?
Do you temp?

Do update me also, when will you test?

Hi ladies...how is everyone...

Looks like everyone is busy with the wknd.

Starlight...thx hun....goodlck to u!

I ovulate on my own each month as far as I know, (judging by OPKS) and I also confirmed with charting last month. But my periods are irregular. Though my luteal phase seems to be bang on. When I ovulate, I always get my period exactly 14 days later. My longest cycle has been 45 days. So I have an average cycle of 32 days. (Based on a phone app)
Oh I also go by EWCM. So I believe I ovulate each month, but I have not actually been tested to confirm. It's also never been suggested by my doctor or the FS that I don't ovulate.

Hello
My longest cycles were about the same as you, I had irregular cycles and I thought I was O-ing based of positive opks and ewcm
But my doctor decided on testing my vit D levels, they were really low and that can cause anovulation and other stuff
So i would suggest maybe a progesterone test to confirm O just to be sure.

Hi maddy...

I know what you mean....the TWW can be really tough sometimes! Fx that it ends with a bfp for you.

Im good. Saturday was a bit of a tough day for me...got full flow and lots of cramps and emotional.....but im much better today! We have a dr appt tomorrow so we will discuss next steps.

This was the toughest TWW ive had the entire time we've been TTC....mostly bc i never have any symptoms during my TWW...even when i had a bfp in oct when we were NTNP that month. This was the first month i felt anything....my boobs hurt sooooo much and nipples were sore. I feel like this cycle i truly learned that you cant count on symptoms....hoping that will help me be stronger in the next TWW.

So sad today af came, i was really hoping after doing my first round of clomid last month that i would get a bfp, i'll keep my hopes up for next month.....

Did I ovulate this morning?:(

The 10 am one looks the closest but I don't think it is quite positive yet.

I am an early ovulator usually around CD11 and my first round of Clomid I ovulated on CD 15, what CD are you??

breaking dawn - sorry about arrival of AF :hugs: you are very strong and this ttc journey is so difficult. am excited to hear about your doctors appointmen to discuss next steps! I also have an appointment with the doctor next week to discuss next steps if this isn't the cycle for us.

maddy - i am 8dpo today. happy the weekend helped to speed a few days by. i am going to wait till 12dpo (friday) to test, how about you? i used to temp but have not in a while - how are you doing?

mindgames, I don't think you're quite at a positive yet - keep testing! Just remember that when you see the positive, it doesn't mean you ovulated, it means that you will ovulate in the next day or two!

Mindgames I think the best thing to do is get some digital smiley tests if you can. It takes all the guess work out. I use internet cheapies twice per day until I think its positive and then confirm with the digi. My two Lines aren't always equal when the digi confirms positive. GL!. :dust:

Breaking dawn very sorry to hear AF arrived. Keep us updated on what you decide to do next. Can you just remind me how long you've been trying please?

Starlight youre so controlled waiting til 12dpo! Good luck :dust:

Afm..I'm CD12 today. We're going for a mid week break for CD13-15. We planned it so we'd be away for my O days. So hopefully my body plays ball now!! Things are getting tougher as the months tick by,so we're hoping a romantic break will help.

Starlight...thanks hun..Hows your cycle going??

Ready2B....its been a year since we started trying (dec2011), but we took some time off during that year...so its been 8 or so cycles. We did have a chemical one month this past sept/oct but nothing since then.

For those of you that asked about my dr appt. ..it was really good. Generally he likes to do 6 cycles of a treatment. in my case...all my tests are great, i have had more then 1 follicle each clomid cycle, BD timing has been good. He said the only thing that cant "test" for is what happens when sperm meets egg. There are many scenarios...ie eggs shell is too hard so sperm cant get thru, the recepters arent working so they cannot find each other...altho both may be right next to each other...etc etc

Because we are on vacation this next cycle, he has prescribed femera....sometimes it works better for some people. And i wont have to worry about thin lining because i will not be monitored.

If this cycle does not work...then we plan to do IUI with femera + injections...

Its great that you have such a definite plan breaking dawn. This is our 7th cycle, so were nearly the same as you.

Your doc looked at your bd timing and said it was good. Do you mind me asking what days you bd? My doc never looked at our timing. We try to bd at least 1 day in the 5 days leading up to a positive opk and then we bd for 2-3 days straight once I get a + opk. Does this sound right or should we be aiming for another day once the opk is gone neg again?

Its great that you have such a definite plan breaking dawn. This is our 7th cycle, so were nearly the same as you.

Your doc looked at your bd timing and said it was good. Do you mind me asking what days you bd? My doc never looked at our timing. We try to bd at least 1 day in the 5 days leading up to a positive opk and then we bd for 2-3 days straight once I get a + opk. Does this sound right or should we be aiming for another day once the opk is gone neg again?

Yes he did bc my follicles are monitored, after the scan the RE on call will say for example "today is day 10...looks like you have 2 follies on you right that are the largest so far...BD every other day starting today and ome back on CD13."

Then i have another scan on CD13...etc

Here was ny BD plan.

We started every other day on CD8. RE advised on CD10 everyother day (so matched what i was doing anyhow). CD13 RE advised to BD that day and everyday until O was confirmed.

The only changes i made to the above was the time of day. First cycle was late PM, 2nd was early PM, 3rd was a mix of AM and early PM.

The only thing i would recommend is to make sure you BD at least 2 days before you start every day so that sperm is fresh.

So, if u start 3 days in a row on CD13-15. Then BD on CD11.

Excellent.this is exactly what we're doing this month. We bd yesterday (CD11) going to skip today and then go CD13-15.
Thanks so much for the info!

You never know, the change in meds might be just the change your body needs. :hugs:

I reaaly hope so....plus a much needed vacation.

:dance: im packing. Andjust pulling out my bikinis is getting me sooo excited

:dance: :dance:

I reaaly hope so....plus a much needed vacation.

:dance: im packing. Andjust pulling out my bikinis is getting me sooo excited

:dance: :dance:

You know the vacation might be even more beneficial than meds! If I hear the phrase "just relax" one more time il punch someone....but you are getting to relax. Can't be bad! :kiss:

Yeah, "just relax" is so not what is needed when your body just isn't working!

Luckily, I have only told one close friend (okay, maybe 2, haha) about our TTC adventures. She went through the exact same thing (and is now pregnant, yay) so I never hear "just relax" from her, because she totally understands the efforts needed, at times!

I've told 3 separate friends so far. The nurse in my docs office is the worst for the "just relax" "don't stress" and the worst "it'll happen when you stop trying"!!! Eh...I'm not gona stop trying so are you saying it won't happen??!! Idiot!!

I regret telling one of the friends cause I get a text every so often "so..any news". F@#k off! Il tell you when I have news!!!

And actually the friend who has been the best and most supportive is a friend who never wants kids herself. Go figure!

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->