Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Hi everyone, mind if I join in? I just finished my first round of clomid pills last night, and now I'm just waiting on ov. I've been pretty consistent with ov between days 9-11, but I was told clomid will extend that out a few days. :happydance:

My doc started me on 100mg for the challenge test, but said that if everything looks good, I'll keep up with the clomid for the next few cycles.

We're considering going straight to IUI with the clomid if this cycle doesn't give us a bfp...are there any advantages to staying with bd'ing over IUI while on clomid (other than cost)?

Edit: PS, has anyone experienced ovary pain after taking clomid? It almost feels like an ovulation, but my temp is low still. I don't think I can test on an OPK b/c clomid affects the result...is that correct?

Yes I have ovary pain with ovulation on clomid.

You can use opks as long as you start 3 days after your last clomid pill.

Hi everyone, mind if I join in? I just finished my first round of clomid pills last night, and now I'm just waiting on ov. I've been pretty consistent with ov between days 9-11, but I was told clomid will extend that out a few days. :happydance:

My doc started me on 100mg for the challenge test, but said that if everything looks good, I'll keep up with the clomid for the next few cycles.

We're considering going straight to IUI with the clomid if this cycle doesn't give us a bfp...are there any advantages to staying with bd'ing over IUI while on clomid (other than cost)?

Edit: PS, has anyone experienced ovary pain after taking clomid? It almost feels like an ovulation, but my temp is low still. I don't think I can test on an OPK b/c clomid affects the result...is that correct?

I was an earlier O'er before Clomid as well, it made me O my last two cycles at CD 15&16, I was worried cause my average was CD 11 but it happened! And I had really bad ovary pains the first round but not the second.

Same here....I had them severe on first 2 rounds but not too bad on the 3rd cycle. I just finished my 3rd cycle and have already ovulated but it was on CD16-17. Not really sure becuase I don't chart but going by my OPK first positive it was at CD15 so guessing I o'd after it became negative around CD16 and 17.

Hello ladies. So I'm on cd2, I decided to skip clomid for this cycle which would be my 3rd. I will continue ttc of course but without help for this month. I'm seeing my re on wed to update him on everything re: clomid. I might just do iui after this natural cycle. I need a break from clomid it's a lot for me. Hope everyone is doing well!

Mindgames.... congratulations!!!!

Starlight ... how are you?

Elle...your story is exactly like mine. Had 3 clomid cycles with bfn so Dr wanted to try femera.

What is your dose for femera? I also get 1-2 20mm follies on 50mg clomid. My dr put me on 5mg femera and I got 2 17mm follies.

Hi ;)

I was on 5mg of femara as well. Although my RE strangely likes patients to take clomid and femara CD 1-5...

As of Thursday which was CD 14 I had no follies bigger than 12 or 13mm. CD 14 last cycle I had two 20+mm follies (on the clomid).

I go back tomorrow morning to do another U/S and then discuss where we go from there. I really think if they try to tell me to up femara I am going to say no. I just did not respond to it at all. I rather go to injections than waste another cycle...

Elle,
Yea it doesn't sound like Femera was right for you...best to move to what works!

Good luck on your next cycle!

Hello Ladies! Hope you don't mind if I join in!

I'm currently waiting to start my first cycle on Clomid. My DH and I have been TTC #1 for 1 year and 5 months now with no luck. I usually have a very regular 32 day cycle, however I haven't had a period since December 31st, 2012. My doc thinks I'm not ovulating which is why I missed this last period. Put me on 10mg of Provera for 10 days to get things started back up.

Took my last Provera on March 6th, still no AF, but I've heard that it can take up to 2 weeks to start. When AF finally shows up, will be taking Clomid on cds 3-7! So excited to start. I really hope that this is the answer that we have been needing!

I'm so excited to chat with ladies going through the same things that I am!

Welcome britta! Good luck with starting af back up and with first cycle on clomid. Keep us updated

Hi there,

I start Clomid for the first time tonight. I'm a bit nervous for side effects and the possibility of multiples!!
My situation is a bit different from you all...I'm in a same-sex relationship so conception is happening from a fertility clinic right from the get-go. I've been cycle monitoring for 2 months now. They put me on Metformin -- 1500mg/day last month and have decided to best my chances to conceive the first time by giving me the Clomid this month (insemination cycle #1). I'm on 50mg cd 3-7.

I'm trying to be positive that the 1st time will do the trick :) I have PCOS but the fertility doc doesn't seem to think that I should have any troubles getting preggo.

Good luck to you all~

Hello ladies, hope every one is doing well. Had my mid cycle ultrasound today and found out we have 10 eggs! So they decidednot to give me my noverall injection shot. Didn't want to overstimulate the overies or be like octomom lol. Waiting for my positive on my opk then plenty of baby dancing. Maybe we will get lucky and catch one of them. Only 2 of the 10 were the size they need to be but the rest could grow. Uterine lining was where it needed to be.

Itscrazright- good luck with clomid:dust:

Dannixo- that's great!! Sending lots of :dust: your way

Afm I went to see my re today I explained my side effects with clomid and how I'm skipping this cycle. Possibilities of doing natural iui this cycle etc. well...... He wants me to start clomid today cd5, 50mg then he will perform iui with trigger shot next week. So much for a natural cycle huh lol. He said he won't up my clomid dose because I'm responding great to 50mg. So now I'm going back sun to check how big my follicles are. He also did ultra sound to check lining and make sure I don't have any cyst. Everything was good and he said clomid isn't effecting my lining at all and it might be effecting my cm. he seems pretty positive that it will happen I just have to do the right treatment. I like my doctor but its just so expensive since I don't have insurance so I must pay for everything, each ultrasound is $350 imagine everything else.

Good luck to all you ladies this cycle, hopefully our journey will end soon

Family...i cant imagine how expensive it is without insurance. must be tougher to make decisions while thinking about all the $$$$

I'm glad to hear your Dr is excited about this cycle...Mt hats always reassuring!

Goodluck :)

Thx breakingdawn. It is tougher because without the funds u can't do anything but we decided its important to us so we going into savings and hopefully it will happen soon.
My doctor is so positive it makes me feel excited so that's always good
Good luck to you this cycle!!

Aww so sorry... ^ I know how u feel, gather ur strength for next cycle thou it is still early

Thanks Hun.

Just feeling like...what's going to work? Clomid didn't work and now neither did femera.

oh breaking dawn, so sorry for the bfn :hugs: it is still early so don't count yourself out yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->