Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Bris, I was on 3 cycles of clomid.

I ovulate on my own - weakly though - 50mg gave me good strong ovulation. We switched to Femera just to change things around.

I read a really good article on clomid protocol..if I can find the link I will post it here.

It's talks about 50mg being the baseline test for clomid. If on the first attempt you do not ovulate then the 2nd cycle should be increased and so on. Until you find the dose that works.

I agree I find it odd when I hear Dr's also keep trying 1 dose when it's not working.

Are you being monitored? Do you go in for scans in clomid.

He didnt want to do scans or anything except blood test this month because he didnt think I would have an issue getting my BFP right away... I guess because so many of his patients do. If it doesnt work this month then we are gonna try a more regulated cycle where I am monitored and everything...

He told me to call and make an appointment to come in so he could test and see if I ovulated. But he didnt tell me on what cycle day he wanted me to come in or anything so I am not sure how long after ovulation I should wait. Do you have any idea?

He probably wants to send you for a 7dpo blood test. if you are temping, you should call him at 3dpo and make an appointment

Bris,

I would just call once you've ovulated and let the Dr's office know. And they can let you know what his protocol is....ie which day you should come in for blood test.

Goodluck!

Horsey..
Are you on femera?

I saw your post in a femera thread in another section.

I'm on rd#3 Clomid- I've never gotten a pos opk, clomid dries out your CM, and I didn't have any cramping. But my BBT's were accurate.

Well I poas IC and it was :bfn: but maybe too early for those ones. 12dpo and :af: I'm not out yet!

Hello Ladies!!

Its been quite awhile since I've posted on here. I've been reading posts and trying to keep up with you all!!

Puppymom - I just wanted to say that needing the trigger shot does not necessarily mean IUI or IVF. I don't seem to ovulate on my own (or with clomid 50mg). The first cycle that I took clomid they were monitoring me and when I didn't seem to be ovulating I got the trigger shot. It worked and I got my bfp. Unfortunately it didnt stick and I had a m/c. The good news is I found out that I can get pregnant. I am now on my third round of clomid (50mg). We didn't up the dosage (even though I didn't ovulate on my own) because it worked anyways. The negatives of a higher dosage of clomid (ie. thinning of the lining, less cm, more side effects) did not seem to be justified since I knew with the trigger shot I could get pregnant. My second round I couldnt get monitored (or get the trigger) due to timing (it fell over Christmas holidays). It didn't work. This third cycle I had monitoring and a trigger. So fingers crossed it works again.

Breaking Dawn - I hope Femera works for you this time. Maybe switching it up is just what your body needs!! I also think the holiday will be the extra boost you need. Relaxation and quality bd time sounds like the perfect thing to give you your bfp this cycle!!

Congrats Murmers!! I am so excited for you. I hope you have a very happy and healthy nine months!!

Starlight, Maddy, Horseypants and lune_miel - Good luck when you test (or test again)!! I have my fingers crossed for you all!! It would be nice to see some more bfp's on here!!

I am currently on cd16. When I went for tracking on Thursday cd11 they found a large follicle and a smaller one. Since we had a long weekend this week and they were closed Monday they wanted me to get my trigger shot before the weekend (since the big follicle was already 25.5 on friday). So I got my shot on Friday. That means I should have o'd in the last day or so. I can't test opk's because the trigger shot will give me false positives. I also can't test early (I have to wait for the hcg to get out of my system from the trigger).

Last time I waited until almost 3 weeks post trigger before testing. I may test earlier this time to see how long it takes the hcg to get out of my system. I ordered more cheap tests online so as long as they get here in time I will use them. It seemed like it happened way faster than I was expecting. I didn't think I would be getting a trigger until this week (like today or tomorrow).

We bd'ed on the 14th (the night before the trigger). But then we only bd'ed on the 16th and the 18th. We really should have on the 17th as well. I hope we didn't miss it because of that. We will bd tonight and tomorrow too just to be sure. I am supposed to go for a day 23 blood test to make sure that the trigger actually made me ovulate. I am hopeful that this will work again (and that it will stick this time!!). I can't symptom spot as I get all kinds of symptoms due to the hcg from the shot. So its just a matter of waiting. Hopefully these next few weeks will go by as quickly as the last few have!!

Hello to everyone else!! I am sending lots of baby dust to everyone!!

Thanks for sharing jenkb123 - I would love the trigger to help me along, but have to wait to be referred to a FS before I can get it. I understand that not everyone gets IUI along with it, it just seems like a fairly common process to up the chances. Either way, I'd just be happy to ovulate!

Jenkb..goodluck hun.

Hope this cycle is it for you.

And thanks...im really hoping femera does it too :)

Hey ladies,
AF got me so into my second cycle of Clomid :(
TMI question, my AF this cycle is very dark and mostly clots. I do have clots regularly but my AF is bright red, so wondering if Clomid had caused this very dark AF as that is the only thing I did different this cycle.

jenkb -- good luck to you this cylce!!

maddy -- have you tested yet?

afm - am 10dpo today and going to wait till friday to test. i have a feeling that this cycle won't be the one, but that is okay as we have an appointment next wed with the doctor to discuss next steps, so am excited for that!!

Rebandy..sorry AF got you :hugs: its possible that as a result of your clomid ovulation, the lining is being "cleaned" out better...

Starlight...good luck in testing! and I have to say I felt really good after my Dr's appt that was post AF.

But hopefully you get your bfp :)

Thanks Breaking Dawn :) Have you started the femera yet? (not sure how the dosage works for that).

I tried another IC and it was :bfn: but maybe still too early for those ones. 13dpo and :af: I'm not out yet!

I need to stop on the way home and get some FRER's!

Starlight

I started on Monday, so day 3 today. It's 5 mg dose, it comes in 2.5 mg pills.

Not sure what the standard fose is (like how clomid is 50mg).

I'm thinking it's the 5mg though bc I've only ever taken 50 mg of clomid.

breaking dawn -- have you been feeling okay on the femera or any side effects? is it 5 days of pill just like clomid? i hope that this does the trick for you, have my fingers crossed!!!

Yep...5 days as well.

The side effects list is the same as clomid but I feel ok so far.

jenkb -- good luck to you this cylce!!

maddy -- have you tested yet?

afm - am 10dpo today and going to wait till friday to test. i have a feeling that this cycle won't be the one, but that is okay as we have an appointment next wed with the doctor to discuss next steps, so am excited for that!!

I'll test tomo, AF is expected Saturday and I already see the usual pre-AF signs :(

DH's SA is good, my appt with an RE is early March, will prolly start clomid cycle 3 before I see her.

Waiting on the Dr to call back with results on if I ovulated this cycle. FX!

Hey ladies,
AF got me so into my second cycle of Clomid :(
TMI question, my AF this cycle is very dark and mostly clots. I do have clots regularly but my AF is bright red, so wondering if Clomid had caused this very dark AF as that is the only thing I did different this cycle.

I had a heavy dark clotty AF after my first clomid cycle. Before clomid I had a short, medium to light af, no clots. So I guess its the Clomid then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->